Delphi XE5 Enterprise FireDAC SQL Server driver not in list

Just installed Delphi XE5 Studio Enterprise. Playing with FireDAC components. When I drop a TFDConnection on my form, I am looking for the driver for Microsoft SQL Server. I do not see it in the list.

I see ADS, ASA, FB, IB, MSAcc, MySQL, ODBC, PG, SQLLite.

Is there a separate install?

Wayne
0
Wayne

This is a bug. The workaround is to drop TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink
on a form. Then MSSQL will be accessible in the drivers list.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

> This is a bug. The workaround is to drop TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink
> on a form. Then MSSQL will be accessible in the drivers list.

0
Wayne

Delphi XE3 FireDAC TADConnection: Firebird driver not in Driver ID list
Delphi XE3 Enterprise FireDAC TADConnection Firebird driver not in Driver ID list Hi to all, I use Delphi XE3 Enterprise and have just installed FireDAC 7.0.1, but trying the sample "getting started" application, I can't find Firebird in the Driver ID list. I can see ADS, ASA, DataSnap, etc but no Firebird. By the way, all the DBExpress applications are running fine with Firebird. Is something I have missed? Hernando. Hello Hernando 'FB' driver ID was introduced in FireDAC v 9.0.1 (XE5). Before that existed only 'IB' driver ID. To workaround ...

FireDAC Client/Server for RAD Studio XE5 Professional MS SQL Server Driver
Hello, I have purchased the RAD Studio XE5 Professional Edition and the add-on : FireDAC Client/Server for RAD Studio XE5 Professional. I am attempting to create a simple project : File\New\FireMonkey Mobile Application - Delphi. Confirm the blank application template. Now for the FireDAC components ... I simply add a TFDConnection object to the blank form and the "FDConnection1" is created successfully. I right mouse click and choose "Connection Editor..." from the drop down list. I attempt to select the MS SQL Server driver ID, but it is not available ...

FireDAC XE5 with Delphi XE
I have Delphi Enterprise XE5 and XE, and use both for various projects. Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I believe) with Delphi Enterprise XE? If so, how do I obtain the standalone FireDAC XE5 installer? I have an active RAD Studio Enterprise software assurance plan. I've looked for FireDAC XE5 in my registered users download section, but I can't find anything for FireDAC XE5. I can only find downloads for FireDAC XE4. Regards, -Kevin Hello Kevin > Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I > believe) wi...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

Firedac: Delphi Pro vs Enterprise
If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. Is it correct ? thanks Roberto Il 02/10/2014 16:44, roberto nicchi ha scritto: > If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise > version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to > a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. > Is it correct ? > > thanks > Roberto &...

FireDAC folder absent (Delphi XE5)
I'm just poking around with FireDAC for the first time We're using Delphi 5 Enterprise version, so should be able to access MySQL on a remote server. My initial issues are that the files that I'd expect to see (from [this|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Utilities_(FireDAC)] article) don;t seem to exist. Coupled to this, when I run FireDAC Explorer from C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin it deems to be looking for a folder +\RAD Studio\FireDAC+ and so doesn't save the created profiles... Any suggestions? > {quote:title=Dan ...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Firedac memtable included wih delphi XE5 Pro?
Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? Mike Margerum wrote: > Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? According to the feature matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix Yes. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Thank you dave. I couldn't find that feature matrix. ...

FireDAC and FetchBlobs with MySQL 5.5 and Delphi XE5
I try to obtain a stream of blob field stored in MySQL Database. With Oracle and MSSQL, it works great but with MYSQL, it doesn't work. I proceed like it's indicated in the documentation: ms-help://embarcadero.rs_xe5/libraries/FireDAC.Comp.DataSet.TFDDataSet.FetchBlobs.html {code} FDQuery1.FetchOptions.Items := FDQuery1.FetchOptions.Items - [fiBlobs]; FDQuery1.Open; ..... FDQuery1.FetchBlobs; oStr := FDQuery1.CreateBlobStream(FDQuery1.FieldByName('image'), bmRead); try // process image finally oStr.Free; end; {code} Does somebody succeed loading blob in ...

FireDAC installation
My company's currently using Delphi 2010 (Professional), and we're very tempted by the current upgrade offer to take us to Delphi XE5. While our internal release cycles mean we're likely to put off the actual upgrade to XE5, we could make use of the FireDAC system in the near future and as far as I can tell from the feature matrix this +is+ bundled with XE5 Pro. So, as the offer means the upgrade to XE5 is only slightly more expensive than the FireDAC package in isolation, does anyone know if it's possible to install/use the FireDAC bundled with XE5 on our 2010 installati...

Basic setup for remote/virtual server with FireDAC/Delphi etc.
Hi,I waswondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with some advice. In the past I have produced an application with Delphi 2007, IB Objects and Firebird 2.0 with Dev Express grids which worked really well. I now want to produce a completely new version taking advantage if possible of a hosted (cloud based) server. My idea is rent a windows 2008 R2 server off Hetzner, install Firebird 2.5 on it with my large databases. I should point out all my databases are used read only no editing. I would then like to produce a new windows app (and ios/android app later on) with my new XE4 a...

Delphi XE5: Missing Propery Editors sources For Firedac Components
I'm developing in Delphi XE5 Enterprise edition. I'm looking for Firedac's Components Editors source file in source/Property Editors folder and i'm not able to find them. Component Editor is an object that usually extends TComponentEditor. Do you confirm that Embarcadero has not release the source code for Firedac's Components Editors in Delphi XE5? Hello Federico Most design time property editors and several component editors source files are not delivered. But several "major" component editors source files are delivered: * FireDAC.VCLUI.ConnEdit.pas - TF...