Delphi XE3 FireDAC TADConnection: Firebird driver not in Driver ID list

Delphi XE3 Enterprise FireDAC TADConnection Firebird driver not in Driver ID list

Hi to all,

I use Delphi XE3 Enterprise and have just installed FireDAC 7.0.1, but trying the sample "getting started" application, I can't find Firebird in the Driver ID list. I can see  ADS, ASA, DataSnap, etc but no Firebird.

By the way, all the DBExpress applications are running fine with Firebird.

Is something I have missed?

Hernando.
0
Hernando

Hello Hernando

'FB' driver ID was introduced in FireDAC v 9.0.1 (XE5). Before that existed only 'IB' driver ID.
To workaround this issue, you can modify FireDAC\DB\ADDrivers.ini and add:
{code}[FB]
BaseDriverID=IB
VendorLib=fbclient.dll{code}

Regards,
Dmitry
0
Dmitry
12/23/2013 3:26:30 PM
Dmitry,

Thank you very much for your help.

Hernando.
0
Hernando

Delphi XE5 Enterprise FireDAC SQL Server driver not in list
Just installed Delphi XE5 Studio Enterprise. Playing with FireDAC components. When I drop a TFDConnection on my form, I am looking for the driver for Microsoft SQL Server. I do not see it in the list. I see ADS, ASA, FB, IB, MSAcc, MySQL, ODBC, PG, SQLLite. Is there a separate install? Wayne This is a bug. The workaround is to drop TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink on a form. Then MSSQL will be accessible in the drivers list. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informi...

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Delphi XE3
Is there any free driver which can be used to connect delphi XE3 with SQLite database. There are many drivers available at Devart like Lite Dac, DotConnect, DBExpress driver for SQLite. But is there any free driver available? <delphi coder> wrote in message news:620033@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is there any free driver which can be used to connect delphi XE3 with > SQLite database. There are many drivers available at Devart like Lite Dac, > DotConnect, DBExpress driver for SQLite. But is there any free driver > available? several possibilities mentioned here as ...

FireDac Delphi XE3 installation problem
Hi all, I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. Required package 'designdgm' not found. Can someone assist me about the problem? Thanks. > {quote:title=Cem Zafer Demirsoy wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. > Required package 'designdgm' not found. > Can someone assist me about the problem? > Thanks...

No drivers listed in the Driver store
All, I've built a OES Linux SP2 server on VMWARE for a new remote office, but when I go through the iPrint creation and configuration process, I do not have any of the pre-installed print drivers listed in my newly created Driver Store, nor can I add one. I'll admit to being really new to OES Linux, but I've checked all of the areas in all of the TIDs I can find. All to no avail. There must be something that did not either get installed or is not currently running. If anyone could point me at something to look at, or a new NPM to install. The install is straight o...

Firebird "driver" for Delphi 2009 Pro?
Is there a Firebird 2.X Driver that will work with Delphi 2009 Pro out there yet? All the sites I looked at didn't seem to explicitly say they had a 2009 version yet. I need it for a middle tier so I think that rules out DBExpress seeing I have the pro version of Delphi 2009. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks, Curt Curt Krueger wrote: > Is there a Firebird 2.X Driver that will work with Delphi 2009 Pro out there > yet? All the sites I looked at didn't seem to explicitly say they had a > 2009 version yet. > > I need it for a middle tier so I th...

Delphi XE Unknown driver 'Firebird' exception
Well... I have a Delphi 2007 application running fine since several years ago using dbExpress + dbxint30.dll with a Firebird 1.5 database. It uses a ini file that is read during application's bootstrap and configurates de TSQLConnection parameters before connecting to the database. Now I'm compiling the same application with Delphi XE using dbExpress + dbxfb.dll and the only difference is that in the ini file these parameters change to: DriverName=Firebird LibraryName=dbxfb.dll .... But I get a "Unknown driver Firebird" exception. I did test connecting from the ...

Firebird "driver" for Delphi 2009 Pro? #2
Is there a Firebird 2.X Driver that will work with Delphi 2009 Pro out there yet? All the sites I looked at didn't seem to explicitly say they had a 2009 version yet. I need it for a middle tier so I think that rules out DBExpress seeing I have the pro version of Delphi 2009. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks, Curt ...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Drivers Drivers Drivers on Terminal Servers
Hi, Ive running NW6.5 Sp5 with iprint client 4.26 on a pool of 2003 terminal Servers. Clients have printers installed via login sript each time they login. 1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the TS and workstation 2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver or RPCS Driver. Thamks Mike Michael@nospam.ddg.com wrote: >1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the >TS and workstation No. >2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver ...

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Web resources about - Delphi XE3 FireDAC TADConnection: Firebird driver not in Driver ID list - embarcadero.delphi.firedac