How can I link the RandG library function?

I am trying to convert to XE6 an old C program written circa 1994 and intended
for a Unix flavor of C. It uses the math function  normal_rand  which
does not exist in XE6. Browsing around, it looks like a good substitute
could be  RandG  whose declaration is in  System.Math.hpp

The compiler does not complain, but the linker does, saying that it is
unable to resolve the external  RandG

Any suggestions ?   Thanks

Alberto

---
Alberto
1/18/2015 7:24:30 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.cpp 2803 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 1/18/2015 8:24 PM, Alberto di Bene wrote:

> The compiler does not complain, but the linker does, saying that it is
> unable to resolve the external  RandG

Can anybody suggest which object library should I point the linker to,
to have that external reference resolved ?

Thanks

Alberto

---
Alberto
1/20/2015 10:12:47 PM
Alberto di Bene wrote:

> I am trying to convert to XE6 an old C program written circa 1994 and
> intended for a Unix flavor of C. It uses the math function
> normal_rand  which does not exist in XE6. Browsing around, it looks
> like a good substitute could be  RandG  whose declaration is in
> System.Math.hpp
>
> The compiler does not complain, but the linker does, saying that it is
> unable to resolve the external  RandG
>
> Any suggestions ?   Thanks
>
> Alberto

Create your project using the VCL framework and it should link.

--
Bruce
0
On 1/26/2015 9:42 PM, Bruce Salzman wrote:

> Create your project using the VCL framework and it should link.

Thanks for your answer. But the application is a console one, and it does
not make any use of the VCL... I had hoped it would be just necessary to add
an object library to the linker... or is it absolutely mandatory to have
a VCL project to resolve that external reference ? Can I have a console
application compiled with a VCL project ?

Thanks.

Alberto

---
Alberto
1/26/2015 1:01:01 AM
Alberto di Bene wrote:

> On 1/26/2015 9:42 PM, Bruce Salzman wrote:
>
> > Create your project using the VCL framework and it should link.
>
> Thanks for your answer. But the application is a console one, and it
> does not make any use of the VCL... I had hoped it would be just
> necessary to add an object library to the linker... or is it
> absolutely mandatory to have a VCL project to resolve that external
> reference ? Can I have a console application compiled with a VCL
> project ?

Yes, you can use the VCL in a console program. Choose New|Other|C++
Builder Projects|Console Application. Specify C++ and set Target
Framework to Visual Components Library. You can then add any C or C++
files to the project. (You don't need to use the forms portion of the
VCL).

--
Bruce
0

"Alberto di Bene" <dibene@usa.net> wrote in message
> a VCL project to resolve that external reference ? Can I have a console
> application compiled with a VCL project ?

It used to be possible (bds2006/rs2007) from the command line to create
console application using VCL, I think with -WCV switches.

Don't know if still possible with whatever version you're using (XE6 was
it?) or not, and whether you can create project or not achieving that
combination of settings...
0
david

can dynamically link their application to Oracle instead of statically linking AVANTE.exe against Oracle 8.1.7 libraries?
can dynamically link their application to Oracle instead of statically linking AVANTE.exe against Oracle 8.1.7 libraries? Thanks I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. On 20 Apr 2004 09:45:29 -0700, "Mario Mendez" <mmendez@innova.com.mx> wrote: >can dynamically link their application to Oracle instead of statically >linking AVANTE.exe against Oracle 8.1.7 libraries? > > >Thanks > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=news...

Can not save function to library
I tried to create a new function 'f_test' I got a message "Destination library must be in the current library list" when I tried to save this function . Thank for advance. Which library were you trying to save to. It generally (the msg) means that you opened a PBL file that is not part of your current project and then made changes. PB will not save a PBL file UNLESS it is part of the current project library list. Oh well... Hope <Hope.hsu@lmco.com> wrote in article <3dCEXkQe9GA.196@forums.powersoft.com>... > I tried to create a new function ...

Can Inline link to static libraries
One of the reasons I started using Inline was because the xs code someone gave me couldn't link to static libraries. Can Inline::C get around this. Can Inline::Java get around this if I need to use Java? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@usgs.gov> To: <inline@perl.org> Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:55 AM Subject: Can Inline link to static libraries > One of the reasons I started using Inline was because the xs code someone > gave me couldn't link to static libraries. Can Inline::C get around this. > C...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Can Jaguar call C library functions?
I'm wondering if Jaguar is capable of calling C functions using JNI? Thanks! - Sam Java components can use JNI or if you want we natively support C components right in the server. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division Sam McCaa <smccaa@mccaawebster.com> wrote in message news:IgX1YE2Q$GA.288@forums.sybase.com... > I'm wondering if Jaguar is capable of calling C functions using JNI? > > Thanks! > - Sam > > Dave, Is there any documentation on how to use Jaguar with JNI? - Sam Dave Wolf [Sybase] <dwolf@sybase.com> wro...

Can I link to codebehind function on another page?
Hi All, Many thanks in advance.  I'm pretty sure there's simple solution to this, but I can't seem to nail it down.  I have a function that I need to use throughout my website, but I don't want to have to go to every single page to update that function when there's a change. Is there a way to save the function in one place and point each page to it? Thanks!60% of the time, this code works every time.  You may consider placing the function in a class within App_Code Folder. You should be able to access your function from any page within your web applica...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

How can something in Firefox break something in a library it links to
I am hitting a problem with my Palm builds of Firefox that are tricky to narrow down since they don't seem to get caught right in a debugger. The Palm Pre has a gesture area, for the sake of this it basically operates like keys on a keyboard. On some of my older builds pressing the gesture area does nothing since there is no code to handle it. On later builds pressing it causes a strange bunch of SIGSTOP signals followed by a SIGSEGV to be sent to my app. A debugger can catch the SIGSTOP (but it is in a random place everytime as you might expect) but not the SIGSEGV. Af...

delphi
i want it to be loaded back in delphi. so its delphi to delphi method, wich one is it; CDECL or STDCALL? {code} procedure MyFunc();*cdecl*; begin end; exports MyFunc(); {code} Edited by: Goga Goge on Nov 10, 2012 1:43 AM > i want it to be loaded back in delphi. so its delphi to delphi method, wich one is it; CDECL or STDCALL? Whatever it was in the original, and if nothing, then nothing. If you're writing the DLL itself, then the choice just depends on what you want to use the DLL with - nothing restricts you to Delphi and C++Builder clients, stdcall opens the pos...

can you turn off the function that turns \\srv\abc into a link?
thanks No, but tucked in the registry somewhere hkcu/novell/groupwise/internet are most of the regex delimiters. <rhowe@cityoftulsa.org> wrote in message news:zSWHh.1574$1q5.438@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > thanks ...

Web resources about - How can I link the RandG library function? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.cpp

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

Fatally weak MD5 function torpedoes crypto protections in HTTPS and IPSEC
... US Navy ) If you thought MD5 was banished from HTTPS encryption, you'd be wrong. It turns out the fatally weak cryptographic hash function, ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Learning F# – Passing Parameters to Functions
One of the first issues I faced when learning F# was finding out how to specify multiple parameters to a function. While this might sound obvious ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Power Through Your Work With a “Forcing Function”
... to flow faster and more easily when I know I only have a couple of hours to turn it in. Entrepreneur Dan Martell calls this a “forcing function” ...

Macphun Creative Kit 2016 review: Critical photo editing functions delivered in one diverse app
With Creative Kit, Macphun wants to pick up where Apple’s now-defunct Aperture left off. As a plug-in to Photos , Macphun’s apps significantly ...