database connection lost -> fdquerys closed

When there is a temporary loose of connection, all fdquerys become close. Is there a property I can change to avoid that? I seem unable to find it.

Basically I want them to work like clientdatasets do, caching data until reconnection. Using "offline" would be awkward because we would have to call it one by one, and moreover it doesn't seem to do what I want.

TIA
0
angel

angel sanchez wrote:

> Basically I want them to work like clientdatasets do, caching data
> until reconnection. Using "offline" would be awkward because we would
> have to call it one by one, and moreover it doesn't seem to do what I
> want.

Perhaps this article from the docwiki can help you:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Recovering_Connection_(FireDAC)

You can call TFDConnection.Offline to affect all connected datasets. No
need to touch each of them by yourself.

--
Uwe Raabe
Embarcadero MVP

During connection lost, how to close database connection
I'm using TidTCPServer OnExecute method. When client connect to server, I create Database connection with Unidac to PostGreSQL (connection ceated and handled inside onExecute). Problem is when the connection to client is lost, the connection to database does'nt disappear. When cheking from PostGRE pgAdmin there is several connections more than what we have clients. I have tried to put dbConnect.close or FreeandNil(dbConnect) or dbConnect.Free in try.. except.. end except block. But it looks like when the connection is lost, the thread stop/collaps and the database connection stay...

Connection.close() not closing my connection?
My servlet calls con.close() within the finally {} of a try..catch block. Yet I notice that sa_conn_info still lists the connection. Shouldn't the connection disappear from the sa_conn_info list when I close it? And if the answer to that is "yes, it should", has anybody seen situations like mine where it *doesn't* close it? Thanks for your help, Kathleen My bad... through a series of really stupid coding mistakes, I managed to cause a SQLException to be thrown from within the finally {} block before the connection could be closed... and I was ignoring the ...

how to close database connection, connection pool issue
I have create a asp.net 2.0 application with mysql using the .net/connector 5.1. Most of my pages use a ObjectDataSource control and a Repeater Control. I am calling Close() on both the reader and DB connection but it appears that the connections are not closing and the connection pool gets filled up and I get an error. Does anyone know why the connections aren't closing?  Heres the function that the ObjectDataSource calls:Function myFunc(ByVal subCat As String, ByVal sortBy As String) Dim connStr As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("connector").Co...

close window appliation without connection close of database
 Hello,If i close window application without connection close of database, connection will be closed or it is still there in pool?Thanks VISHAL PAREKH vrparekh@gmail.com:  Hello, If i close window application without connection close of database, connection will be closed or it is still there in pool? Thanks It will be alive unless you close it using Connection.Close()  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets vrparekh@gmail.com:If i close window application without connection close of database, co...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Database connection is not closed
Hello, I have a class getData.vb.  In the new method of the class, I open an new connection to the database. From each page on load event, when I need to get data from database, I dim _getData as new getData, and at the end of page load I have a Finally _getData.dispose.  In the dispose module, I close the database connection. In the getData class, I have a function which returns a dataReader. Of course, when I create a new data reader, I create a new connection. When I need the data reader from page, I have the code dr = _getData.getDataReader, ...

Close the Database Connection
Hi, I want a DB connection to remain open as long as my application is running, and close when my application exits. Is there any OnExit event that I can call anywhere and have the connection close in there ? Thanks, -Apurva. Application_OnEnd Application_OnEnd is raised only once during an application's lifetime, on the last instance of HttpApplication that is torn down. Use Application_OnEnd only to clean up states or resources shared by all pipeline instances, such as the use of the ApplicationState object, or in your case, database resources. You'll want to add this call...

How to close database connection
HI guys, I have the following code that instantiates my data layer and connect to the database. I then retun the DataSet back to the codebehind. When/Where do I close the database connection? If I close the connection on the datalayer my codebehind gives me 'connection is closed' errors. So.. where do I close the connection? THanks! --- users.aspx.vb --- Dim allUsers As New XYZ.adminDim userDataTable As New DataSetuserDataTable = allUsers.GetUsers() do what i need to with userDataTableblahblah --- admin.vb --- Public Function GetUsers() As DataSet''Create a connection to the datab...

How to close a connection to the database
Is there any way to close a connection to the database server with Jconnect? I'm opening a connection from an application run through a cgi script on the web. It seems that if there is some kind of problem at runtime, the connections are kept open on the server. In the documentation, I haven't found any instruction to do this. Thanks Guibert Englebienne Are you calling _con.close(); You can call this to disconnect. Make sure if you are doing the connect as part of the same try block as the query, you disconnect in a finally block. Here's another thing...

Connection to Database Lost
I just changed my SQL Server 2005 DB connection password, and tested it with management studio express, and it worked. Then I changed the password in the connection string in my web.config file, then transfered it to my server. Then lost connection to my website. What am I missing? I know I missed a stem, please help. Do an iisreset in the server and then test your application.It might help Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::: Thanks, I got it. I forgot that I had a second copy of my web.config...

closing all database connections
Hi, I'm using a SQL database for my project in c#. At the moment I'm building a page where you can backup the database. But I always get the error that the database is in use when I test it online (some people already use the project). Is there any way to close ALL connections and not only mine. At the moment this I have:   string connectionStringName = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["connectionStringName"]; Database _db = PIHBE.Data.Common.Database.GetInstance(connectionStringName); _db.Close(); _db.Dispose(); _db.ClearAllPools(); int iVersion = GetVersion(sPath, sDa...

Lost database connection
This has more than likely been asked a hundred times already, but how do i check to see if at database connection is lost? I tried user the function dbhandle but it returns a valid value even after i lost the connection. thanks The most reliable way is to communicate with the database. depending on your database (SQL Server or ASE as an example) you could right a function in your transaction object that looks like this: Boolean of_IsDBConnected() { IF THIS.DBHandle() = 0 THEN RETURN FALSE END IF EXECUTE IMMEDIATE "SELECT 1" USING THIS; IF THIS.SQLCod...

Database connection does not close?!?
Okay. I think I have tolerated this long enough. At first it was just a little annoyance, now it completely ticks me off and is taking up too much of my time. Whenever I use a OledbDataReader on a page, it locks up my MS Access Database with a .lbd file. I use a DataHandler vb page for calling my function for using the datareader. Here is the function within my DataHandler: Public Shared Function GetDataReader(ByVal strSQL As String, ByVal strConn As String) As OleDbDataReader Dim dr As OleDbDataReader Dim cmd As New OleDbCommand With cmd .Connection = New OleDbConnection(strConn) .C...

When should I close the database connection
It is said I should close the db connection as soon as possible, but i want to learn the details! thanksWork hard! Play hard! I do not know what details you are looking for. You open late and close early so that the connection can be returned to the connection pool and used by another request.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Web resources about - database connection lost -> fdquerys closed - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...