Array of variant parameter to datasnap server

How can I pass an array of variant do a datasnap server (FireDac) input parameter?
The server procedure will return a dataset and 1 input parameter is the sql statetment and the other I want to pass the sql params values.
I thought of doing this with a array of variant.
How can I do this ?
Carlos

shortcut for updating a datasnap server connection parameters etc. when server procedure parameters or other has changed
Without a shortcut to update the parameters towards the built in procedures in the database server, updating the parameters are quite tedious. Is there a shortcut to do that which I have overseen? Making the database connection in false status and log in again do not sync towards the database :-) I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do? What components are you working with? Which Delphi version? Is it a REST server or a regular datasnap server? What do you mean by connection parameters? I would assume that by connection parameters is meant the hostname and port of...

Executing DataSnap server methods using FireDAC
Hi, I am using FireDAC to connect my client application to a DataSnap Server and I am using TFDStoredProc to execute server methods. This works fine. I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc? Thanks in advance. > I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc? TFDStoredProc does not support TStream a...

Array parameter over DataSnap ServerMethods??? [Edit]
My ServerMethods on the DataSnap Server look like this... {code} function TServerMethods.CreateMasterDetailProvider(AMasterSql: string; ADetailSql: array of string): string; begin //Doing something end {code} How to call this server mdethod from the DataSnap client??? {code} with SqlServerMethod1 do begin if Active then Close; ServerMethodName := 'TServerMethods1.CreateMasterDetailProvider'; Params[0].AsString := 'select * from department'; //Params[1] <- is it possible??? what to do??? ExecuteMethod; end; {code} Thanks Kongtha...

Passing a Variant array as a formal parameter
I am trying to pass an array of variables of different types to a procedure and return with values for these variables. I have struggled with PVariantArray, VariantArrays, ... and have spent enough time spinning my wheels to understand that I don't understand. I think it is clear that I will need to work with pointers for this. Can someone tell me how to do what I want? Thank you. Robert Berry wrote: > I am trying to pass an array of variables of different types to a > procedure and return with values for these variables. I have > struggled with PVariantArray, VariantA...

Delphi 2009 Datasnap server and client
Hello, I am trying develop Datasnap server and client. I have a type TStringArray = array of string;. I used this type in one of server method. When I am trying to Generate Datasnap Client classes it says 'Remote error:Unknow data type: TStringArray'. How can I register this data type? -- Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan Hello, Isn't there anyone to answer my question? Also I am getting same error if I use TStrings or TWideStringArray. Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan "Md. Shariful Alam Khan" <murad_mouri@yahoo.com> wrote in messag...

Delphi 2010 WebService Array Parameter
Hi, I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object (Custom structure) with D2010. When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But when I try to consumed the WS from a MS_C#.net-Client I get errors telling me the xml structure is incorrect. Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers, Eduardo Hi Eduardo, > I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object (Custom > structure) with D2010. So do I ;-) > When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But > when I try to...

Datasnap (Delphi 2009) server in a Service
Is it possible ? Is it easy ? Where I put the the three magic components ? Thanks. On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:09:51 -0700, Christopher Burke wrote: > Is it possible ? Yes > Where I put the the three magic components ? http://dn.codegear.com/article/38587 http://blogs.codegear.com/andreanolanusse/2008/07/21/tiburon-more-about-datasnap/ http://dn.codegear.com/article/38686 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 21:09:51 -0700, Christopher Burke wrote: > >> Is it possible ? > Yes >...

FireDAC as DataSnap Server with Firebird Database XE5
Hi, I use Firebird Database with Firedac as Server for DataSnap and I don't see my alias on client side. For example, a query like this don't provide me the TEST Field. SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME!!' '!!MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU With dbexpress, it works well. Somebody notice this ? Hello Hugues > SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME!!' '!!MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU 1) What "!!" means there ? 2) Still if the SQL syntax is correct, then you should set ResourceOptions.MacroCreate and MacroExpand to False: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/R...

Delphi 2010 DataSnap with multiple server modules
Hi, We're going to upgrade the multi-tier project from Delphi 2007 to 2010 using DataSnap. That is, we will convert the Remote Data modules to DataSnap server modules. Previously (in D2007) we shared one ADO connection between the remote data modules, I've managed to share the ADO connection between the DataSnap server modules. It (APP Server) "seems" work fine, however, some colleague mentioned that ADO is not thread safe. If that's the case, is there any easy way to verify the issue? BTW, to keep the minimal changes to the existing remote data modules, we h...

ShineOn.RTL
Hi, I have a problem compiling some code. Here is an example of my problem. Delcare a function that has an Array of Variant as a parameter: procedure Function01(InArray: Array of Variant); begin MessageBox.Show(IntToStr(High(InArray))); end; then try using this function somewhere with a TDateTime value in the array: Function01([Now]); try to compile and you get this error: (PE19) There is no overloaded method "Function01" with these parameters A workaround I have found is that you can cast TDateTime as DateTime and it seems to work. (like Function01([DateTime...

Datasnap
Hi All, Database: Firebird 1.5 Server: TADConnection -> TADQuery -> TDatasetProvider Client: SQLConnection -> TDSProviderConnection -> TClientDataset I get "Remote Error: Access violation" when executing ApplyUpdates(-1), but I don't get error on my development Notebook. When I trace on server the error raise between BeforeApply and AfterApply. Any suggestion welcome. Thanks Jay Hello Jayanto This information is not sufficient. Could you provide the call stack of the place where exception is raised ? -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev ...

Arrays, Arrays, Arrays
I mainly come from a JScript classic ASP background and I'm liking both C#.net and JScript.net. Now I have to say... "What's happened to arrays?" They used to be so flexible and easy to use. Here are my quick questions... Am I allowed to create an array with a non specified length so that I can add to it? If not then how can I modify an array's length? Can I create an array with a named index eg myArray["apple"] = "tasty"; or is the hash table the equivalent for this now? The classic array methods and properties like pop(), push(), length etc... are ...

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Updating data back to datasnap server with FireDac TFDStoredProcedure
I am currently using Delphi XE5 and FireDac to try and create a test app for Datasnap client. I use a standard TFDQuery on the server side to retrieve the data and send the dataset back to the client. On the client side I connect to the datasnap server fine using a TFDStoredProcedure. This all works perfectly, but when I try and use ApplyUpdates to write the data back I get an exception and the client crashes. The questions are: 1. can you use the ApplyUpdates method with FireDac and Datasnap? 2. If so what is the best way of getting the updates back to the datasnap server? Than...

Web resources about - Array of variant parameter to datasnap server - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Google Webmaster Tools Parameter Handling - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatives to boolean parameters