ANSI Informix database with national character loss

I have a problem with national characters in an XE5 application. The Database is an ANSI Informix database with locale settings cs_cz.cp1250. The application is working correctly on my computer and also works on some client computers. However on some computers when writing data to the database using TFDUpdateSQL the Serbian national characters are converted to English characters.  This can make the data invalid (for foreign keys).

The OS on those computers is either Win XP or Win 7 (no rule here). On every client computer Informix Client SDK 4.10 is installed and the language for non-Unicode programs is set to Serbian (Latin). My first test was to ensure that the code page for non-Unicode language is correctly set in Windows I’ve created the following test and asked my clients to run it:
{code}
var s: string;
    a: ansistring;

begin
  s:='ČĆŽŠĐ čćžšđ';
  a:=s;
  label1.caption:='Serbian letters:'+a+'.';
end;
{code}

The result on the offending computers was correct. The national characters were preserved in the Unicode-Ansi-Unicode conversion.
Here is the connection setup. In order to support both ANSI and Unicode databases and to minimize conversion between Ansi and Unicode in the application all fields are Unicode. To achieve that for an Ansi connection the ODBCAdvanced is:

{code}
ODBCAdvanced:=Format('SRVR=%s;CLOC=cs_cz.cp1250;DLOC=cs_cz.cp1250', [Server])
{code}

The following mapping rules are applied to the connection:

{code}
  FormatOptions.OwnMapRules:=false;
  FormatOptions.MapRules.Clear;
  if not PUnicode then
  begin
    FormatOptions.OwnMapRules:=true;
    FormatOptions.MapRules.Add(dtAnsiString, dtWideString);
    FormatOptions.MapRules.Add(dtMemo, dtWideMemo);
    FormatOptions.MapRules.Add(dtByteString, dtWideString);
  end;
{code}

As I wrote earlier this is working for me and have no chance to debug in order to find out where the data is altered. What should I try in order to find out why is not working on clients computers?

--
Lajos Juhasz
0

ASA and national characters with Delphi
Hello! I'm trying to upgrade my programs, but have one bug : query with national characters don't work correctly, for example: insert into osoby (id,nazwa) values(100, "wr�ci�em" ) is executed as insert into osoby (id,nazwa) values(100, "wrocilem" ) national characters are lost select and update work are also wrong. If I passing value via params, this work correctly. I haven't this problem with Anywhere 5. My configuration : NT 4 SP 5 Polish Delphi 4 ASA 6.0.3 Database with 1250POL collation ODBC with checked option "Delph...

delphi - firedac - informix
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_89499.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hi, as requested I'm attaching here the files needed for tests 1) create table using my script 2) load from test_1.unl insert into test_1 3) run my program 4) select last 4 rows in the grid and hit "del" to delete 5) do "refresh" (that will first rollback) 6) you'll see that rows got deleted also with rollback then you can che...

Creating Database Files using Firedac (Delphi XE7)
I have been able to get Firedac to display and edit the following file types in a simple app using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysSQLiteDriverLink (and others according to file type) : sdb, gdb, mdb and xls (with ODBC link and drivers). I have been able to create a SQLLite File (.sdb) from scratch and add tables using roughly: FDTable1.Connection = FDConnection1; (set in form) FDConnection1.Params.Clear; FDConnection1.Params.Add('DriverID=SQLite'); FDConnection1.Params.Add('Database='+DATABASE_FILE); FDConnection1.ResourceOptions.DefaultParamType := ptOutput; ...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC SQLite copy a table from one database to another
How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! You should use ATTACH command. For example: {code} ATTACH 'c:\secondDB.sdb' AS sec; INSERT INTO SomeTab SELECT * FROM sec.SomeTab; {code} -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect Thanks! > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a...

from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET
------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everybody, Does someone know how to easily convert a file=20 from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET? A line, for example, from: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=E2=80=A1=C3=A4es\Aquarium.zip To: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=C3=A7=C3=B5es\Aquarium.zip Thanks in advance, Josimar ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60-- ...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

How to change non-ANSI characters to simple ANSI equivalent
I have a need to identify all instances of non-ANSI characters in strings (plus other control characters and characters which will interfer with SQL operations on database records) and replace them with some simple ANSI character which still allows users to read the basic string e.g. the letter e with an accent would be replaced with the letter e and a questionmark would be replaced with an underscore. Prior to the unicode version of Delphi I would read in the string from the database and then check character by character using the following approach 1) if (ord(tStrSrc[i]) in...

Re: Database Character Columns Longer than 255 Characters
Adebolade, Microsoft stopped support for its dblib based interface, which was used for the MSS native interface from PB. In new versions of PB, the driver used for SQL 2000 is OLE DB. I don't think PB 6.5 had that driver available, so you could try ODBC. I would recommend upgrading to a newer version of PowerBuilder since PB 6.5 is no longer a supported version. Sanjiv. -----Original Message----- From: Adebolade@mtnnigeria.net [mailto:Adebolade@mtnnigeria.net] Subject: Database Character Columns Longer than 255 Characters Hi, I use Powerbuilder 6.5 with SQL Se...

National characters
Name: Mats Lundström Email: matsdotlundstromatbredbanddotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: National characters Comments: I've searched for any kind of help on "national characters in e-mail addresses", but have only got results conserning character coding within the message itself... The thing is that I have registered a web address with a national character, and of course want to use e-mail with it. Thunderbird refuses to register an e-mail account with character other then a-z, 0-9, "_", "-" a.s.o., i.e. no national... In Swede...

FireDAC / Informix
Hello All If you have experience with FireDAC / Informix and use XE5, could you please contact me at Dmitry.Arefiev@embarcadero.com. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib ...

loss of characters
Name: R J Brettell Email: rjbrettellatoneteldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: loss of characters Comments: In previous versions I could insert accented characters for French and Italian. In 2.0.0.4 this facility seems to have disappeared and the spellchecker does not necessarily pick up the missing accents. A backward step. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) ...

Informix database
I have one datawindow retrieved NOT for update on tabpage_1 and another datawindow retrieved based on search criteria for update on tabpage_2. Both of these tabpages are on tab_1 and are retrieving data from the same table. The problem is that when I retrieve the dw on tabpage_1, then click on tabpage_2 to retrieve more information on the same records, the rows are not found. I have tried to reset the first datawindow upon changing to tabpage_2, but this was unsuccessful. I have also reset and re-retrieved the first datawindow to be blank as to free up these records. Still no lu...

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

Web resources about - ANSI Informix database with national character loss - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

List of Killzone characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cpl. Dante Garza is a loyal, optimistic and likable character- an effective team player. A close companion of Sev, the pair have served together ...

"I would like to be with Senator Cruz for a moment and I would like to respectfully ask him, since he ...
"I would like to know why he doesn’t quote my favorite line?... After the princess flies out the window and falls into Andre the Giant’s arms.... ...

The new 'Star Wars' movie adds a bunch of female characters to its male-dominated universe
... direct sequel to the beloved original trilogy. But that's not the only reason that it is a big deal: it is also adding a bunch of female characters ...

NBA Player Says His Favorite ‘Star Wars’ Character Is E.T.
NBA Player Says His Favorite ‘Star Wars’ Character Is E.T.

Watch Basically Every Famous Person Ever Reveal Their Favorite 'Star Wars' Character
Watch Basically Every Famous Person Ever Reveal Their Favorite 'Star Wars' Character

How Rajon Rondo Could Lose Over $66 Million In Lifetime Earnings Due To Poor Character Issues
The latest incident involving Rajon Rondo reminds us of how an athlete's character and likability can have a major impact on career earnings. ...

Ben Carson Spoke To Your Favorite Star Wars Character, Reince Pubis
On Tuesday, Ben Carson said he spoke to Reince Pubis. Pubis—a plump, humanoid Jedi Master with dark red hair, and an affable scholar of Jedi ...

Tech leaders sound off on Star Wars: Favorite characters, business lessons and how they’d use the Force ...
The Force is strong in the tech industry. And you don’t have to travel to Dagobah to find it. Star Wars fans can be found in nearly every corner ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Plot And Character Info Revealed
... of the Star Wars franchise is going to be released in the UK on Dec. 17 but little remains to be known about the plot and the new characters. ...

Jennifer Aniston Get Into Character On 'The Yellow Birds' Set
... Birds on Sunday (December 13) in Atlanta, Ga. The 46-year-old actress is in town filming her latest drama project. She was in full character, ...