[IB]connection rejected by remote interface

First attempt to use FireDac (with a Firebird 2.1 DB).

I've set up configuration files in FireDac Explorer, and can open these
connection definitions and see the database tables.

When creating a new Delphi project (simple form with only a
TADConnection, I get "[IB]connection rejected by remote interface" when
trying to open the ADConnection.

ADConnection:ConnectionDefName is set to the working connection value I
defined in FireDac Explorer.

I also tried running the sample ...\Samples\Getting
Started\Firebird\GettingStarted.dproj. Set the main form :

Host: LocalHost
Database : C:\DBMS\Firebird_2_1\ITIL\ITIL_1.FDB
User : SYSDBA
Password: masterkey

and got the same error when hitting the connect button.

Here's an example of a working attempt from FireDac Explorer that
doesn't work from the TADConnection (where the ConnectionDefName is set
to the working Explorer instance).

================================
Connection definition parameters
================================
Database=C:\DBMS\Firebird_2_1\ITIL\ITIL_1.FDB
User_Name=SYSDBA
Password=*****
DriverID=IB
OSAuthent=No
Protocol=TCPIP
Server=127.0.0.1
Name=ITIL_Test
================================
FireDAC info
================================
Tool = D15 Architect
FireDAC = 7.0.1 (Build 3119) Professional
Defines = AnyDAC_32;AnyDAC_Unicode;AnyDAC_DBX;
  AnyDAC_NOLOCALE_META;AnyDAC_MONITOR;
  AnyDAC_SynEdit
================================
Client info
================================
Brand = Firebird
Client version = 201039900
Client DLL name = C:\Windows\system32\fbclient.dll
================================
Session info
================================
Current catalog =
Current schema =
Server version = WI-V2.1.1.17910 Firebird 2.1
WI-V2.1.1.17910 Firebird 2.1/tcp (****)/P11
WI-V2.1.3.18185 Firebird 2.1/tcp (****)/P11

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ralph

Hello Ralph

Please provide environment report (the lines you put at bottom
of your post), which you will get:
- double click on TADConnection;
- switch to "Info" page.

I am expecting, that FireDAC at design-time founds and uses
Interbase gds32.dll instead of fbclient.dll. If that is right, then
try to do one of the following:
- remove / renamed gds32.dll, if you do not plan to connect
to Interbase;
- put into FireDAC\DB\ADDrivers.ini:
[IB]
VendorLib=<path>\fbclient.dll

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Changed ADDrivers.ini to
[IB]
VendorLib=fbclient.dll

(Firebird Client is in C:\Windows\System32).

Connection component now works (hurrah).

BIG thanks.

I have some more questions and will post them seperatly shortly.

Cheers

Ralph

================================
Connection definition parameters
================================
Database=127.0.0.1:ITIL
ConnectionDef=ITIL_1
Database=127.0.0.1:ITIL_1
User_Name=SYSDBA
Password=*****
DriverID=IB
Name=ITIL_1
================================
FireDAC info
================================
Tool = D17 Architect
FireDAC = 7.0.1 (Build 3119) Professional
Defines = AnyDAC_32;AnyDAC_Unicode;AnyDAC_DBX;
  AnyDAC_NOLOCALE_META;AnyDAC_MONITOR
================================
Client info
================================
Brand = Interbase
Client version = 1100009900
Client DLL name =
C:\Users\Public\Documents\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE3\win32_togo\ibtog
o.dll
================================
Session info
================================
Failed to connect to DBMS !
[FireDAC][Phys][IB]connection rejected by remote interface

El 02/03/13 07:27, Dmitry Arefiev escribió:
> - put into FireDAC\DB\ADDrivers.ini:
> [IB]
> VendorLib=<path>\fbclient.dll

And how can we configure FireDac to use Fb instead of Ib in runtime ?

Adding this line to TADConnection.Params does not work (in IDE at least).

--
Jose Luis Rocha [OfiPro]
0
> Adding this line to TADConnection.Params does not work (in IDE at least).

Set TADPhysIBDriverLink.VendorLib to a client library
path before first connection.

Because there sometimes may be hard to guarantee the
right order of the data modules loading, better at design
time to setup ADDrivers.ini.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
3/5/2013 3:40:36 PM
El 05/03/13 16:40, Dmitry Arefiev escribió:
> Set TADPhysIBDriverLink.VendorLib to a client library
> path before first connection.

In a WebBroker server I put the TADConnection component in the
webmodule, in order to instantiate an independent connection object for
each call received by the server.

But what about the TADPhysIBDriverLink component?. Must be only one
instance of it in the webbroker server ?.

--
Jose Luis Rocha [OfiPro]
0
> But what about the TADPhysIBDriverLink component?
> Must be only one instance of it in the webbroker server ?.

Better to have a single instance.

If you does not plan to use a virtual driver or specify
the VendorLib / VendorHome properties, then you can
just include uADPhysIB unit into your "uses" clause.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry

[FireDAC][Phys][IB]connection rejected by remote interface
My application works find in debug mode. However, when I run the exe, the 'FDConnection1.Open' line throws this: [FireDAC][Phys][IB]connection rejected by remote interface Here is my code: FDConnection1.Close ; FDPhysIBDriverLink1.VendorLib := 'C:\Windows\system32\gds32.dll'; FDPhysIBDriverLink1.Release; FDConnection1.Open ; FDQuery1.Close ; FDQuery1.Open(); FDQuery1.FetchAll ; Here is my Connection Info: ================================ Connection definition parameters ================================ User_Name=SYSDBA Password=***** Databa...

Unable to connect to remote host using remote debugger in Delphi XE

IB Remote Connection
I have an Interbase 2007 database When i try to connect server machine, i'm getting below error message. Could someone please help me. Terminal machine has WIN 7 and Interbase Client. Server Machine has WIN 8 and Interbase Client&Server I made a map drive for server machine's C Server MAP drive = :X In Terminal computer Server machine seems c(\\IZserv) (x:) In my program i have an INI file which shows database path to my Delphi App. I wrote below path into the INI file [Database] Path=X:\MyApp\Data\MyDb.IB but i get, I/O error for file X:\MyApp\D...

SQL Remote Connection not being seen, though remote connections allowed
HiI'm going insane.I have a club starter kit on my local server which is working fine.I have migrated the database to my remote host and seems to have transfered ok.For a brief period I was able to connect to the database remotely, but now I cannot I get the following, even though SQL Server Surface Area Config is set to accept remote connections.An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Pr...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

How to do ssh connection from client-to-remote machine1-to-remote machine2-to-remote machine3 and execute command on remote machine3
--f46d04428d2c35d56d04c801452a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi All, I am working on an automation scenario, where the steps mentioned below are to be performed; 1. Script has to run on client machine. 2. Using the Perl script on client machine, we need to login to remote machine-1 using ssh protocol. 3. From remote machine-1, the script should login to other remote machine-2 using ssh protocol. 4. From remote machine-2, the script should login to other remote machine-3 using ssh protocol and execute a command, collect the output. Here limitations is we...

unable to connect remote connection
Server Error in '/Dive' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows: <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" /&...

Remote interface/Home interface
What is the difference between home interface versus remote interface of a Jaguar component? -- Throstur Jonsson CTO ICU Inc., Storm Software Soltun 3, P.O. Box 5439 125 Reykjavik, Iceland Phone: +354 561 9300 Telefax: +354 561 9301 email: tj@info.is ICQ ID 33921705 WWW: http://www.info.is/ Hello Throstur, This is taken from the Online documentation at http://www.javasoft.com "An Enterprise Bean's home interface defines the methods that allow a client to create, find, and remove EJB objects" "An Enterprise Bean's remote interface defines th...

Dream Weaver 8 Connection Strings for ASP and ASP.NET to connect remote MS Access Database on remote web server
  HiIm using Dream Weaver 8 to create a set of ASP and ASPX websites im editing them locally and testing them locally using IIS Personal Web Server. My problem is how to transfer them on to a remote webserver and make the pages connect to a remote database for asp,aspx as they work fine Locally ?Does anyone know how to create Dreamweaver connection strings for both ASP and ASP.NET pages for database that has the following directory path on the remote webserver Domain = asianwedding.somee.comDatabase path = **************************/db1.mdbIve been searching on the web and using the Se...

Basic setup for remote/virtual server with FireDAC/Delphi etc.
Hi,I waswondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with some advice. In the past I have produced an application with Delphi 2007, IB Objects and Firebird 2.0 with Dev Express grids which worked really well. I now want to produce a completely new version taking advantage if possible of a hosted (cloud based) server. My idea is rent a windows 2008 R2 server off Hetzner, install Firebird 2.5 on it with my large databases. I should point out all my databases are used read only no editing. I would then like to produce a new windows app (and ios/android app later on) with my new XE4 a...

Delphi XE5
Hi Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Barry Wood wrote: > Hi > Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Data Explorer supp...

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

Connect to remote server and connection string
 Hi frndsi develop application in which i have to connect to remote machine on the same lan.I have three Computer on Lan iin which main PC has static Ip an othre are connected through it I m deploying my application on main machin and want to access  sql server data base from other PC on the same LAN can any one tell me what are the setting i have to do and also what connection string i have to write plz guid me Thanks in advance and i will not forget to make mark ans to solution         Hi,http://www.connectionstrings.com/Connection string...

How to connect to db through DIR Direct Connect Interface?
I want to connect to db through "DIR Direct Connect Interface",but the system reports: Stored procedure 'sp_sqlgetinfo' not found.Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists(sp_help may produce lots of output). Database Connection Syntax: // Profile Dir SQLCA.DBMS = "DIR Direct Connect Interface" SQLCA.Database = "testdb" SQLCA.ServerName = "myserver" SQLCA.LogId = "myid" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "" What's that mean?And what shall I do? Any idea will be ...

Web resources about - [IB]connection rejected by remote interface - embarcadero.delphi.firedac