ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009

I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20
files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as
its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software.

I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite
some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that
uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough?

i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but
leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?

Thanks,
Jason.

--
Jason Sweby
Software Development Manager,

The Delphi Disciple. http://delphidisciple.blogspot.com
0
Jason
6/24/2009 10:59:48 AM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jason Sweby wrote:

> I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses
> about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project
> has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with
> the software.
>
> I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM
> quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in
> DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new
> borlndmm.dll be enough?
>
> i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs,
> but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason.

I think you should try to ask this question in "e.p.d.l.delphi.win32"
or in "e.p.delphi.rtl", that's wher the guru's are.

Tiedo
Tiedo
7/16/2009 1:22:19 PM
> I think you should try to ask this question in "e.p.d.l.delphi.win32"
> or in "e.p.delphi.rtl", that's wher the guru's are.
>
> Tiedo

Thanks Tiedo.

Jason.
0