ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009

I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20
files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as
its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software.

I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite
some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that
uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough?

i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but
leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?

Thanks,
Jason.

--
Jason Sweby
Software Development Manager,

The Delphi Disciple. http://delphidisciple.blogspot.com
0
Jason
6/24/2009 10:59:48 AM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jason Sweby wrote:

> I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses
> about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project
> has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with
> the software.
>
> I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM
> quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in
> DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new
> borlndmm.dll be enough?
>
> i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs,
> but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason.

I think you should try to ask this question in "e.p.d.l.delphi.win32"
or in "e.p.delphi.rtl", that's wher the guru's are.

Tiedo
Tiedo
7/16/2009 1:22:19 PM
> I think you should try to ask this question in "e.p.d.l.delphi.win32"
> or in "e.p.delphi.rtl", that's wher the guru's are.
>
> Tiedo

Thanks Tiedo.

Jason.
0
Jason

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

is there a Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Web resources about - ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.deployment