How to run Delphi Application as Administrator in Windows 7? [Edit]

My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say.
I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files.
So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file.
what should i do?

Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM
0
chen
9/8/2010 5:28:31 AM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=chen yaopan wrote:}{quote}
> My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say.
> I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files.
> So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file.
> what should i do?
>
> Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM

Step 1: Create XML file with following content:

 <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0]
  <assemblyIdentity version="1.1.1.1"
   processorArchitecture="X86"
   name="YourApplicationExeName"
   type="win32"/>
  <description>elevate execution level</description>
  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2]
  <security>
   <requestedPrivileges>
    <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"/>
   </requestedPrivileges>
  </security>
  </trustInfo>
 </assembly>

Name this XML file as YourApplicationName.manifest

+Remember to change name="YourApplicationExeName" in the XML to reflect your exe's name ans well as the name of the .manifest file+

Step2:

Create a text file with following content:

1 24 "YourApplicationName.manifest"

Name this text file as RequestAdmin.RC
using the command line execute following command:

Step 3: Open a Command Prompt Window and cd to the directory where the files are stored.

Run the command:

brcc32 RequestAdmin.RC -foRequestAdmin.RES

This will create a new resource file called RequestAdmin.RES

Make sure the .manifest, .rc and ,res files are in the same folder as your projects .dpr file.

Step 4: Include this resource file into the DPR of you application:

{$R 'RequestAdmin.RES' 'RequestAdmin.RC'}

Finally build your application - it is now ready to get admin rights on Windows Vista.
0
Nigel
9/24/2010 11:08:44 PM
> {quote:title=chen yaopan wrote:}{quote}
> My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say.
> I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files.
> So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file.
> what should i do?
>
> Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM

Hello

I same you in language english ....

I tried this from 2 months But to no avail ...

always delphi 2010 show to me this error

"[DCC Warning] W1056 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 24 (user-defined), ID 1; File C:\Users\Abutayeh\Desktop\Admin\RequestAdmin.RES resource kept; file C:\Users\Abutayeh\Desktop\Admin\Kaxmav.res resource discarded."
I tired of manifest

thanks
Abutayeh
9/25/2010 9:12:00 AM
> {quote:title=Abutayeh Al-hoity wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=chen yaopan wrote:}{quote}
> > My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say.
> > I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files.
> > So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file.
> > what should i do?
> >
> > Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM
>
> Hello
>
> I same you in language english ....
>
> I tried this from 2 months But to no avail ...
>
> always delphi 2010 show to me this error
>
> "[DCC Warning] W1056 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 24 (user-defined), ID 1; File C:\Users\Abutayeh\Desktop\Admin\RequestAdmin.RES resource kept; file C:\Users\Abutayeh\Desktop\Admin\Kaxmav.res resource discarded."
> I tired of manifest

You will have to uncheck Enable runtime themes in Project Options,
because it adds a manifest of its own, and use slightly different manifest that
also includes themes support.

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

  <assemblyIdentity
  	type="win32"
    name="DelphiApplication"
    version="1.0.0.0"
  	processorArchitecture="*"/>
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity
        type="win32"
        name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
        version="6.0.0.0"
        publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
        language="*"
        processorArchitecture="*"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
    <security>
      <requestedPrivileges>
        <requestedExecutionLevel
          level="requireAdministrator"
          uiAccess="false"/>
        </requestedPrivileges>
       </security>
  </trustInfo>

</assembly>

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
9/25/2010 9:30:50 AM
<Abutayeh Al-hoity> wrote in message news:289561@forums.embarcadero.com...

> always delphi 2010 show to me this error
>
> "[DCC Warning] W1056 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 24 (user-defined),
> ID 1; File C:\Users\Abutayeh\Desktop\Admin\RequestAdmin.RES resource kept;
> file C:\Users\Abutayeh\Desktop\Admin\Kaxmav.res resource discarded."

You cannot assign the same resource ID to multiple resources.  If you want
to provide your own manifest resource, then you need to disable the "Use
runtime themes" option in the Project Options first.

> I tired of manifest

Tired or not, Windows still requires them, you are best off learning how to
work with them correctly.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
<Dalija Prasnikar> wrote in message news:289565@forums.embarcadero.com...

> You will have to uncheck Enable runtime themes in Project
> Options, because it adds a manifest of its own, and use slightly
> different manifest that also includes themes support.

Personally, I would love to see the default resource eliminated and a new
Manifest Editor added to the IDE.  Then users can safely and correctly
provide their own per-project manifests.  The default manifest simply does
not support everything that manifests can do anymore.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi 2009 application does not show hints in windows 7!!! [Edit]
Shows some times, and sometimes not :) Please remove this thread. Edited by: Ruslan Dragunov on Dec 6, 2009 3:10 PM Strange things. ...

Delphi 7 TFontDialog and Windows 7 [Edit]
When using the TFontDialog on a Windows 7 box, it will not list the device fonts (printer fonts). If I launch M$ Word on that same machine, Word will list them fine. This works fine on an XP box. Any ideas? Edited by: Tim Muenstermann on Apr 29, 2010 9:05 AM > {quote:title=Tim Muenstermann wrote:}{quote} > When using the TFontDialog on a Windows 7 box, it will not list the device fonts (printer fonts). If I launch M$ Word on that same machine, Word will list them fine. > What Word does (BTW, M$ went out about a decade ago) makes absolutely no difference. Office ...

Force Delphi 2010 app to run as administrator on Vista / Windows 7
How can I set up my Delphi 2010 app so that it will always request administrator privilege on Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008? <Stephen Boyd> wrote in message news:253606@forums.embarcadero.com... > How can I set up my Delphi 2010 app so that it will always request > administrator privilege on Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008? There are a couple of things you can do. You can include an XP manifest in your executable that will force the program to always request admin privileges when running under Vista/Win7. You can also configure the app on the workstation by ri...

Delphi XE6 - Deployment of a FMX application for Windows
Hello, can somebody please tell me the exact specifications/requirements for deploying a FMX application for Windows 7/8.1? I noticed that some of my prototype applications are behaving very odd when I execute them on a different machine other than my development computer. Mainly the main problem seems to be that the onpaint event for my components aren't triggered correctly. On my development computer (windows 8.1) everything is fine on all five others (windows 8.1) I tried not. Is there a specific open gl library or other runtime I have to deploy? Thanks See attachments her...

Delphi 7 won't start up anymore on Windows 7 (except in Windows safe mode) [Edit]
I'm using Delphi 7 PE under Windows 7 Home Edition. Since four days Delphi will not start anymore. When I start, I see an entry "delph32.exe" in the Windows Task Manager (process tab, not application tab) but this will disappear sillently after some seconds. No error or warning message is given. I tried several things already, after searching the internet for a solution: - start delphi in comptability mode - start delphi as administrator - give full right on the installation directory of delphi - disable UAC - restore windows to the previous restore point None of these helped. I've even tried to reinstall Delphi, but i get the same problem with the install.exe from the distribution disk. Only when I start Windows in safe mode Delphi will run! But since I have only limited functionality available in safe mode, I can hardly test my application. Hope someone can help me, please. Robert Edited by: robert mittend on Sep 28, 2013 1:48 AM robert mittend schrieb: > None of these helped. I've even tried to reinstall Delphi, but i get > the same problem with the install.exe from the distribution disk. Most probably a virus or anti-virus issue. Disable or remove your AV software and try again. DoDi Nope, i turned off both anti virus and firewall but no luck. Still same behavior. Life is no fun without Delphi:( > Most probably a virus or anti-virus issue. Disable or remove your AV > software and try agai...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > > Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products? What does the license agreement say? (I don't think I've ever seen a license agreement that has amnesty clauses written into it.) Why do you think you violated the license? Were you caught? Do you WANT to be caught? Do you WANT to be sued? Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance Am 29.12.2011 19:22, schrieb Ivan Ivanov: > Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in adv...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Lock Time Out
A D7 BDE/Paradox application that has been problem free on a W2k platform has started throwing "Lock time out" errors having been moved to a Windows 7 platform. Multiple instances of a front end application run on workstations in a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain, with the database hosted on a shared folder on the server. The applications run OK interactively and only appear to raise the "Lock time out" error if left unattended overnight when all instances apepar to hit the same problem at some point. "Lock time out" is clearly a prevalent problem judging ...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7
win7 also have language problems. I used to fix the code below. But it did not work. I tried to indicate in the images. Thanks for your help. // initialization SetThreadLocale(LANG_TURKISH); GetFormatSettings; // [url=www.resimupload.com/ds144165673_screenhunter_01may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r3/thumb_144165673.jpg[/url] [url=www.resimupload.com/ds116050513_screenhunter_02may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r7/thumb_116050513.jpg[/url] [url=www.resimupload.com/ds501028062_screenhunter_03may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r8/thumb_501028062.jpg[/url] ...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7
win7 also have language problems. I used to fix the code below. But it did not work. I tried to indicate in the images. Thanks for your help. // initialization SetThreadLocale(LANG_TURKISH); GetFormatSettings; // http://www.resimupload.com/ds144165673_screenhunter_01may.html http://www.resimupload.com/ds116050513_screenhunter_02may.html http://www.resimupload.com/ds501028062_screenhunter_03may.html Edited by: Mesut Yaz�l�m User on May 14, 2010 3:26 AM I suspect the TDateTimePicker component was initialized before the launch of the code overriding the current date ant time. U...

Delphi 7 won't run on Windows 7
I am building a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded the enterprise update to D7 that is susposed to run on WIndows 7. It seemed to install ok but when I start the program I get 2 errors - the first says that D7 is not compatible with Windows 7, I ignore that and then I get an error saying it can't rename delphi32.$$$ to delphi32.dro. What gives here? "Robert J. Reiley" wrote on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:48:34 -0800: > I am building a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded the enterprise update to D7 that is susposed to run on WIndows 7. It seemed to install ok but when I start the program I get 2 errors - the first says that D7 is not compatible with Windows 7, I ignore that and then I get an error saying it can't rename delphi32.$$$ to delphi32.dro. What gives here? I don't have an answer to your last question, but one possible solution is to use the Windows XP Mode on Windows 7, which avoids all of the compatibility issues with obsolete software. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/ IMO, a better solution is probably to upgrade to D2010, which works fine with Windows 7. YMMV. -- Better Web Sites Sell More Software: http://www.vexelfire.com Brandon Staggs StudyLamp Software LLC http://www.studylamp.com Robert J. Reiley wrote: > I am building a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded the enterprise > update to D7 that is susposed to run on WIndows 7. It seemed to install ok > but when I st...

Delphi Program Running Under Windows 8 vs. Windows 7
If a program, created with D2007, runs fine under Windows 7, it should run under Windows 8, correct? It's basically the same Intel architecture, right? The program created with D2007 does nothing fancy - I'm no professional programmer. Installation may be slightly different - i.e., the installation program may need some modifying I assume, to install under Windows 8. I don't have Windows 8 right now, I'm just trying to gather some information for a client. Thanks Your program won't run only on Windows RT (ARM version of windows). On all other versions your program should run without problems. Probably even installer won't need any modifications. "Robert Lincoln" wrote on Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:42:09 -0800: > If a program, created with D2007, runs fine under Windows 7, it should > run under Windows 8, correct? It's basically the same Intel > architecture, right? Obviously identical processor architecture is no guarantee of OS compatibility. There are always differences between Windows releases. Even when MS fixes a bug in Windows it can break code that relies on undocumented buggy behavior. Generally, though, if it runs on Windows 7 it will run on Windows 8. (But not Windows RT.) I have had to make very minor modifications to one of my projects that uses IE windows -- but that is more of an issue with IE than Windows versions. -- Brandon Staggs StudyLamp Software LLC http://w...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Hi, I'm migrating a Delphi7 application to Delphi XE. I'm using a TClientDataSet to communicate, by using a XML frame, with my server. In this TClientDataSet I'm using a TBlobField which is an array of 384 byte. The blobField is allocate by a code like this : {code} myStream : TStream; myStream := aClientDataSet.CreateBlobStream(myBlobField, bmwrite); vResult := myStream.Write(ArrayOf384Byte[0], length(ArrayOf384Byte)); //vResult = 384 => GooD ! (...) {code} For communicate with the server, we have to decode the Blobfield in XML before to sending it. We have override the ApplyUpdate. In the new applyupdate, we are converting NewValue in base64 by a code like this : {code} aXmlString := StringToBase64(myBlobField.NewValue) {code} The problem is than in Delphi 7 the length of NewValue was correct (384), but in DXE this length is random (between 50 and 250 ??) (it's as if a character was an end of string) => There is data loss, so the XML string is bad and my server is crashing. I don't understand what happened between writing in the BlobField and reading the BlobField's property "newValue"??? Why the value was correct in Delphi 7 and bad in XE? What was changed in the ClientDataSet mechanism? Is it a problem of unicode migration? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gwen Edited by: Gwénaël Manceau on Oct 20, 2011 9:46 AM I solved my problem by using {code} aXmlString := Stri...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): Border.BorderPositions = [] *Border.Color = clBlack* Border.Style = psSolid - Second form (where "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" occurs): Color = clBtnFace *Font.Charset = EASTEUROPE_CHARSET* Font.Color = clNavy If the form containing those components is closed and opened again (or if the application is restarted), the problem does not reproduce. Also, on 32-bit Windows (e.g. XP) the problem does not show at all. Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of those errors? Maybe any suggestion on what to check to find out the root cause of the problem? Thanks in advance jure wrote: > I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some > machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays > errors such as: > > "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property val...

Running Delphi 5 on windows 7
Hi all, I am very knew to delphi and I'm only using it for a university project, hence the use of the old version. The problem I'm having is after installing the software and trying to build a new package I get the following error message - unable to rename 'C:\Program files(x86)\borland\delphi5\bin\delphi32.$$$' to 'C:\Program files(x86)\borland\delphi5\bin\delphi32.dro' once this error message appears my only option is ok and once I click ok nothing appears so I can't even create a new project. Does anyone know what might cause this or even better, ho...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Windows 7 ... Delphi 7
The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! Me too, from what I've heard so far. They are releasing it as a public beta tommorrow (the first 2.5 million in line only): Windows 7 page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ Information on Downloading and Installing Windows 7 Beta http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/07/information-on-downloading-and-installing-windows-7-beta.aspx How to Get in on th...

Does Delphi 2006 install and run on Windows 7?
I use Delphi 2006, and am thinking of getting a new HP notebook. (I bought Dephi 2009, but don't use it, since my apps don't compile/run as the strings are all screwed up, with the move to 2 byte UTF16 strings) Does Delphi 2006 install and run OK on Windows 7? It looks likey they are pre-installng 64 bit Windows 7 on most of their PC's. I'm assuming that 64-bit Windows 7 won't work with Delphi 2006, and I'll need to install 32 bit Windows 7 - is that correct? It will probably work for the mere fact that 32 bit applications work on 64 bit OS's. However, it ...

Running Delphi program on Windows 8 [Edit]
OK, Got it working. Delphi 2010 compiles just fine for Windows 8. Edited by: Jeffrey Ottery on Aug 30, 2013 12:10 AM ...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that ship with Delphi 7? TIA, EM ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2
Hi, Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? Thanks, Alain On 03/02/2012 08:55, Alain Dekker wrote: > Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in > London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. > > Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the > UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being > more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 > bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from > Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? I recently upgraded a sizeable (Paradox) app from D3 to XE2 and was pleasantly surprised. About 20-30 hours once I understood how XE2 works. Andrew -- Andrew Gabb email: agabb@tpgi.com.au Adelaide, South Australia phone: +61 8 8342-1021 ----- Recently moved a lexicographic application from D2007 to XE2 with little pain. As you would imagine, it is heavily string-based, with much use of TStringLists, cuttin...

Web resources about - How to run Delphi Application as Administrator in Windows 7? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.deployment

List of Administrators and Deputy Administrators of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Administrator and Deputy Administrator of NASA are the highest-ranked officials of NASA , the space agency of the United States . The Administrator ...

Queensland Nickel administrators face huge task
&#8203;Administrators of Clive Palmer's troubled nickel business are facing a large and complicated task to determine whether its north Queensland ...

Clive Palmer staves off Yabulu nickel refinery closure by removing administrator
The likely closure of Clive Palmer Yabulu nickel refinery in northern Queensland has been forestalled with the raising of $23 million whcih has ...

Clive Palmer's nephew in sights of Queensland Nickel administrators
Clive Palmer's nephew and confidante, Clive Mensink, and his assets have become the focus of administrators.

Dick Smith appoints McGrath Nicol as administrator
Dick Smith has gone into voluntary administration, with receivers appointed to try to claw back debt owed to the company's creditors.

Auburn Council administrator reverses decisions set to benefit Salim Mehajer
The administrator of Auburn Council in Sydney's west scraps two major developments that were set to benefit suspended deputy mayor Salim Mehajer. ...

Stat Of The Week: Administrators Up, Profs Down
While the typical law school has lost about five full-time faculty members over the last four years, it has gained a teaching administrator or ...

Clive Palmer's nephew in sights of Queensland Nickel administrators
Clive Palmer's nephew and confidante, Clive Mensink, and his assets have become the focus of administrators.

Silk Road administrator sentenced, corrupt agent rearrested
A Utah man whose faked murder helped authorities bring down an underground, online drug marketplace was sentenced Friday in U.S. District Court ...

REPORT: £1.8 billion tech company Powa is lining up administrators after running out of cash
Powa Technologies, the struggling technology company once valued at £1.8 billion ($2.7 billion), is reportedly lining up Deloitte as administrators ...