how to dynamically change the size of a TMemo? (Delphi) [Edit]

I need to dynamically increase the size of a TMemo. Every time we go some text for this TMemo his size should increase according to the size of the text.

Edited by: André Rafael Ciriaco on Feb 6, 2013 9:07 AM
0
Utf
2/6/2013 5:07:54 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual S...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Why does Delphi change Indy's dpk source file when I change project options [Edit]
Good day I have noticed that Delphi changes dpk source files for packages after I have changed something in that package's Project Options and in Indy's case it does it incorrectly. Why is that. For example... I open IndySystem170.dpk (Indy 10.6.0.5155) inside Delphi XE3 and get the following DPK source: {code} package IndySystem170; {$R *.res} {$IFDEF IMPLICITBUILDING This IFDEF should not be used by users} {$ALIGN 8} {$ASSERTIONS ON} {$BOOLEVAL OFF} {$DEBUGINFO ON} {$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON} {$IMPORTEDDATA ON} {$IOCHECKS ON} {$LOCALSYMBOLS ON} {$LONGSTRINGS ON} {...

Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE?
I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, but gives me an E2193 error when I try to compile it with Delphi XE Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE? {code} var i : Integer ; R : Double ; dArray : Array[0..24] of Double ; begin .... R := Math.Mean( System.Slice( dArray , i ) ); .... end; {code} Thanks On 30/09/2010 6:07 PM, Wayne Davis wrote: > I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, > but gives me an E2193 error...

ShowMessage/MessagDlg wordwrap Delphi 2006
Hi, I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. Now with Delphi XE I notice that a migrated program shows smaller message window sizes and a previously carefully aligned message now appears wrapped and misaligned. How to get back to the previous behaviour? I'm not experienced to create my custom form, so a code snippet may help. Thanks, Uli Edited by: Ulrich Brueggemann on Sep 18, 2010 8:46 AM > I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. > ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. > > Now with Delphi ...

Web resources about - how to dynamically change the size of a TMemo? (Delphi) [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.deployment