Deployment on Windows 10

I have a number of programs that currently function under Windows 8.1 and below.  The programs were compiled using Delphi 6 on a 64 bit Windows 7 Quad Core HP Computer

This past Wednesday, the 29th of July, I downloaded and installed Windows 10 on a laptop with Windows 7.  It is a 32 bit Dell Insperon  I created a dual boot operating system.
Under W7, my software functions properly.  Under W10 the program doesn't function as I receive the following error message....

'My program' Software has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

It was suggested that I turn off my anti-virus software, but the only one on the machine under W10 is Windows Defender.  I set the folder where my
program was installed as an exclusion but that didn't help.  I then turned off Windows Defender.  That didn't help.

Any suggestions?
0
Harvey
7/31/2015 9:06:44 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Harvey Arkawy wrote:}{quote}
> I have a number of programs that currently function under Windows 8.1 and below.  The programs were compiled using Delphi 6 on a 64 bit Windows 7 Quad Core HP Computer
>
> This past Wednesday, the 29th of July, I downloaded and installed Windows 10 on a laptop with Windows 7.  It is a 32 bit Dell Insperon  I created a dual boot operating system.
> Under W7, my software functions properly.  Under W10 the program doesn't function as I receive the following error message....
>
> 'My program' Software has stopped working
> Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...
>
> It was suggested that I turn off my anti-virus software, but the only one on the machine under W10 is Windows Defender.  I set the folder where my
> program was installed as an exclusion but that didn't help.  I then turned off Windows Defender.  That didn't help.
>
> Any suggestions?

Delphi 6 - 2001 ( when XP had JUST been released)
Windows 10 ... 2015

Perhaps you could install Delphi on a W10 machine and track in the debugger but seriously you should consider some upgrade of you compiler

--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"

Web resources about - Deployment on Windows 10 - embarcadero.delphi.deployment

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Rosetta: close orbits to lander deployment (annotated) - YouTube
Animation showing Rosetta’s orbit in the lead up to, during and after lander separation. The animation begins on 1 October 2014, when Rosetta ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

South China Sea: US agrees to spy plane deployment in Singapore
The United States has agreed with Singapore on a first deployment of the US P8 Poseidon spy plane in Singapore this month, in a fresh response ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...