Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'

Hi  I had a problem compiling programs with Delphi XE7.

When I tried to recreate the problem so that I can send it to third party developer for investigating.
But then after the problematic program is created, a new error appeared, different from the previous error.
 I suspected that something was wrong with Delphi XE7 as I had never seen anything like that before.

Then I decided to test a blank VCL program, saved, compiled. Error:-" [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'"

It confirmed my suspicion.

How do I solve the problem so that it can be restored and used again like before?

regards
Clement.
-1
Yap
5/19/2015 2:50:57 AM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
> Hi  I had a problem compiling programs with Delphi XE7.
>
> When I tried to recreate the problem so that I can send it to third party developer for investigating.
> But then after the problematic program is created, a new error appeared, different from the previous error.
>  I suspected that something was wrong with Delphi XE7 as I had never seen anything like that before.
>
> Then I decided to test a blank VCL program, saved, compiled. Error:-" [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'"
>
> It confirmed my suspicion.
>
> How do I solve the problem so that it can be restored and used again like before?
>
> regards
> Clement.

controls.res is in the lib\$(platform)\$(config) directory.  Getting that error
usually means that your library path is wrong and no longer pointing to the
correct library for the platform you are compiling for.

Tools | Options | Delphi Options | Library

It should have

$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)

in it.  Make sure you do not hit the delete invalid paths as that will break
your configuration.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

So where did we go wrong?

 Clement

> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
> > Hi  I had a problem compiling programs with Delphi XE7.
> >
> > When I tried to recreate the problem so that I can send it to third party developer for investigating.
> > But then after the problematic program is created, a new error appeared, different from the previous error.
> >  I suspected that something was wrong with Delphi XE7 as I had never seen anything like that before.
> >
> > Then I decided to test a blank VCL program, saved, compiled. Error:-" [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'"
> >
> > It confirmed my suspicion.
> >
> > How do I solve the problem so that it can be restored and used again like before?
> >
> > regards
> > Clement.
>
> controls.res is in the lib\$(platform)\$(config) directory.  Getting that error
> usually means that your library path is wrong and no longer pointing to the
> correct library for the platform you are compiling for.
>
> Tools | Options | Delphi Options | Library
>

> It should have
>
> $(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)
>
> in it.  Make sure you do not hit the delete invalid paths as that will break
> your configuration.
>

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)
0
Yap
5/19/2015 8:01:05 AM
Yap wrote:

> When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
> it, instead it showed in gray colour.
>
> That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.

That is fine.  $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
actually compiled.  Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
not.  Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Please see the [Picture of Delphi's library path|https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8&authuser=0] .

Please advise. Thanks
regards
Clement

> Yap wrote:
>
> > When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
> > it, instead it showed in gray colour.
> >
> > That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.
>
> That is fine.  $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
> actually compiled.  Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
> to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
> not.  Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Yap
5/20/2015 1:23:13 AM
Hi thanks. But it cannot be compiled.

Please see the [Picture of Delphi's library path|https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8&authuser=0] .

Please advise. Thanks
regards
Clement

> Yap wrote:
>
> > When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
> > it, instead it showed in gray colour.
> >
> > That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.
>
> That is fine.  $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
> actually compiled.  Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
> to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
> not.  Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Edited by: Yap Tsi Searn on May 20, 2015 9:35 AM
0
Yap
5/20/2015 1:36:36 AM
Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the  [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .

Sorry for my mistake.

 Clement

> {quote:title=Yap Tsi Searn wrote:}{quote}
> Hi thanks. But it cannot be compiled.
>
> Please see the [Picture of Delphi's library path|https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8&authuser=0] .
>

> Please advise. Thanks
> regards
> Clement
>

> > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Yap wrote:
> >
> > > When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
> > > it, instead it showed in gray colour.
> > >
> > > That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.
> >
> > That is fine.  $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
> > actually compiled.  Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
> > to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
> > not.  Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.
> >
> > --
> > Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
>
> Edited by: Yap Tsi Searn on May 20, 2015 9:35 AM

Edited by: Yap Tsi Searn on May 20, 2015 4:32 PM
0
Yap
5/20/2015 8:32:58 AM
Try launching the IDE with the option "-rtest" as explained here:

http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597
0
Borja
5/20/2015 4:34:56 PM
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
> Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the  [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .
>
> Sorry for my mistake.
>
>  Clement

Launch the IDE like

bds -r foo

This will be a clean no addon default launch of hte IDE (bds.exe is in your bin
directory).

Your paths should look like

$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include

Does your test app compile now?  If so then take the path string and in your
normal version replace the first 4 entries with the string in the default
version.  IOW everything but your MadExcept and Raize stuff.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Before I make changes to Delphi, does that mean it will not be same as before, like  Mad Except and Raize stuff?
Meaning that I will need to install custom controls again?

Sorry I am not sure what "IOW everything". I cannot think of but "In other words", isn't it?

Clement

> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
> > Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the  [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .
> >
> > Sorry for my mistake.
> >
> >  Clement
> >

> Launch the IDE like
>
> bds -r foo
>
> This will be a clean no addon default launch of hte IDE (bds.exe is in your bin
> directory).
>

> Your paths should look like
>
> $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include
>
> Does your test app compile now?  If so then take the path string and in your
> normal version replace the first 4 entries with the string in the default
> version.  IOW everything but your MadExcept and Raize stuff.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)
0
Yap
5/21/2015 1:37:08 AM
Hi Jeff. Thanks it work!
 Even the custom controls are still retained.
 Phew....

But why did it go haywire in the first place?
I am sure I did not delete library path by accident but only prioritize them only

Thanks again. Felt like I am restored again...

Clement

> {quote:title=Yap Tsi Searn wrote:}{quote}
> Hi thanks
>
> Before I make changes to Delphi, does that mean it will not be same as before, like  Mad Except and Raize stuff?
> Meaning that I will need to install custom controls again?
>
> Sorry I am not sure what "IOW everything". I cannot think of but "In other words", isn't it?
>
> Clement
>

> > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
> > > Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the  [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .
> > >
> > > Sorry for my mistake.
> > >
> > >  Clement
> > >

> > Launch the IDE like
> >
> > bds -r foo
> >
> > This will be a clean no addon default launch of hte IDE (bds.exe is in your bin
> > directory).
> >

> > Your paths should look like
> >
> > $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include
> >
> > Does your test app compile now?  If so then take the path string and in your
> > normal version replace the first 4 entries with the string in the default
> > version.  IOW everything but your MadExcept and Raize stuff.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
> >        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> > And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> > I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> > Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> > faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
> >               (Fish)
0
Yap
5/21/2015 1:55:19 AM
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
> Hi thanks
>
> Before I make changes to Delphi, does that mean it will not be same as before, like  Mad Except and Raize stuff?
> Meaning that I will need to install custom controls again?
>
> Sorry I am not sure what "IOW everything". I cannot think of but "In other words", isn't it?
>
> Clement

The  -r switch tells it to use a differently named registry hive.  If you do not
include it it goes back to using the default.  It is useful to determine if it
is a base problem with the IDE or a config/third party problem.

yes iow is shorthand for in other words.  The library path would only have the
default paths in it, but not things added like those two.  But only for the
newly named registry tree.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Web resources about - Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res' - embarcadero.delphi.deployment