Delphi XE application on Windows 8

Hi,
I am using Delphi XE to develop my application. The app runs fine on XP, Vista and Win7. When it is run on Win8, however, the user says that the app always starts up with a small form size so he has to re-size it each time before he can use it. He also says that if he runs it in XP Compatibility Mode then it starts ok with the correct form size.

I've tried setting the main form height and width in the OnActivate event but this makes no difference. It seems that the user can re-size the app but the app cannot re-size itself!

I don't have a Win8 machine yet to test this myself. Does anyone know if this is a Delphi XE issue or is it specific to Windows 8? Is there a solution?

Thanks
Kevin
0
Kevin
4/12/2013 12:57:47 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Kevin Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Delphi XE to develop my application. The app runs fine on XP, Vista and Win7. When it is run on Win8, however, the user says that the app always starts up with a small form size so he has to re-size it each time before he can use it. He also says that if he runs it in XP Compatibility Mode then it starts ok with the correct form size.
>
> I've tried setting the main form height and width in the OnActivate event but this makes no difference. It seems that the user can re-size the app but the app cannot re-size itself!
>
> I don't have a Win8 machine yet to test this myself. Does anyone know if this is a Delphi XE issue or is it specific to Windows 8? Is there a solution?
>
> Thanks
> Kevin

If it is a Delphi XE issue there is a strong possibility it would be
unknown as Delphi XE is not tested with Windows 8. The first version of
Delphi certified with Windows 8 is Delphi XE3.
0
quinn
4/12/2013 2:56:58 PM
Hi Kevin,

Have you tried this.

<code_delphi>

..FormActive

 Self.Left := (Screen.Width - Self.Width) div 2;
 Self.Top := (Screen.Height - Self.Height) div 2;

<code>

Lieven.

<Kevin Hughes> wrote in message news:567211@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Hi,
> I am using Delphi XE to develop my application. The app runs fine on XP,
> Vista and Win7. When it is run on Win8, however, the user says that the
0
Lieven

Windows 8 Application with Delphi
Hi all: With the release of MS windows 8 beta today, is it possible to create Metro style (with Touch interface) applications with Delphi? Is there a beta version of Delphi you would need for this? Thanks Bob Bob McKinnon wrote: > Is there a beta > version of Delphi you would need for this? If anybody answered this question Embarcadero would have to kill them. ;-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -- Confucius So is visual studio my best bet? I believe they have a beta versio...

Delphi XE 2 failure under Windows 8
I have been using a registered copy of Delphi XE 2 Professional in Windows 7 running under VMWare Fusion 4 for over a year with no problems. I have installed Windows 8 and now get the following error when I first load Delphi XE 2: Access violation at address 211E40CC in module ‘vclide160.bpl’. Read at address 00000048. I cannot access and source file to build or compile. I have run a Delphi repair under Windows 8 with no change. I then uninstalled Delphi XE 2 and searched for a Delphi XE 2 download on the Internet but could but find one. Where can I get a download of Delphi XE 2? Merv no...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Run applications delphi xe on tablet windows rt ?
Hello! It is possible to run my applications delphi xe on tablet windows rt? Where can I find examples? Thanks! No, this is not possible. WinRT devices are using the ARM chipset and although there is an ARM compiler just made by EMB there is at the moment only a Delphi framework (FireMonkey) that supports IOS and later Android. Delphi "native" supports Win32, Win64 and MacOS. > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > No, this is not possible. WinRT devices are using the ARM chipset and > although there is an ARM compiler just made by EMB there is at th...

Which files to include in Delphi XE VCL application deployment?
Hi, my VCL application works fine on the machine where Delphi XE is installed. It does not work on clean OS machines. The error is "Exception: Class not registered, ClassID: {AD51734E-9C75-3EDB-ADFE-2FD3D54A0B04}" I am pretty sure that I just need to include some Delphi XE runtimes. InstallShield 2010 does not have any Delphi stuff hence I need to do it manually. Can anybody advice what files to include with deployment package for VCL application that uses sockets? Thank you. > {quote:title=Vitaly Romanishko wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > my VCL application wor...

Attachments - Delphi XE6
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_a4f61.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello, can somebody please tell me the exact specifications/requirements for deploying a FMX application for Windows 7/8.1? I noticed that some of my prototype applications are behaving very odd when I execute them on a different machine other than my development computer. Mainly the main problem seems to be that the onpaint event for my components aren't trig...

Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?
I recently built a new PC after a mother board failure and now have Windows 8 64 bit in place of Windows 7 32 bit. My Delphi XE (XE1?) is acting very strangely. Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? Norm Norm Carlberg wrote: > Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If it doesn't, MS hasn't done their job. Nick > {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote} > Norm Carlberg wrote: > > > Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? > > I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If it doesn&...

How to: Window application with Delphi XE to access MS Access database?
I need to develop a Window application with Delphi XE to generate a form, which can display the data retrieved from an existing Microsoft Access database and update the data value in database as needed. Can someone advise me how should I get started and which implementation shall I use? Which tutorial materials can I look for? I am a new Delphi user. I called Embarcadero tech support on this subject, but got zero support from them. Thank you. Allen Allen, > I need to develop a Window application with Delphi XE to generate a form, > which can display the data retrieved fro...

Delphi XE6 - Deployment of a FMX application for Windows
Hello, can somebody please tell me the exact specifications/requirements for deploying a FMX application for Windows 7/8.1? I noticed that some of my prototype applications are behaving very odd when I execute them on a different machine other than my development computer. Mainly the main problem seems to be that the onpaint event for my components aren't triggered correctly. On my development computer (windows 8.1) everything is fine on all five others (windows 8.1) I tried not. Is there a specific open gl library or other runtime I have to deploy? Thanks See attachments her...

How about Delphi for Windows 8?
<BG> CB > {quote:title=Charles B wrote:}{quote} > <BG> > > CB My first Win8 test report: business customers will like this "new" "OS". iWindows8! iStupid! iGnore iT! Frankly, Windows 8 is already the past. I guess we should ask what about Delphi for Windows 9, 10, and the next secret version as well. Charles B wrote: > <BG> > > CB The press release said something about a new inter-application interface, that will make it easier to include e.g. pictures from various sources in your email. Dunno if that mean...

Windows 8+ and Delphi
OK, let me get this clear. With all the discussions on Windows 8 and beyond, and HTML5/JS seemingly doing all the work, we will be needing a programming language to code the backend, right? I mean, if not, then Delphi/C++Builder will cease to exist by the time Windows 8 arrives... "Jennifer-Ashley Kuiper" <jennifer@maindevelopment.com> wrote in message news:372999@forums.embarcadero.com... > OK, let me get this clear. With all the discussions on Windows 8 and > beyond, and HTML5/JS seemingly doing all the work, we will be needing a > programming language...

Delphi Program Running Under Windows 8 vs. Windows 7
If a program, created with D2007, runs fine under Windows 7, it should run under Windows 8, correct? It's basically the same Intel architecture, right? The program created with D2007 does nothing fancy - I'm no professional programmer. Installation may be slightly different - i.e., the installation program may need some modifying I assume, to install under Windows 8. I don't have Windows 8 right now, I'm just trying to gather some information for a client. Thanks Your program won't run only on Windows RT (ARM version of windows). On all other versio...

Web resources about - Delphi XE application on Windows 8 - embarcadero.delphi.deployment

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...