Delphi X5 Android App Deployment

Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?
0
Utf
9/12/2013 9:30:05 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Sérgio Francisco wrote:
> > Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?
>
> You might have to give it 30-60 seconds to fully deploy.  I found on my Galaxy
> Tab 2 that deploying through usb was often very slow.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>        (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>               (Fish)

I gave a lot of time... not working not a simple or a demo... somethissng is not ok.
0
Utf
12/28/2012 4:31:32 PM
Sérgio Francisco wrote:
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?

You might have to give it 30-60 seconds to fully deploy.  I found on my Galaxy
Tab 2 that deploying through usb was often very slow.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
0
Jeff
9/12/2013 10:48:59 PM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?

So i tried with all demos and with a X45 laser , samsung Y, the emulator and does the same ... but the app respond to touch and play sounds.. so i suppose it doesnt show firemonkey only ?  Im doing something wrong(i suppose not,i have installed clean every thing from install) or is a bug ?

Edited by: Sérgio Francisco on Sep 12, 2013 4:57 PM
0
Utf
9/12/2013 11:58:32 PM
I also tested the new delphi android capabilities.
I use Android Overmax device.
I have a white screen is is all demo run.
If touch the screen the keyboard pops up, but see the white screen.

> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?
0
Peter
9/13/2013 5:50:06 PM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?

So can someone help ... i cant set delphi working with adroid,
0
Utf
9/15/2013 12:34:20 PM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> So i tried with all demos and with a X45 laser , samsung Y

I do not know what is X45, maybe Micromax?
But Samsung Y I see it is ARMv6.

Minimum requirement is:
-ARMv7 with NEON suport
-Android 2.3.3

You can check your device with:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.syscheck
or
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bfield.CpuIdentifier

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta
0
Cristian
9/15/2013 2:31:15 PM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?

So it worked on a sony walkman, but i have a laser x45 is a arm cortex a9 i think is a armv7 witn neon and andoroid >4  and it still a blank screen. So whats wrong  i have to buy only nexus ????
0
Utf
9/16/2013 11:20:24 AM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
>...i think is a armv7 witn neon

You think....
For Cortex A9, NEON support is optional. You need to check to be sure. You can try with SysCheck.

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta
0
Cristian
9/16/2013 11:41:50 AM
> {quote:title=Cristian Peta wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> >...i think is a armv7 witn neon
>
> You think....
> For Cortex A9, NEON support is optional. You need to check to be sure. You can try with SysCheck.
>
> Best Regards,
> Cristian Peta

It says neon capable with CPU Identifier and android version 404
0
Utf
9/16/2013 8:03:29 PM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?

I tried it with Galaxy Tab3 and doesnt work , it have neon is armv7 android 4
0
Utf
9/18/2013 8:51:30 AM
> {quote:title=Sérgio Francisco wrote:}{quote}
> Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ?

i have same problem
did you find out what cost this problem?
Necmetdin Karademir
0
Necmetdin

Delphi XE6 Android deployment problem
Hi! Trying out the 30 day trial of Delphi XE6, deploying an app. written in XE5, where deploying is successful, but deploying the same app. without any changes with XE6, half of the files are missing from the installation on the Android device. If I rename the .apk to .zip and look inside, the missing files are in the .zip. In 'deployment' page there are some .so files added which the app. is loading dynamically. Some of the files do get copied in the app.'s folder but some of them are not. I could not find any difference between the copied files' deployment options and t...

Deploying Delphi custom component to Android and IOS problem
Hi I have created a mobile application for android and ios with Delphi XE5. I needed a custom component, so I created a package and I wrote my component. I wrote a windows application for testing my custom compnent and every thing is OK so far. I add an instance of my component on the Firemonkey mobile form and it shows it correctly. But when I try to run app on IOS Simulator or Android emulator it crashes, I think the problem is caused by not deploying my package along with my app, but I don't know how shou ld I include this package in my mobile app deployment. Any idea? No answer, It...

Error in initializing BDE: $2108 when deploying Delphi App
I developed a database application using Delphi 2010 and MS ACCESS 2007 database with Borland Database Engine. When I deployed it on the target computer (Win XP) having MS Office 2007 and ran my app, it displayed an error message: Error in initializing BDE: $2108. I used InstallAware software for deployment. Using InstallAware, I added registry entry for HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE|SOFTWARE|BORLAND|DATABASE ENGINE from my computer. I also created USer DSN for my database on the target machine. But the deployment software doesn't add this registry entry in the target machine. so, when I run my p...

Deploy Delphi.net
Hi friends,  I want to deploy Delphi.net application Using RAD studio 2007 code on apache web server .can anybody help me in doing that ..................please reply? ...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Deploy App with Crystal Reports Installed on Deployment Server
Don't think this a very unique problem, but I could not find the question in the forum history. I have created a dot net application, works well on my test server. Create the deployment app and all works well on my test production environment. Deploy the app to the true production environment and I receive an error for the "KeycodeV2.dll" indicating the dll can not be found or the I am using an invalid keycode. It turns out that my true production environment has Crystal Reports 8.5 installed. I grabbed the keycode from that installation, update my deployment project and r...

Android App Deployment question
If I deploy an app to say :com.MyCompany.MyAppSuite.App1, and I deploy an other app to com.MyCompany.MyAppSuite.App2, is there a way they can share any files in assets\internal? I have a "suite" of apps, and certain files would be better shared instead of having multiples of the same file on the android. ...

deploying CR with Delphi 2005
Hello,I'm really stuck trying to deploy a web application that displays reports to a remote server, although it works fine during development.i found http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/crnet_deployment.pdf but it isn't as useful since I'm not using VS...how do i go about adding the merge modules to the project or doing the interactive install with delphi 2005?Really stuck on this, thanks for any help!...

Deploy WebService from Delphi XE2
Hi, I was develop WebService in RAD Studio XE2 (CGI standalone app) and after development procedure (copy webservice module and midas.dll) server raise me an error: -- Sasa Mihajlovic --- Life is to short to be boring, keep smiling... HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map. Module StaticFileModule Notification ExecuteRequestHandler Handler StaticFile Error Code 0x80070032 Requested URL http://www.msdaio.com:80/WSRegister Physical Path D:\INETPUB\VHOSTS\msdaio.com\httpdocs\WSRegister Logon Method Anonymous Logon User Anonymous -- Sasa Mihajlovic --- Life is to short to be boring, keep smiling... Hi Sasa, CGI is now considered inefficient and unsafe technology, so it's by default disabled. Are you using IIS 6.0 or &.0/7.5? Would you consider using Indy client instead of CGI? On 15/09/2012 12:09, Sasa Mihajlovic wrote: > HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found > The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension > configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file > should be downloaded, add a MIME map. > > Module StaticFileModule > Notification ExecuteRequestHandler > Handler StaticFile > Error Code 0x80070032 > Requested URL http://www.msdaio.com:80/WSRegister > Physical Path D:\INETPUB\VHOS...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net
It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. Your information is great appreciated, Inung On 2011-06-21 18:20:17 +0100, Inung Huang said: > It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. > I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than > Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. If you are only running the code in the application once then, yes, you might notice a slight delay. THis is due to the JIT compiler transforming the IL to native code. However, if you then time the execution of the same code without restarting the program, you will notice that the time take should be comparable to "native" code; due to the fact that, after the first run, ..NET code *is* then as "native" as regular Delphi code. Joanna -- Joanna Carter [TeamB] Joanna Carter (TeamB) wrote: > However, if you then time the execution of the same code without > restarting the program, you will notice that the time take should be > comparable to "native" code; due to the fact that, after the first > run, .NET code is then as "native" as regular Delphi code. Correction: "should be faster than Delphi code" -- because the jitter is part of the .Net distribution and thu...

Re-deploy a deployment
I have made a deployment of about forty patches which i deployed to a testgroup. Now I need to deploy this to the rest of the pc's in my office and would like to re-use the old deployment. So I want to change an old deployment and then redeploy it. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? thanks -- eddzzz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eddzzz, have you tried going to the deployment, checking the box next to it and clicking deploy at the bottom of the page? :) -- Shaun Pond That sounds very obvious, s...

Deploying Delphi Applications to WinXP
I upgraded from D7 to D2007 a while back. I recently however recompiled one of my applications which uses ADO, some stuff from ImageLib and some controls from Woll2Woll. Normally I'm able to copy the application directly to the desktop. The problem I'm having is that the current application when executed under WinXP SP2 generates a fault and a resulting Dr Watson dump. The interesting part is that if I deploy the same application directly to a Win2003 server box, the application runs just fine. What makes it even more interesting is that the app was developed under WinXP SP2 to ...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Deploying Delphi software which uses ADO
Hi what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit computers? When Googling for stuff I keep getting older information plus some comments that the Jet Engine is no longer fully supported for Windows 7 environments. Suggestions or links to good descriptions would be appreciated. Bruce On 2012-09-19 16:13:51, Bruce Eglington wrote: > what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages > to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32...

Problem deploying app to android device
Hi! Everything was working fine until I reversed my phone to the original stock rom... When I try to deploy an app to my ZP998 device, i get this error: Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\user\admin\Documents\Rad Studio\Projects\Android\Debug\Project...\Project1.apk. Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK] Of course USB Debug is enabled. Maybe some other setting on the phone? Which one? Can someone help me? Many thanks!!!! http://www.android.pk/blog/tutorials/how-to-enable-third-party-apps-installation-on-android-phones/ What about the APK from Unknown sources s...

Android App Support in Delphi ETA?
Hi -- I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create Android apps? I would like to leverage my knowledge of Pascal as opposed to learning PHP to create Android apps. Thanks Rich Richard Morey wrote: > I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS > applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming > soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to crea...

Suitable Android phone for Delphi App
I work with small farmers in Africa and Asia, designing data-systems used by the companies which buy their products (coffee, vanilla, nuts etc.) Farm-inspection is a key role. Inspectors visit with lots of paper-forms and questionnaires which are filled in. Some of my users have already migrated to Windows tablets for data collection. But Windows tablets are rare and costly. I have written a couple of Android Apps. Not too big, but they will do useful "small jobs" for the inspectors. However few inspectors yet own smart phones. My client-businesses will have to buy them. ...

MacinCloud deploy error Delphi XE6
I signed up with MacinCloud to create iPhone apps from my Windows/Delphi XE6 IDE. I followed JT's instructions to connect to the PAServer on MacinCloud. My iPhone code compiles and deploys but fails to kick off the IOS simulator. The message I get is "Unable to launch process on '208.52.189.12' using the parameters from the 'MacinCloud' profile. The following error was returned: 'Session ended'". I am connected to the latest PAServer for Delphi XE6 update 1. Anyone experience this issue and found a way to get past the error? Did you put in a pass...

Problem deploying app to android device
Hi! Everything was working fine until I reversed my phone to the original stock rom... When I try to deploy an app to my ZP998 device, i get this error: Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\user\admin\Documents\Rad Studio\Projects\Android\Debug\Project...\Project1.apk. Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK] Of course USB Debug is enabled. Maybe some other setting on the phone? Which one? Can someone help me? Many thanks!!!! Almost certainly, the problem is the USB driver for the device is not installed. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Installing_the_USB_Driver_for_Your_Android_Device Michele Costantino wrote: > Hi! > Everything was working fine until I reversed my phone to the original stock rom... > When I try to deploy an app to my ZP998 device, i get this error: > > Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\user\admin\Documents\Rad Studio\Projects\Android\Debug\Project...\Project1.apk. > Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK] > > Of course USB Debug is enabled. > > Maybe some other setting on the phone? Which one? > > Can someone help me? > > Many thanks!!!! > ...

XE4 iOS deployment
I was able to run my proj in the iOS emulator on my Mac. I'm now working from home so on a different n/w but pa 'test connection' reports OK. When I run or debug to the emulator, Delphi hangs whilst 'delploying iOSSimulator/Debug/myproj.rsm' - 'cancel' doesn't work, have to kill it from task manager. I've rebooted the PC but still the same. What's going on ?! OK, seems to have taken about 10 mins but is now OK!! > {quote:title=martin moore wrote:}{quote} > I was able to run my proj in the iOS emulator on my Mac. I'm now working ...

Android App Deployment question [Edit]
If I deploy an app to say :com.MyCompany.MyAppSuite.App1, and I deploy an other app to com.MyCompany.MyAppSuite.App2, is there a way they can share any files in assets\internal? I have a "suite" of apps, and certain files would be better shared instead of having multiples of the same file on the android. UPDATE: I have started looking at sharedUserId in the Manifest file. Anyone have any experience? Edited by: Todd Frankson on Jun 26, 2015 2:16 PM ...

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

I have an appliction tha that is writen in Delphi 5 with ADOConnetion, ADOTable, and ADOQuery components. I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. I have the program building in with Delphi 2007. Is there anything I need to do to convert the ADO to ADO.NET? > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. Why ? -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine Reasons for change: - We already own the Delphi 2007. - We have existing product (code) what was created in Delphi 5. - We are wanting to update to the newer version and convert to the ADO.NET connection instead of the ADO. - I am being told to upgrade becuase ADO has issues with locking up machines and meno when used with SQL on very large datasets. Do you know what I need to do to convert the existing connections in ADO to ADO.NET? > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. > > Why ? > > -- > With best regards, > Dmitry Arefiev > AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, > Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, > ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine Unitime Development wrote: > I need to upgr...

Problems with Interop Assemblies deployment. App is just not working on Deployment (working in development)
Hi, I have created an assembly which uses visio interop assemblies to genernate visio documents at runtime at server. And I am using it in a web application to generate visio documents on the fly. it is working perfectly in development system. When I deploy the same on a clean machine it is unable to work in my web application. It is not throwing any error too. If I copy the whole solution to my deployment stage server and build the solution, the application starts working fine and never stopped working until I format the machine...This is weird ! Though I deleted that entire...

Web resources about - Delphi X5 Android App Deployment - embarcadero.delphi.deployment

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

CNN Interview of Muslim Soldier Refusing Deployment Nasser Abdo - YouTube
US Army PFC Abdo has had concerns about bieng deployed to a combat. He believes that his islamic faith doesent permit him to participate in war ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Canberra teen pens experience of Defence deployment through child's eyes in Soon
"When you're as young as [seven] 13 months is ages: that's a Christmas and a birthday and an Easter and a whole family's worth of things ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...