Delphi 2010 F2084 Internal Error TI894

Hi,

I get following error when I enter following code in Delphi 2010 :

CODE :
--------

type
  TMyFunction = function(var FromFile : Text) : byte of object ;

ERROR :
----------

[DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(20): F2084 Internal Error: TI894

Thx in advance,

Rob
0
Dominiek
1/18/2010 1:19:53 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dominiek Russe wrote:

> I get following error when I enter following code in Delphi 2010 :
>
> CODE :
> --------
>
> type
>  TMyFunction = function(var FromFile : Text) : byte of object ;
>
> ERROR :
> ----------
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(20): F2084 Internal Error: TI894

This is a known issue

Report No: 79466 (RAID: 273611)          Status: Open
F2084 Internal Error: TI894 with event using "text" type
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=79466

Report No: 81231          Status: Open
[DCC Fatal Error]:F2084 Internal Error: T1894
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=81231

The only workaround seems to change the signature of the event.

This compiles and might be an option

  type
    PText = ^Text;

    TLMDOnHeaderWrite = procedure(Target: PText) of object;

BTW, .delphi.language.delphi.general is a better group for compiler
questions.
--
Uwe
0

"Uwe Schuster" <jedivcs@bitcommander.de> wrote in message
> Dominiek Russe wrote:
>
>> I get following error when I enter following code in Delphi 2010 :
>>
>> CODE :
>> --------
>>
>> type
>>  TMyFunction = function(var FromFile : Text) : byte of object ;
>>
>> ERROR :
>> ----------
>>
>> [DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(20): F2084 Internal Error: TI894
>
> This is a known issue
>
> Report No: 79466 (RAID: 273611)          Status: Open
> F2084 Internal Error: TI894 with event using "text" type
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=79466
>
> Report No: 81231          Status: Open
> [DCC Fatal Error]:F2084 Internal Error: T1894
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=81231
>

> The only workaround seems to change the signature of the event.
>
> This compiles and might be an option
>
>  type
>    PText = ^Text;
>
>    TLMDOnHeaderWrite = procedure(Target: PText) of object;
>

> BTW, .delphi.language.delphi.general is a better group for compiler
> questions.
> --
> Uwe
0
Dominiek

Delphi 2010: [DCC Fatal Error] F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_44d84.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Checking project dependencies... Compiling Multicast.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Fatal Error] Multicast.dpr(152): F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 Failed Elapsed time: 00:00:00.2 --JivePart=_44d84.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; name="Multicast.dpr" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

Delphi 2010: [DCC Fatal Error] F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0
I'm trying to compile the following code but the compiler gives me an internal error message. This is my second experiment with generics and it is complete failure. Do they work at all? I'm very disappointed. Checking project dependencies... Compiling Multicast.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Fatal Error] Multicast.dpr(152): F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 Failed Elapsed time: 00:00:00.2 I have posted the project (a simple console application) to the attachments group. Can anybody compile this code in their Delphi XE IDE? program Multicast; {$APPT...

Delphi XE: F2084 Internal Error: G6657
Hi, I do some test with Delphi XE and try to compile ID: 26124, DeCAL2009 (Generic Delphi Container and Algorithm Library) The dcc gives an error (not very verbose) : [DCC Fatal Error] DeCAL.Containers.pas(1135): F2084 Internal Error: G6657 Somebody has an idea ? Thanks, Eddy Poullet Brussels Eddy POULLET wrote: > I do some test with Delphi XE and try to compile > ID: 26124, DeCAL2009 (Generic Delphi Container and Algorithm Library) > The dcc gives an error (not very verbose) : > > [DCC Fatal Error] DeCAL.Containers.pas(1135): F2084 Internal Error: G6...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

delphi XE2 + generics = F2084 Internal error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 :(
hello, in one unit i declare generics MyObj = class fMyGenericList: TMyGenericList<TMyListItem>: Property MyGenericList: TWinRE_TMyGenericList<TMyListItem> read fMyGenericList; end; in other unit i just do : MyObj.MyGenericList.Count; and i receive at compile time : F2084 Internal error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 :( any idea ? i m on XE2 update 4 ok, i found (it's a bug) it's seam that the problem was that getter and setter of some properties was defined in base class : TMyBASEGenericList<T> function Getxyz(...); pr...

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 F2084 Internal Error TI894 - embarcadero.delphi.deployment

Internal combustion engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The internal combustion engine is an engine in which the combustion of a fuel (normally a fossil fuel ) occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) ...

ACT Policing called to federal police union office in Griffith over internal row
ACT Policing was called&nbsp;to the Australian Federal Police Association offices in Canberra on Wednesday amid ongoing tensions within the organisation's ...

Paris attacks: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton rejects internal call from state MP Andrew Fraser to ...
Peter Dutton shuts down a call from New South Wales MP Andrew Fraser for Australia to stop accepting Middle Eastern refugees.

Review: OWC’s Drive Dock turns your Mac’s old internal hard drives into plug-and-play storage
... past their prime. Most people would seek out an external hard drive enclosure , which is ideal if you want to commit to repurposing one internal ...

Tomatoes taste good because we slowed down their internal clocks
(credit: National Park Service ) Tomatoes were probably first domesticated in the Andean region of Peru and Ecuador. From there, cultivation ...

Amazon Sale offers big savings on internal and external Samsung SSD drives
... to ensure lightning-fast access to all of your files. And as is the case with anything else, brands matter. When buy an external or internal ...

Internal Amazon document tells workers 'Do Not Call 911!' in the event of a medical emergency
In the event of a medical emergency at an Amazon warehouse, the company tells its workers not to call 911 but to call security instead, according ...

Apple employees have a LOT to say about the company's secretive internal culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Mobile Apps: The Next Big Thing for Internal Communications
Internal communications is on the brink of the next big movement for employee engagement and interaction: mobile apps. Straight from the app ...

Internal GOP memo outlines plan if Trump wins nomination
The person who oversees 2016 GOP Senate races issued a memo to staffers in September imagining Trump as the nominee