Createing 32 bit Delphi dll for Windows 64 OS

Hello,

I develop a java application that uses a dll which is being written in delphi.
I use a 32-bit jvm on a 64-bit windows 7 OS.
When my java code calls the Delphi code, I get "unsetesfied link error".
I have checked the dll dependencies and saw that the dll depends on windows dlls, which are located in C:\Windows\System32.
The problem is (I think) that the dlls in that folder are 64-bit, and the jvm expects to recieve 32-bit dlls for the 32-bit application.
I know that the windows dlls for 32-bit are located in C:\Windows\SysWow64.

Does anyone have a solution for how to create a delphi dll which will depend on the correct (32-bit) dlls?
Is there a way to configure the compiler (or the IDE) to look for the dlls in another folder?

Thanks a lot,
Nir.
0
nir
5/20/2013 1:16:39 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Call 64bit dll's function from 32 bit delphi code on 64 bit OS
Is there any way or trick to call a function in 64 bit DLL from Delphi code? Any hardware manufacturer must compile their device drivers into 64bit code for 64 bit OS. So for example, graphic driver from NVidia is compiled to 64bit code for 64bit OS. Question is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? I hope somebody has already dealing with that. Thanks > is how to load 64 bit dll from 32 bit delphi code and call such function? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384249(VS.85).aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/10/20/9...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Windows 7 and Delphi 7, 32 or 64 bit?
I am in the process of getting a new PC and these days there is a choice between 32 and 64 bit operating system (Win7). I have both Delphi7 Pro and BDS2006, where most of my work tends to still be done in Delphi 7. My question now is: Does Delphi 7 work correctly in Windows 7 x64 or do I have to install the 32 bit version in order to work with Delphi 7? This is about the IDE, not programs created with Delphi, which I already know work fine in Win7x64. I am worried about the impact of new security measures in Win7 and incompatibilities between the Delphi7 debugger and Win7x64..... Bo ...

How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS?
How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? -- Thanks, Nilesh (Delphi Developer) > How to install Delphi 4 on Windows 7 (32-bit) OS? > > -- > Thanks, > Nilesh (Delphi Developer) Exactly the same as any other OS! I recommend installing to: C:\Tools\Delphi4 where C:\Tools\ has been created with a security setting of Everyone, Full control. This assumes you are the only user of that PC. This works on my Windows-7/64 system. Be aware that multiple Delphis should be installed in increasing version number, so Delphi 5 after Delphi 4 and so on. ...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

Deployment to Windows 32 bit and 64 bit
Hi, I tried my application built using PB 11.5 build 4567 and ASA 9 on windows XP / Vista / 7 32-bit and it works fine. There are also some registry values that I am creating (thru and installer). When being used on Windows 7 64-bit the application fails to run. Probably because it does not find my registry keys. Can someone help me out with what needs to be done in order for the application to run on 64-bit OS. Thanks in advance. Sam I am accessing a registry key from HKLM\Software\xxx\yyy. If I dont find the key, i throw an error message. On 32-Bit all runs well but...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Delphi 2006 in Windows 7 32 bit / Windows Server 2008
Hi All, I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008. If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008. Many thanks. Thanks Windows 7/ 2008 did not exist when Delphi 2006 was released, so this combination is untested. Most likely, if you follow these guidelines: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42598 it will work with current OS's. If you want something we stand behind, you ...

32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines
I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property. Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista. Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails. Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization. Is it possible to use COM through syswow64? <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control > ( COM ) ...

Web app referencing 32-bit dll on 64-bit OS
I have a web app that I am trying to deploy on a Windows 2003 x64 OS on a dedicated server at 1 and 1. I am having trouble referencing one of the required 3rd party dlls. I get the following error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DC28F64E-2B61-45C9-BA3F-26664BB9973F} failed due to the following error: 80040154  Everything I have read points to the fact that this is a 32-bit dll on a 64-bit server. I have set IIS to run in worker proces isolation mode and Enable32bitApponWin64 set to "true". What else do I need to do to get this to work? Any help wo...

Delphi 64 Bit released just in time for Windows to be 128 Bit ...
Ok - the title is a little provocative - but it might be close ;) This link is to an article the claims that the next Windows version will be 128 Bit. Which would be Win8 - and if not that version then definitely Win 9. http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/10/microsoft-mulling-128-bit-versions-of-windows-8-windows-9.ars I realize that Delphi 64 bit should be out this year (or so I hope!) - and that the next windows is a few years away - but I hope the folks at Emb. are already planning for the 128 version when they do the 64 bit version... Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_tim...

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Delphi App in 64-bit Windows
I have created a 32-bit app that runs and closes fine when run in a 32-bit environment. When I run this same app in Windows-7 64-bit I get a run time error when I close it. Is this known about as a general problem? Secondly If I want to install Delphi 2010 on this 64-bit Windows-7 computer, am I to expect any problems or will it just run as a standard 32-bit application? Regards Graham Am 19.02.2010 14:28, schrieb Graham Powell: > I have created a 32-bit app that runs and closes fine when run in a 32-bit environment. When I run this same app in Windows-7 64-bit I get a run time ...