XE5 Data Exploer for encrypted SQLite files from Firedac? [Edit]

Using XE5

We use aes-256 on sqlite files.

But appears Firedac uses a non standard for doing so?

Which means I can't seem to open these files in Data Explorer as that uses DBX which can't seem to access these encrypted files.

Rebuilt the files with no encryption and worked fine.

Any workaround for this? besides building the data twice? takes 3.5 hours to build the data each time.

Having problems trying to figure out how to setup the connection in Data Explorer.. the documentation like most else where seems to stink.

Basically, is there any data viewer in XE5 that can open and view encrypted FireDac made Sqlite db files? Otherwise this is a huge PITA.

Edited by: steven chesser on Mar 18, 2014 11:41 AM
0
steven
3/18/2014 6:42:03 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In data explorer should their be a FireDac selection ? only see dbexpress.

Edited by: steven chesser on Mar 18, 2014 11:51 AM
0
steven
3/18/2014 6:52:05 PM
steven chesser wrote:
> In data explorer should their be a FireDac selection ? only see dbexpress.

No, Data Explorer in XE5 is for DBExpress only. There is a FireDAC
Explorer you can access from the Tools menu.
0
quinn
3/18/2014 7:01:27 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> steven chesser wrote:
> > In data explorer should their be a FireDac selection ? only see dbexpress.
>
> No, Data Explorer in XE5 is for DBExpress only. There is a FireDAC
> Explorer you can access from the Tools menu.

Strange.. I do not have that under Tools... Missing..

But could run FDExplorer.exe and bring it up...

No wonder going crazy here.. stuff missing from the IDE... wonder why that is. This is a
pretty newish install of XE5 on a VM.

I guess next question then.. how do I get it back.
0
steven

Web resources about - XE5 Data Exploer for encrypted SQLite files from Firedac? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Ricky McCormick's encrypted notes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Two hand-written documents were found in the pockets of murder victim Ricky McCormick when his body was discovered in a field in St. Charles ...

Facebook: 95% of Notification Emails Encrypted Thanks to Providers’ STARTTLS Deployment
... encryption standard , which it originally wrote about in May , saying that 95 percent of its notification emails are now successfully encrypted ...

An Update on Encrypted UIDs
An Update on Encrypted UIDs

ChatSecure: Encrypted, Secure Multiprotocol Chat and Instant Messaging (Google Talk, XMPP) on the App ...
Get ChatSecure: Encrypted, Secure Multiprotocol Chat and Instant Messaging (Google Talk, XMPP) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

NSW Bikie gangs' encrypted BlackBerrys beat law
Bikie gangs and organised crime groups are believed to have foiled police attempts to tap their phones by importing untraceable, encrypted BlackBerrys ...

Secret origins of Telegram, the encrypted messaging app favoured by Islamic State
... have claimed Telegram is actually not all that secure: a flaw that may reflect the fact that Telegram wasn't initially conceived as an encrypted ...

Obama won't seek access to encrypted user data
Obama administration backs down in its bitter dispute with Silicon Valley over encryption of data on digital devices.

Are encrypted phones allowing criminals to get away with murder?
Sydney crime and bikie gangs are using uncrackable mobile phones to arrange murders, shootings and drug deals – hampering the ...

Whistleblower app FraudSec features anonymising encrypted messaging
A one-time whistleblower has launched a new app that helps people report fraud anonymously while protecting their identity.

British prime minister says he’ll ban encrypted chat apps if he can’t see your messages
For several months we've followed the U.S. government's attempts to work around encryption in chat apps, even taking the hyperbole to an illogical ...