unknown driver: mssql when use ex7 for android

Hi please help.
I use dbexpress to connect sql server 2008. the code works fine  in delphi 7 and ex7 for 32-bit windows But When I try to compile it for android nexus 5, it raised dbxerror: 'unknown driver: mssql'.

{code}
   sqlconnection1.ConnectionName :='mssqlconnection';
   sqlconnection1.DriverName := 'mssql';
   sqlconnection1.GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverMSSQL';
   sqlconnection1.LibraryName := 'dbexpmss.dll';
   sqlconnection1.VendorLib := 'oledb.dll';

   sqlconnection1.Params.Values['HostName'] := '192.168.2.121';
   sqlconnection1.Params.Values['Database'] := 'xxxx';
   sqlconnection1.Params.Values['User_Name'] := 'xxx';
   sqlconnection1.Params.Values['Password'] := 'xxxxxxxxxx';
   sqlconnection1.LoginPrompt := false;
{code}
can someone help?

Thanks a lot.
0
james
5/20/2015 1:35:29 AM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In short, this is because there is no MySQL client for Android (or iOS).
To connect to MySQL you need to connect connect to a DataSnap server,
which then connects to your MySQL database.

james Yang wrote:
> Hi please help.
> I use dbexpress to connect sql server 2008. the code works fine  in delphi 7 and ex7 for 32-bit windows But When I try to compile it for android nexus 5, it raised dbxerror: 'unknown driver: mssql'.
>
> {code}
>     sqlconnection1.ConnectionName :='mssqlconnection';
>     sqlconnection1.DriverName := 'mssql';
>     sqlconnection1.GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverMSSQL';
>     sqlconnection1.LibraryName := 'dbexpmss.dll';
>     sqlconnection1.VendorLib := 'oledb.dll';
>
>     sqlconnection1.Params.Values['HostName'] := '192.168.2.121';
>     sqlconnection1.Params.Values['Database'] := 'xxxx';
>     sqlconnection1.Params.Values['User_Name'] := 'xxx';
>     sqlconnection1.Params.Values['Password'] := 'xxxxxxxxxx';
>     sqlconnection1.LoginPrompt := false;
> {code}
> can someone help?
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
quinn
5/21/2015 9:17:36 PM
El 21/5/15 a las 23:17, quinn wildman escribió:
> In short, this is because there is no MySQL client for Android (or iOS).
> To connect to MySQL you need to connect connect to a DataSnap server,
> which then connects to your MySQL database.
>
> james Yang wrote:

I think that you meant Microsoft SQL Server.
Anyway the response is correct for this database server.
0
Antonio
5/22/2015 4:43:26 PM
Antonio Estevez wrote:

> I think that you meant Microsoft SQL Server.
> Anyway the response is correct for this database server.

You are correct. The answer is same for either one. That is, you need to
use DataSnap.
0
quinn

Delphi 2010 dbExpress MSSQL Driver
Hi All Is there any way to use the old dbxmss30.dll driver that comes with D2007? Just setting the SQLConnection parameters do the old driver doesnt work - which is a bit strange considering that the old driver was also version 4 and should be compatible. The reason I want this is because the old driver didnt need any client install and the new one does. This is a deployment nightmare and stopping us from moving to D2010. I wish Embaracadero will release a patch / fix for this ASAP Thanks Guy ...

Driver to Delphi DBExpress
Hi... Does anyone know if exist some SYBASE driver to DBExpress ? Regards Marco I don't think there exists one yet, and I haven't heard of anyone working on one (yet). IAnywhere knows about this but hasn't made any commitments (yet). However, you don't need DBExpress! See Marco Cantu's book Mastering Delphi 6 as to why. Simply, dbGO is a MUCH better alternative, and for my money, the best way to go yet to connect from Delphi to ASA. ASA 8 comes with a "provider" that allows you to use dbGO (essentially OLEDB). I recommend you check i...

To use or not to use Delphi
Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race between the two threads, for and against using Delphi in new projects, with more or less the same users posting in both threads. Arguments are fiercely debated in both camps. Borland had their own vision. As a community, now that Delphi has changed ownership I believe we should try to be more consistent, more clear, and more articulate in what we expect from Embercadero in terms of Delphi. We can contribute to keeping Delphi alive and moving in the right direction. "Laurent Cocea" schrieb: > Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race ... <snip> Some people go fishing, some go to the movies, some like to take long walks on the beach, and then some like to type their fingers bloody discussing totally irrelevant issues on public Newsgroups. And my wife likes to watch soap operas and follow posts from a forum where new-baked parents are discussing their kids-issues. Everyone needs a hobby :-) Regards, Danijel Laurent Cocea wrote: > Sadly, it seems to me that there is a sort of race between the two > threads They're essentially the same thread with a little more trolling in one than the other. Lots of free time over the holidays and all. I think the discussion in general is a good thing, though. Help remind people why a tool like Delphi is worth while, and maybe even shed some light on some of the things that still need attention. I still learn about ...

Delphi dbExpress driver for ASA?
Has anyone found a good Delphi dbExpress driver for ASA8 yet? iAnywhere: are you considering writing one? (please?) Check out NativeDB at www.Nativedb.com I think they are in a process of releasing it in the NativeDB solution. Trond Kallerud SilverData AS Norway "Mike Packard" <mpackard@adnc.com> skrev i melding news:3E2A5B71.4C028E6B@adnc.com... > Has anyone found a good Delphi dbExpress driver for ASA8 yet? > > iAnywhere: are you considering writing one? (please?) ...

(Delphi) DBExpress driver for ASA???
Hello, Does anyone know of a DBExpress driver for ASA besides VISOCO. I haven't a very good experience with them or their product and would like to find an alternative. Preston I haven't heard of a DBExpress driver, but many Borland users develop with NativeDB, http://www.nativedb.com/. It doesn't require DLLs, and has advantages over DBExpress because it is made for SQL Anywhere and has hooks to SQL Anywhere capablities such as callbacks. It's also fast. I've never heard a complaint about the product or the vendor. Richard "Preston" <...

Problem with DBExpress driver in Delphi 8
We downloaded the DBExpress driver for ASA just last week. We followed the installation and configuration instructions provided by Sybase. When we attempt to activate the DBExpress connection using the TSQLConnection object, it fails with the following message: "dbExpress Error: Local Transaction already active." I have successfully connected to ASA using the NativeDB DBExpress driver, but I was hoping to try the one from Sybase. I'm using Delphi 7 with Sybase ASA 8.0.2. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? TIA One minor correction. In the ...

Delphi XE2 - dbExpress
Hello, I am using Delphi XE2 and dbExpress in my application. While developing I come to know that I need to install SQL Native client to use MSSQL as driver in dbExpress connection setup (as client machine don’t have SQL installed on it) Could you please let me know which client I need to install if I want to use Oracle as a Driver in dbExpress (as client machine don’t have any Oracle component installed)? Looking forward for quick response. You can use two Oracle Client types: the installed client or the instant client not requiring installation. You can download both clients from...

How many result-rows does mssql return should be used asynchronous method to use mssql cursor?
How many result-rows does mssql return should be used asynchronous method to use mssql cursor, can get the best performance in any time in any result offset? i want to make the cursor fast in any time whatever how many results returnedParco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com i didnt understand what xactly you meant by your first line but for this >>i want to make the cursor fast in any ti...

Android AVD
I use the Genymotion AVD in Eclipse and it works fine. Much faster than the standard AVD's provided for in Android Eclipse. In Delphi XE5 the Genymotion AVD shows up in the right panel as a recognized Android device. I have the AVD running in the background (Nexus 4). Unfortunately I'm not able to use Delphi XE5 with the Genymotion AVD. Here is the error message after the project attempts to launch: Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\path of sample application\forms.apk. Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE] Any help debugging this error? Dave wrote: ...

Using dbExpress drivers in generic database tools
Is it possible to put some OLE DB / ODBC connection on top of the dbExpress drivers? So I could use the dbExpress driver in generic database applications (I don't mind to install one extra OLE DB driver). At the moment I'm using database specific OLE DB drivers. I'm not looking for dbExpress for Ado or dbExpress for ODBC. It is the other wat around: an OLE DB driver for dbExpress. If nothing is around, is the OPTK toolkit still the Delphi way for creating OLE DB drivers? Or is there a new kid in town? Thanks in advance. Gert ...

MessageService Setup when using MSSQL 2000 JDBC driver
Has anyone configured succesfully the MessageService with the MSSQL 2000 JDBC driver? The error message we get is the following: Jun 07 17:23:04 2003: org.omg.CORBA.PERSIST_STORE: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]ResultSet can not re-read row data for column 2. minor code: 0 completed: No TIA Aggelos No, it only seems to work with JConnect. James wrote: > No, it only seems to work with JConnect. Well, I managed to make it work with an open source driver, namely jTDS (jTDS.sourceforge.net). Also with some changes into the sql stat...

How to disable screenshots in Android and IOS using Delphi XE6?
I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen ANativeActivity_setWindowFlags(PANativeActivity(System.DelphiActivity), AWINDOW_FLAG_SECURE, 0); SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags(TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE, TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE); > {quote:title=Pramod Nair wrote:}{quote} > I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen > > ANativeActivity_setW...

Is it possible to write and support android services using Delphi?
I read something about a problem in that area at yesterday CodeRage9 Q&A. Part 1 http://blog.blong.com/2013/11/delphi-and-android-services.html Part 2 http://blog.blong.com/2013/11/delphi-and-android-services-part-2.html ...

How to disable screenshots in Android and IOS using Delphi XE6?
I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen ANativeActivity_setWindowFlags(PANativeActivity(System.DelphiActivity), AWINDOW_FLAG_SECURE, 0); SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags(TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE, TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE); > {quote:title=Pramod Nair wrote:}{quote} > I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen > > ANativeActivity_setW...

Dbexpress with delphi xe --> DBX Error: Driver could be ....
I paste the object TSQLconection from dbexpress,fill all parameters DriverUnit=DBXMySQL DriverPackageLoader=TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader,DbxCommonDriver150.bpl DriverAssemblyLoader=Borland.Data.TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader,Borland.Data.DbxCommonDriver,Version=15.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b MetaDataPackageLoader=TDBXMySqlMetaDataCommandFactory,DbxMySQLDriver150.bpl MetaDataAssemblyLoader=Borland.Data.TDBXMySqlMetaDataCommandFactory,Borland.Data.DbxMySQLDriver,Version=15.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMYSQL LibraryName=d...

Using the WinUSB driver with Delphi 7 applications [Edit]
I have just discovered the generic Microsoft USB driver described here: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/usb/winusb_howto.mspx (I hope this comes out as a link, it does not when I view it using the Preview function...) Of course the document is just describing how to use it from C++, which I am not at all used to. Is there anyone here who has touched on this WinUSB who can direct me on how to use it from Delphi? Apparently the idea here is to use the generic driver WinUSB to talk to a device directly from an application. The device will not be able to talk to the operating system ...

Delphi 2010 connection to AS/400 iSeries using dbexpress
I have tried several times to use the dbexpress drivers for connection to an iSeries V5/R4. I have downloaded the files from www.sawatzki.de and tried to run the test programs, but every time I run up my application I get an unknown driver CA400 error. I try changing the driver name and connections in the dbconnections.ini and dbxdrivers.ini so that it uses AS400 but this puts a unit into my project which I don't have. I gave up on this project due to lack of time and did the whole thing using dbGo and ADOConnections etc which got my project running in about 5 mins using a odbc connection...

How do to connect database server with Delphi 7 and ASA dbexpress driver.
Hi. How do to connect database server? I used Borland Delphi, version 7 with driver dbExpress and ASA version 9. I only Connected in localhost. thank you It's been a while, but I believe there is a ConnectString property in the ASA dbExpress connection object. You can set the ConnectionString property when you develop your application using the IDE, or you can set it in code. Your ConnectionString can either be something like: uid=xxx;pwd=xxx;dsn=odbc_dsn_name or uid=xxx;pwd=xxx;links=tcpip(host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx);eng=xxxxxx In the first case, your ODBC DSN ...

ASA dbExpress Driver For Delphi and BCB Now Available for Download
The ASA dbExpress driver has been released. It supports Delphi 7 and 8 and C++ Builder 6. You can download the driver, which is also shipping with Delphi 8, along with installation instructions from the following URL: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1027878 -- Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering iAnywhere Solutions Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer -- A few questions if anyone happens to know the answers: 1) Does the use of this driver require the insta...

EPSON Printer Driver
Hi I have a problem to use a C - DLL in Delphi 2007. This is the C declaration : typedef SA_RESULT (WINAPI* DLL_BiDirectIOEx)(int, DWORD, LPBYTE, LPDWORD, LPBYTE, DWORD, BOOL, BYTE); nErr = BiDirectIOEx (nHandle, writeLen, writeCmd, readLen, readBuff, Timeout, nullTerminate,option ) nHandle: Specifies the handle. This is an INT type. writeLen: Specifies the data length to write to the printer. Does not write to the printer when "0". This is a DWORD type. writeCmd: Specifies the data (ESC/POS command) to write to the printer. This is a LPBYTE type. http...

Using Delphi XE2 to develop a mobile app for Android phone
Embarcadero claims on the homepage: "Build mobile apps for iOS and Android". I am very curious about the latter: Android. There is practically no other information about it to be found on the wesite. I need to develop an Android app within the next few weeks. It would be a great advantage if I could use Delphi XE as the development tool. So here's my quenstion: can anybody provide me with some more information on this issue or give me a pointer in the right direction? Thanks. frans bloemen wrote: > I need to develop an Android app within the next few weeks. It wo...

Problem Deploying Delphi 2010 Application using dbExpress and SQL2000
Dear All, I am deploying an application written in Delphi 2010 using dbExpress to connect to my SQL2000 server. Somehow I keep getting DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, or of the wrong version. The program works on a machine which I have previously installed and then uninstalled a trial version of Delphi 2010, but failed to work on a machine that never installed Delphi on. Both machine has "SQL Native Client installed". I have purposely renamed the connection name in my dbxconnections.ini file an...

Delphi XE Unknown driver 'Firebird' exception
Well... I have a Delphi 2007 application running fine since several years ago using dbExpress + dbxint30.dll with a Firebird 1.5 database. It uses a ini file that is read during application's bootstrap and configurates de TSQLConnection parameters before connecting to the database. Now I'm compiling the same application with Delphi XE using dbExpress + dbxfb.dll and the only difference is that in the ini file these parameters change to: DriverName=Firebird LibraryName=dbxfb.dll .... But I get a "Unknown driver Firebird" exception. I did test connecting from the ...

Delphi XE MSSQL
I am very upset because I've spent several weeks trying to work with the dbExpress driver for Delphi XE, and never before with any updates I've had so many problems. This code that has been working in Delphi 2007 for several years, now in Delphi XE simply doesn't run. Delphi 2007: ConnectionName := 'myConeccion'; DriverName := 'MsSql'; GetDriverFunc := 'getSQLDriverMSSQL'; LibraryName := 'dbxmss30.dll'; VendorLib := 'oledb'; Params := "whatever"; Delphi XE: ConnectionName := 'myConeccion'; ...

Web resources about - unknown driver: mssql when use ex7 for android - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Wikipedia:Upload/Unknown author or license - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook changed my name to my unknown birth name, not my current legal name... - Facebook-Hilfeforum ...
I provided Facebook with my original birth certificate and my name change certificate - instead they changed my name to my birth name which I ...

Parts Unknown (@PartsUnknownCNN) on Twitter

XCOM®: Enemy Unknown on the App Store on iTunes
Get XCOM®: Enemy Unknown on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Destination Unknown 4A3
jurvetson posted a photo: A cool remix of my launch photos and Asa's portrait by gsikich1 .

Brie who? The 'unknown' actress who won a Golden Globe
Fresh from winning a Golden Globe, Stephanie Bunbury meets Brie Larson, now nominated for an Oscar best actress for her role in Room.

Bernard Foley to embark into the unknown ahead of Super Rugby season
Bernard Foley acknowledges he is entering unknown territory as he prepares to soldier on playing after a stint in Japanese rugby.

"I’d forgotten a reality of the world of Twitter. It’s a different audience, an unknown-by-the-author ...
"... especially as a message gets passed around. Over the next few hours, outraged responses poured in by the metric ton. All of them were self-righteously ...

Soldiers Will Stand Guard at Tomb of Unknowns Through Historic Storm
... snowstorm bearing down on the nation’s capital is not stopping the small group of soldiers who continually stand guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns. ...

While DC Hides, The Old Guard Faces Down Jonas At The Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier
Despite blizzard Jonas bearing down, Sentinels maintain their watch over the Unknown Soldier