TQuery component does not work for me in Delphi Version 2010 [Edit]

Computer: Dell Inspiron 64 Bit. OS: Windows 7.
I have a Data Module with many Tables and DataSource components on it and they are working fine but I need to sum a column my TDBGrid and to do this I have put a TQuery on the Data Module with the following SQL (TStrings):

select sum(Parts."Ext") from Parts

When I click on the Active option I get the following error message:

"Permission denied.
File or directory does not exist.
File C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadareo\Rad Studio\7.0\bin\_QSQL000.DBF
Table does not exist..."

What am I doing wrong? Please advise.
(Please note that this works fine in V2009 on the same computer.)
0
Bob
12/14/2009 7:01:32 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bob Andrews wrote:

> File or directory does not exist.
> File C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadareo\Rad
> Studio\7.0\bin\_QSQL000.DBF Table does not exist..."

This is the answers.

Cesar Romero
0
Cesar
12/14/2009 7:03:36 PM
> {quote:title=Cesar Romero wrote:}{quote}
> Bob Andrews wrote:
>
> > File or directory does not exist.
> > File C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadareo\Rad
> > Studio\7.0\bin\_QSQL000.DBF Table does not exist..."
>
> This is the answers.
>

> Cesar Romero

What are you talking about? What is the answer?
0
Bob
12/14/2009 8:12:48 PM
Bob Andrews wrote:

> > > File or directory does not exist.
> > > File C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadareo\Rad
> > > Studio\7.0\bin\_QSQL000.DBF Table does not exist..."
> >
> > This is the answers.
> >

> > Cesar Romero
>
> What are you talking about? What is the answer?

The file your TQuery is pointing to do not exists.

Cesar Romero
0
Cesar
12/14/2009 9:43:58 PM
> {quote:title=Cesar Romero wrote:}{quote}

> > > This is the answers.
> > >

> > > Cesar Romero
> >
> > What are you talking about? What is the answer?
>
> The file your TQuery is pointing to do not exists.
>

> Cesar Romero

I do not think you know what you are talking about. Of course it it exsits. I reiterate, "It works with Delphi Version 2009 on the same computer." My question is why doesn't it work under V2010? Anyone else have a suggestion?
0
Bob
12/14/2009 10:01:01 PM
Bob Andrews wrote:

> Anyone else have a suggestion?

Yes. Posting database questions without clearly identifying
the data access components and database you are using is
most often an exercise in futility.<g> Based on what is in
your message I guess you are using the BDE and dBase tables
but you posted your question in the dbExpress newsgroup,
not the bde newsgroup so it is not clear what you are
really using.

If you are using the BDE and dBase tables it looks like the
BDE is unable to find and open a temporary table created
during query processing. That table should be in your BDE
private directory which should not be your RAD Studio bin
directory. You did not tell us if you are logged in as an
administrator or not so this could be a rights issue
accessing a file under the Program Files directory.

Are you saying that if you compile the same app in D2009
now you do not get the error?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
> Bob Andrews wrote:
>
> > Anyone else have a suggestion?
>
> Yes. Posting database questions without clearly identifying
> the data access components and database you are using is
> most often an exercise in futility.<g> Based on what is in
> your message I guess you are using the BDE and dBase tables
> but you posted your question in the dbExpress newsgroup,
> not the bde newsgroup so it is not clear what you are
> really using.
>
> If you are using the BDE and dBase tables it looks like the
> BDE is unable to find and open a temporary table created
> during query processing. That table should be in your BDE
> private directory which should not be your RAD Studio bin
> directory. You did not tell us if you are logged in as an
> administrator or not so this could be a rights issue
> accessing a file under the Program Files directory.
>
> Are you saying that if you compile the same app in D2009
> now you do not get the error?
>
> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)

Yes, that is what I am saying. It is the same the same database on the same computer, and I do not get an error message when I compile the same app in D2009. I did not intentionally post my question in the DBExpress newsgroup, it just put me there.  Thank you for replying. Now can you tell me why this is happening?

-Bob Andrews
0
Bob
12/14/2009 11:52:10 PM
Bob Andrews wrote:

> Thank you for replying. Now can you tell me why this is
> happening?

Sorry no. I have not heard of the problem you describe
before. If you do not get an answer here try posting in the
BDE newsgroup.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Re: ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:41:38 -0700, Krzysztof Szyszka wrote: Please don't advertise here. Moved to third-party.general https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=24038 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010! #2
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Is there a PDF viewer component installed with any version of Delphi ? [Edit]
Hi, I am looking for a component to display PDF files within my app. I don't need any editing capability, only displaying them like Adobe Reader does. I am using BDS 2006, I searched in the help file for PDF but did not find something that looked like a component for PDF viewing, so I was wondering if one is included and otherwise if one is available. Searching the net, I read that there is some sort of interface to the PDF reader dll used by Acrobat Reader. Having access to the dll would require Acrobat Reader to be installed - and that would be fine - but I could not find any...

delphi 2010 dbExpress data explorer broken [Edit]
I installed rad studio 2010 on a computer where I have rad studio 2007 & 2009 and while the dbexpress data explorer works in 2007 & 2009, it is broken in 2010. I get the dreaded error: Unable to cast object of type 'Borland.Data.TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader' to type 'Borland.Data.TDBXDriverLoader' How can I solve this? I tried to uninstall 2010 and then I re-installed it, I tried to modify/repair etc. Nothing works. I cannot believe someone in the team didn't try it. Thanks > {quote:title=costa basil wrote:}{quote} > I installed rad studio 2010 on a c...

Web resources about - TQuery component does not work for me in Delphi Version 2010 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Samsung announces big profits for Q3 2015, driven by components business
... So beneficial was the weakened won that it translated to quarterly gains of approximately 800 billion won ($705 million), primarily from component ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

OLEDWorks finalizes acquisition of key parts of Philips OLED light source components business
OLEDWorks has announced that it has completed the acquisition of key OLED assets and relevant intellectual property from Royal Philips. Manufacturing ...