Restore Delphi 2007 dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009

Over on another thread I mentioned that I was having problems with dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009.

It started that I noticed that Delphi 2007 was compiling against the newer version of dbxpress drivers (dbxmys.dll, rather than dbxmys30.dll).  This was spotted after testing an application on a colleagues machine that had the older driver, but not the newer.  The application was "pure" 2007.

This continued after uninstalling Delphi 2009.

It was suggested that Delphi 2009 had overwritten my +dbxdrivers.ini+ file - and looking at it that looks like the problem.  It was also suggested that there were similar threads - but search comes up blank

Applications run on my machine also ask for the newer driver, even if they were compiled against the old one - unless I move dbxdrivers.ini from the path.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  There's an awful lot to edit to revert the drivers file...
0
Dan
8/3/2009 10:05:49 AM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Dan Kelly wrote:}{quote}
> Over on another thread I mentioned that I was having problems with dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009.
>
> It started that I noticed that Delphi 2007 was compiling against the newer version of dbxpress drivers (dbxmys.dll, rather than dbxmys30.dll).  This was spotted after testing an application on a colleagues machine that had the older driver, but not the newer.  The application was "pure" 2007.
>
> This continued after uninstalling Delphi 2009.
>
> It was suggested that Delphi 2009 had overwritten my +dbxdrivers.ini+ file - and looking at it that looks like the problem.  It was also suggested that there were similar threads - but search comes up blank
>
> Applications run on my machine also ask for the newer driver, even if they were compiled against the old one - unless I move dbxdrivers.ini from the path.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?  There's an awful lot to edit to revert the drivers file...

Managed to find that there was a dbxdrivers backup file in the folder - switching to that fixed things.

Can we make 2009 and 2007 play nice together?
0
Dan
8/4/2009 12:34:41 PM
Dan Kelly wrote :

>> It started that I noticed that Delphi 2007 was compiling against the newer
>> version of dbxpress drivers (dbxmys.dll, rather than dbxmys30.dll).
>> [..]
>>
>> This continued after uninstalling Delphi 2009.
>>
>> It was suggested that Delphi 2009 had overwritten my +dbxdrivers.ini+ file -
>> and looking at it that looks like the problem.
>> [..]
>>
>> Applications run on my machine also ask for the newer driver, even if they
>> were compiled against the old one - unless I move dbxdrivers.ini from the
>> path.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to fix this?  There's an awful lot to edit to revert the
>> drivers file...
>
> [..]
> Can we make 2009 and 2007 play nice together?

You can change the location of the ini files for one of the IDEs and then tell
the IDE to use those. The registry entries for D2007 are in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\BDS\5.0\DBExpress

I don't know how would this effect the applications though.

Regards.
0
Sertac

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

DBExpress terrible performance when migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Hi, When I'm migrating my project from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007, I found that the speed slow down 3-4 times. I've started to investigate what is the reason of that and I've found that the problem is in the TSQLDataset component. So I make a simple example of an application that run one of my problem queries that fetches about 30000 rows and the result was amazing d7: 1500ms, d2007: 13500ms 8 times slower !!!! Here are some perameters of the TSQLConnection Delphi 7: object SQLConn: TSQLConnection ConnectionName = 'OracleConnection' DriverName = '...

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Best Place to get help on converting Delphi 2007 string to Delphi 2009
Where is the best place to get help on converting Delphi 2007 strings to Delphi 2009? The most common problem getting Delphi 7-Delphi 2007 components to compile seems to be caused by the new Unicode strings in Delphi 2009. It would be great if there was some place to go to get help with this. Maybe there should be a new group for String conversion where developers could ask short questions about conversion. For example: Delphi 7 - Delphi 2007 CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of Char; Compiles Delphi 2009 CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Web resources about - Restore Delphi 2007 dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress