mysql database, delphi 2010 and connection charset

Hi.

I want to write an application which will use a MySQL database. I made a basci connection and queries. Everything is ok, except viewing data from database on a website generated with php. I'm polish and using my national letters and this is problem. When i add text into database in my app written in delphi and then view it in app, everything is ok, national letter are correct. But, when i want to view this data on a website i see strange things where were national letters. Fields in database are defined i
n UTF-8, website uses UTF too. I can see on website data added from delphi only when i switch page encoding to Windows-1250, but then only text from database is correct, rest of page i messed up.

Is it possbile to configure connection in my app to send and receive data in UTF format? I want to have access to one of the tables both from website and from my application. How i can solve this?

(Sorry for my english, its not my native language)
0
Bartlomiej
4/5/2010 4:55:50 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how to do a simple MySQL connection with Delphi 2010? [Edit]
hello, what is the fastest way to make a connection to a MySQL database with Delphi 2010? i just have to do a few simple queries, like reading and writing to some tables. are there some code examples anywhere? until now i have used DirectSQL but it doesn't work with Delphi 2010 anymore. are there similar classes in Delphi 2010 already? thx for any help! Edited by: Thomas Schmidt on Oct 29, 2009 6:01 PM Edited by: Thomas Schmidt on Oct 29, 2009 6:02 PM Hi! In general you only need DBExpress. That is TSQLConnection, connect to it TSQLQuery, then connect that to TDatas...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 connection to AS/400 iSeries using dbexpress
I have tried several times to use the dbexpress drivers for connection to an iSeries V5/R4. I have downloaded the files from www.sawatzki.de and tried to run the test programs, but every time I run up my application I get an unknown driver CA400 error. I try changing the driver name and connections in the dbconnections.ini and dbxdrivers.ini so that it uses AS400 but this puts a unit into my project which I don't have. I gave up on this project due to lack of time and did the whole thing using dbGo and ADOConnections etc which got my project running in about 5 mins using a odbc connection...

SqlConnection not connect to database in Delphi XE 2(mysql).
SqlConnection not connect to database in Delphi XE 2(mysql). Note: The machine was installed with Delphi 2007. error: First chance exception at $7576D36F. Exception class TDBXError with message 'DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wrong version, or the driver may be missing from the system path.'. Process Project6.exe (5732) Help? Aldnet Brasil wrote: > SqlConnection not connect to database in Delphi XE 2(mysql). > Note: The machine was installed with Delphi 2007. > error: > First...

How do to connect database server with Delphi 7 and ASA dbexpress driver.
Hi. How do to connect database server? I used Borland Delphi, version 7 with driver dbExpress and ASA version 9. I only Connected in localhost. thank you It's been a while, but I believe there is a ConnectString property in the ASA dbExpress connection object. You can set the ConnectionString property when you develop your application using the IDE, or you can set it in code. Your ConnectionString can either be something like: uid=xxx;pwd=xxx;dsn=odbc_dsn_name or uid=xxx;pwd=xxx;links=tcpip(host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx);eng=xxxxxx In the first case, your ODBC DSN ...

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Web resources about - mysql database, delphi 2010 and connection charset - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...