How to solve dbx.sql in an unrecognized command type error

Hi All!

I created a testing project in which on server side there is SQLConnection component with MSSQL driver. I am using data snap server components to make it as server application.

On client side i dropped one SQLConnection with data snap driver, also I dropped TSqlQuery on the client side, and execute a query on the db of the client side that is connected with the server one.

but this operation gave me an error
"dbx.sql in an unrecognized command type"

Please note: TSqlQuery is connected to SQLConnection which is available in client side, which is using datasnap driver to connect to server applicatkon.

My objective is to Execute SQL query using TSQLQuery in the data snap client application.

So how can i do that?

Thanks in Advance.
0
Khalid
6/8/2015 4:08:01 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Remote error: dbx.metadataprovider is an unrecognized command type
On a local computer (32 bit Vista) I have installed an Oracle XE server of which I'm able to connect through sqldeveloper and ER/Studio DE and have been able to install the database model from ER/Studio. Then, using Delphi 2010, I follow Marco Cantu's video Datasnap Multi-Tier With Datasnap, but exchange some component name in the datasnap server. After a little struggling, it connects to the Oracke server and run it in non-debug mode or fire it separately. In the client I am able to connect, but, if I go to the Database express and define the connection to the server, it also connects ok, but, if I try to expand the table overview, I get the error message "Remote error: dbx.metadataprovider is an unrecognized command type" Anyone have some suggestion for what's wrong. Hi Alf, > Then, using Delphi 2010, I follow Marco Cantu's video Datasnap > Multi-Tier With Datasnap, but exchange some component name in the > datasnap server. If you changed the name of the exported TDataSetProvider, then it would be no surprise that the DataSnap Client can no longer connect to it (using the TDSProviderConnection component). I haven't tested this myself to see what the error message would be, however... What exactly did you change in the DataSnap server to make it fall over? > In the client I am able to connect, but, if I go to the Database express > and define the connection to the server, it also conn...

Delphi 2010 - dbExpress - SQL Server 2005
I am able to make the SQLConnection active in the D2010 runtime environment and as long as I leave the connection active, it works fine. I am able to run the application through Internet Explorer and retrieve data from my database. BUT, if I do not make the SQLConnection active in the runtime environment and attempt to open the connection programmatically, I get the following error: DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, or of the wrong version. I have copied the DBXDrivers.ini and DBXConnections.ini files in...

"SQL Error: Error mapping failed" with Delphi 6 Application and DBExpress
Im using Delphi 6, Firebird 2.x, dbExpress The problem is only with remote database connection and not with local connection. The following connection gives and error Database := MyServer:C:\DEMO.FDB But when locally connected i.e database in the same computer Database := C:\FBdatabases\dbAccounts.FDB Following solution from Firebird forun worked ----------------------------------------- Actually, the issue is inside Borland's DBX driver for InterBase. It's not very much compatible with Firebird. First of all, it uses some internal (metadata) queries in the...

Delphi XE2 - dbExpress
I am using dbExpress to access SQL Server 2005/2008 database. I have raised an error message from trigger / store procedure to my application. raiserror 99999 "MSG" By doing this I am getting exception like SQL State: 42000, SQL Error Code: 99999 MSG I have tried to fetch error code using below code but I am getting error code as 3604 not 99999. if (pErrorObj.ErrorCode = 99999) then ShowMessage('Error'); How to retrieve this error code (99999) and its message (MSG)? ...

Dbexpress with delphi xe --> DBX Error: Driver could be ....
I paste the object TSQLconection from dbexpress,fill all parameters DriverUnit=DBXMySQL DriverPackageLoader=TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader,DbxCommonDriver150.bpl DriverAssemblyLoader=Borland.Data.TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader,Borland.Data.DbxCommonDriver,Version=15.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b MetaDataPackageLoader=TDBXMySqlMetaDataCommandFactory,DbxMySQLDriver150.bpl MetaDataAssemblyLoader=Borland.Data.TDBXMySqlMetaDataCommandFactory,Borland.Data.DbxMySQLDriver,Version=15.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMYSQL LibraryName=dbxmys.dll VendorLib=LIBMYSQL.dll MaxBlobSize=-1 DriverName=MySQL HostName=localhost Database=prueba User_Name=usuario Password=clave ServerCharSet= BlobSize=-1 ErrorResourceFile= LocaleCode=0000 Compressed=False Encrypted=False ConnectTimeout=60 when put connect, send then error message : DBX Error: Driver could be properly initialized. Client library may by missing, not installed properly, of the wrong version, or the driver may be missing from the system path.. I have libmysql.dll from Mysql Server 5.0.45 and i copy it into windows\system32 and delphipath\bin and add a new path with this dll what is the problem. Thanks. Raul Benitez wrote: > I have libmysql.dll from Mysql Server 5.0.45 and i copy it into > windows\system32 and delphipath\bin and add a new path with this dll > > what is the problem. You need to use a 5.1.* libmysql.dll o...

RAD2010 dbExpress and Oracle 10g: DBX Error: Error code: -1
Hi to all, i try to deploy a small application who use dbExpress driver for make a connection to Oracle 10g express database. When the application run on my PC all work fine, but on my machine i have RAD2010 enterprise installed and Oracle 10g express server installed. From another PC on the same lan my application don't run, when try to make the connection to Oracle Server i see alwais the same error: DBX Error: Error code: -1 What does it mean this error? On the PC client i have: - installed Oracle 10g express Client driver and SQL*Plus run and i can connect my Oracle server...

Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command?
Do somebody know how long (in chars) script(command) can be solved by SQL Command? ThanksAles Ruzicka18 years old Czech student & cleaner :)interested in internet technologiesmyBlog In the case of SQL Server, your total command length must be no more than 8000 characters. It does indeed use sp_executesql, which imposes this limitation. Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

SQL Server Error: "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric"
I'm still quite new to SQL, and so I may be missing something quite obvious. Apologies in advance if that's the case. I've included my query at the bottom of the message as it is quite long; my problem is that I get "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric" when the first parameter to my COALESCE calls is not NULL. That is, the COALESCEs and the query work as I expect when SUM(cust_vw_actual.Actual) is NULL (they return 0.00), but if it isn't I get the error. I am also getting "Warning: Null value eliminated from aggregate.&...

Error with SQL command in Crystal
I have written an application that lets a user to add a crystal report and view it in the web rowser and share it with other users. It works for Oracle and SQL databases with no problems. But when I add a report that uses an SQL command, system prompts for the parameters and when I select the parameters and run the report, it gives me an error. So far I could not find a solution for this. Error in File C:\Temp\31-Jul-2008014857_TestVP-Run {56FEC4FE-BBC0-4F8B-80C2-78B4174C08A7}.rpt: The request could not be submitted for background processing. I checked for the file and folder and everythin...

What sql commands do I type in, If I do not have CodeSmith ?
I am trying to add a custom module that interfaces with Microsoft SQL.  In the Videos, they tell you to implement the CodeSmith Templates for SQL.  There is only one problem - I dont have CodeSmith, so can someone tell me what to type in?Thanks for yalls time :)Burt Gardner There is quite a lot to type in... did you read the module development documentation that comes with DotNetNuke?... furthermore, you can get the free version (2.6) of codesmith here: http://www.codesmithtools.com/freeware.aspx. The templates can be found at http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/cheers,erikErik van Bal...

Error while careating SQL Command
foreach (RCParameter stParam in RCParameters){ oCommand.Parameters.Add(stParam.Name, stParam.Type, stParam.Size); oCommand.Parameters[stParam.Name].Direction = stParam.Direction; oCommand.Parameters[stParam.Name].Precision = stParam.Precision; oCommand.Parameters[stParam.Name].Scale = stParam.Scale; oCommand.Parameters[stParam.Name].IsNullable = stParam.IsNullable;} It gives me an error for the following parameter, at the precision ?  the above code is in a try catch blocks, it goes to the catch block.does anyone have a clue why this cld b h...

Script. How to solve the error on this command?
Hello,I am trying to add a javascript block to a page in runtime.I am getting an error because I not setting the type but I don't know how to do it.My code is:    Dim urchinTracker As String = "<script type='text/javascript'>" & _                                  "_uacct = 'UA-XXXXX';" & _                                  "urchinTracker();" & _                                  "</script>"    If (Not ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("UrchinTracker")) Then            Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock("UrchinTracker", urchinTracker)   >> Problem is here    End IfBasically, I am adding the code for Google Analytics.Thanks,Miguel...

my sql command is giving me an error?
    An expression of non-boolean type specified in a context where a condition is expected, near ')'. I am trying to to do this.   SelectCommand="SELECT pickID, UserID, team1 FROM picks WHERE UserID = @UserID AND (SELECT team1 FROM picks WHERE team1 = @team1 Or team1 = @team2)"   cluce:WHERE UserID = @UserID AND (SELECT team1 .... In the second part of your WHERE clause, SQL is expecting something that resolves to true or false.  Instead you have a select statement.  Are you trying to use the IN clause?  (see online help for ...

SQL error in the command UPDATE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------4C4F6ABA3CA8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello While we were programing an application in sql, we've found an error in the command UPDATE. It wasn't possible to update a database entry, if we didn't change the primary key value at the same time. ERROR:"primary key for row in table 'department' is referenced in other table ". Please look at the added file in this mail, which shows you our problem with a demo database. We're thinking ...

error on testing sql command
Hi - I believe this is a simple quesiton.  I am getting the following error:  Error converting data type nvarchar to int.  on this line of code. int recordSaved = command.ExecuteNonQuery();  The microsoft docs state that ExecuteNonQuery returns the number of rows affected by the command.......what am I missing? Thanks in advanced Are you sure that this error is not occurring in the query? Is there anywhere in your query that a variable of type nvarchar is attempting to be converted to an int?Todd Casey, MCSD .NEThttp://www.dagrind.com The error is in your SQL....

ODBC error "Program type out of range" , SQL State S1003 : PB6.0--->MS SQL Server7.0 on WIN NT4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range The same type of profile & ODBC settings on the Win95 and Win98 clients doesn't give any problems.. Can somebody suggest a solution.. Thanx T. Sivakumar HCL Infosystems Ltd., Coimbatore tshiv@hotmail.com or hclpso@vsnl.com Please review postings within the last day or two, I've put the URL there for a fix. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support hclpso wrote: > Hi, > > I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service > Pack 4. > > Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine > NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 > > After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from > within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i > click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or > tables, I get an error message like > > SQLSTAT...

Error: Unrecognized Command: : STAR
Hello, I'm using Delphi XE2 and IntraWeb 12.1.5. After upgrading IntraWeb from 12.0 to 12.1.5 i always get the above error when launching the browser, regardless which project is used. I think the problem is somewhere in the upgrade process, but i can't figure out what to do. Can someone please help me? Hi, > After upgrading IntraWeb from 12.0 to 12.1.5 i always get the above error > when launching the browser, regardless which project is used. I think the > problem is somewhere in the upgrade process, but i can't figure out what to > do. Same question. I'm migrating from IW 10. Best regards, A.R. On 11/17/2011 7:30 AM, Dennis Wegener wrote: > Hello, > I'm using Delphi XE2 and IntraWeb 12.1.5. > > After upgrading IntraWeb from 12.0 to 12.1.5 i always get the above error when launching the browser, regardless which project is used. > I think the problem is somewhere in the upgrade process, but i can't figure out what to do. Does this happen wtih all browsers or just one? The url is START not STAR. Hi, > Does this happen wtih all browsers or just one? Both IE and FF. >The url is START not STAR. Sorry, but the exception message is : "Unrecognized Command: : STAR" (and not START : maybe there is a typo in the IW code for this version ?). Best regards, A.R. > {quote:title=Chad Hower wrote:}{quote} > Does this happen wtih all browsers or just ...

SQL error in the command UPDATE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------30BC6D847EF2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello While we were programing an application in sql, we've found an error in the command UPDATE. It wasn't possible to update a database entry, if we didn't change the primary key value at the same time. ERROR:"primary key for row in table 'department' is referenced in other table ". Please look at the added file in this mail, which shows you our problem with a demo database. We're thinking i...

Sql Types
SQL Server 2000, ASP.Net 1.1 I've been writing this stuff for a while, and can't seem to come to the conclusion of how I should be retrieving data and assigning this data to variables. Since i'm using SQL Server, I'm convinced that I should be using the datareaders GetSqlDouble (or whatever) function, but this would mean i need my local variables to be one of the SQL types.  The problem with that is, that there will have to be lots of conversions done by me to be able to use a SQL type in my application. For instance, I have a class where i'm retrieving dates.  In or...

INSERT data into SQL table... TableAdapter Commands or SQL Commands? Which is best?
I've been working on some unbound data forms, and trying to decide what is best when inserting and/or updating a record into a SQL table.    I can successfully use SQL commands to insert data from VS2008 into a sql table on the server, doing something such as... Dim conn As New SqlConnection("server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourDatabaseName")Using conn conn.Open() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("UPDATE tableName SET folderName = @folder WHERE id = @id", conn) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@folder", txtFolder.Te...

SQL Help to solve -187 error
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I am building the following trigger to update the summary columns of the parent table (inventory summary) whenever a new row is inserted in the child table (inventory transaction). In order to do this, I need to retrieve the current values from the parent and apply the changes from child and then update the parent. The code below returns a -187 error when executing the SELECT statement to retrieve the current values from the parent . I don't understand why. Is my approach flawed ? Thanks =============================================...

Capturing SQL error codes in Delphi
Anyone know if it is possible to get the SQLERROR or SQLSTATE codes back in Delphi? After an error, you can issue the following queries. select SQLCODE or select SQLSTATE Chris Dean Wooldridge wrote: > Anyone know if it is possible to get the SQLERROR or SQLSTATE codes back in > Delphi? >Anyone know if it is possible to get the SQLERROR or SQLSTATE codes back in >Delphi? There may be more direct ways, but you could always SELECT SQLSTATE INTO somevariable; But keep in mind that this must be the first statement following the failure, as ...

Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown in procedure
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I test my procedure in SQL interactive but got error: -------------------------------------------------------- Error at line 1 Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -104 Token unknown - line 5, char 3 : SQL - CREATE PROCEDURE CreateNewSystem(NewSystemID VarChar(10), CurrentSelection Int, NewSystemName VarChar(20), CheckChild Boolean) AS DECLARE VARIABLE LeftRightValue INTEGER; begin IF :CheckChild THEN SELECT LeftRightValue = lft FROM "MEP_SYSTEMS" WHERE category_id=:CurrentSelection; ELSE SELECT LeftRightValue = rgt FROM "MEP_...

error: ODBC to SQL Anywhere (Delphi)
when I try to connect from an ISAPI app to a SQLAnywhere database using TDataBase (BDE) I got this error: General SQL error. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed Alias: _IXF_DB_ any body know what I'm doing wrong? --- &*&%##%^$^#))00 guru meditation error --- Ioan Ghip What version of SQL ANywhere? This sounds vaguely familiar from a long time ago. >when I try to connect from an ISAPI app to a SQLAnywhere database using >TDataBase (BDE) I got this error: >General SQL error. [Microsoft][ODBC ...

Web resources about - How to solve dbx.sql in an unrecognized command type error - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

List of states with limited recognition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some contemporary geopolitical entities that wish to be recognised as de jure sovereign states have been hindered by a lack of diplomatic recognition ...

Workplace depression often goes unrecognized: study
Canadians and their co-workers might be depressed and not realize they need help, according to a report on workplace health.

Dark Eyes: "I feel nothing for their game, where beauty goes unrecognized..."
... purposes They tell me revenge is sweet and from where they stand, I'm sure it is But I feel nothing for their game, where beauty goes unrecognized ...

BLDGBLOG: Unrecognized for what they are
architectural conjecture :: urban speculation :: landscape futures

Clinton Goes Unrecognized At Chipotle
The Clinton campaign stopped for lunch at a Chipotle in suburban Ohio yesterday and the press is making a big deal because nobody there recognized ...

American Dream alive, but unrecognized
Only 25 percent of adults reported in the survey that they have been able to "make a lot of money" in their life.

Hillary Clinton goes unrecognized at Chipotle
... the restaurant's staff didn't recognize her. Breaking News CNN Sign in MyCNN 2016 Washington Nation World Our Team Hillary Clinton goes unrecognized ...

Washington’s Uncontrolled Spending Is Republicans’ Unrecognized Opportunity
Obama released his 'legacy budget' this week, but his budget legacy is already written.

Two Unrecognized Hall Of Fame Shortstops
This article is dedicated to the memory of the late Clem Comly, who did more than anyone to put together the Retrosheet.org public database of ...

That Time Jennifer Aniston Went Unrecognized...at Target! "It Was Pretty Awesome!"
You'd think Jennifer Aniston would have to go to the most remote place on Earth to find people wh...