Delphi XE3 "Connection is busy with results for another command"

Hi,

I have a little program in DelphiXE3 connecting to MSSQL Sqlexpress 2012 that uses three DbExpress parametrized querys connected to a TSQLConnection that has these parameters:

DriverName=MSSQL
GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMSSQL
LibraryName=dbxmss.dll
VendorLib=sqlncli10.dll

The querys open cascade and when I try to open the last one I get a "TDBXError with message Connection is busy with results for another command"

If I use the same program connecting to Firebird, Informix or Oracle databases I dont have this trouble.

Any help will be appreciated,

Hernando.
0
Hernando
1/25/2014 5:03:43 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would start here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822668

Hernando Duque wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little program in DelphiXE3 connecting to MSSQL Sqlexpress 2012 that uses three DbExpress parametrized querys connected to a TSQLConnection that has these parameters:
>
> DriverName=MSSQL
> GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMSSQL
> LibraryName=dbxmss.dll
> VendorLib=sqlncli10.dll
>
> The querys open cascade and when I try to open the last one I get a "TDBXError with message Connection is busy with results for another command"
>
> If I use the same program connecting to Firebird, Informix or Oracle databases I dont have this trouble.
>
> Any help will be appreciated,
>
> Hernando.

0
quinn
1/27/2014 6:27:31 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> I would start here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822668
>
> Hernando Duque wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a little program in DelphiXE3 connecting to MSSQL Sqlexpress 2012 that uses three DbExpress parametrized querys connected to a TSQLConnection that has these parameters:
> >
> > DriverName=MSSQL
> > GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMSSQL
> > LibraryName=dbxmss.dll
> > VendorLib=sqlncli10.dll
> >
> > The querys open cascade and when I try to open the last one I get a "TDBXError with message Connection is busy with results for another command"
> >
> > If I use the same program connecting to Firebird, Informix or Oracle databases I dont have this trouble.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated,
> >
> > Hernando.

Sorry but your link is useless because it points to a MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 that fixes nothing to SQL Server 2012 that is the focus in this post.

Hernando.
0
Hernando
1/28/2014 6:46:05 PM
Hernando Duque wrote:
> Sorry but your link is useless because it points to a MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 that fixes nothing to SQL Server 2012 that is the focus in this post.

OK, then Google for "Connection is busy with results for another
command". You should find many links. The problem appears to be server
related to me and not specific to DB Express.
0
quinn
1/28/2014 10:03:33 PM
For those watching this thread:

> The querys open cascade and when I try to open the last one I get a "TDBXError with message Connection is busy with results for another command"

This error occurs because It seems to be that MS SQL Server needs to be parameterized setting "Multiple Active Result Sets" to TRUE for handling several simultaneous data set opened. The way to do this in the TSQLConnection is adding the parameter:

SQLConnection1.Params.Add('Mars_Connection=True');

Regards,

Hernando.
0
Hernando

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

Delphi 2007 assert
The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 Any way I can patch this out? CodeGear™ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 El 18/01/2014 21:48, Michael Leahy escribió: > The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... > > "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 > > Any way I can patch this out? > > CodeGear™ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 > An unofficial fix fo...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

Is there a Delphi XE3 "Built with" Logo available?
We require a Delphi XE3 "Built with" or "Powered by" logo. I've seen the XE2 logo, but need XE3. If there is one, where is it? Thanks. Raymond Raymond Kennington wrote: > We require a Delphi XE3 "Built with" or "Powered by" logo. > > I've seen the XE2 logo, but need XE3. > > If there is one, where is it? > > Thanks. > > Raymond > I found them and posted them in the Attachments forum. I do see there are CC articles for XE and XE2, so I'll request a CC article get posted for these as...

Problems with the "stop" command! with Intraweb for Delphi
Hi, Using Intraweb for Delphi in standalone mode, I noticed that when passed URL http://ipaddress:port/$/stop the program crashes, the browser returns this message "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000" and can no longer be accepted other sessions. How can I prevent the "stop" command? Thanks SAGT3K ...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

Delphi XE3 "Built with" Logo available where? or not yet?
Thanks. Raymond ...

"Connection closed gracefully" on computers where Delphi is not installed
Hello dear programmers, I am experiencing a problem with an email client application I made using indy TIdSMTP: I didn't experience problems on development computers, where there's Delphi installed. On other computers, while sending mail I get this exception: "Connection closed gracefully" and email is not sent. Maybe I should include some package? Thanks in advance. <Flavio Foglia> wrote in message news:297116@forums.embarcadero.com... > I am experiencing a problem with an email client application I made using > indy TIdSMTP: Which versions of...

First use of XE7, "Delphi Package Output Directory", "path is too long"
I have been using Delphi 2010, and also had XE2 installed (but never used it). Yesterday I purchased the Delphi XE7 update, and installed it. Upon first launch, I got this dialog: {code} Warning [window title] Your current Delphi Package Output Directory is not part of your system path. In order to use runtime packages that are built into this directory, this directory needs to be on your path. However, it appears that your current system path is too long. Please manually edit your system path to remove unnecessary items and/or include this directory. Directory to be added: c:\User...

command. "rm" "lsattr"
I've tried to delete my / tmp / directory white "rm" but without luck. I have the following with "lsattr" tried to look at the files I can not delete. but I do not understand the attribute e "e--------------. / ​​plugtmp" or whatever it is denying me access to other files lsattr: Adgang nægtet While reading flags on ./luxh2ybf.tmp lsattr: Adgang nægtet While reading flags on ./luxh302n.tmp -------------e- ./plugtmp -------------e- ./virtual-hans.7Owu4o lsattr: Adgang nægtet While reading flags on ./luxh302e.tmp lsattr: Adgang n...

Web resources about - Delphi XE3 "Connection is busy with results for another command" - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress