DBExpress terrible performance when migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007

Hi,

When I'm migrating my project from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007, I found that the speed slow down 3-4 times. I've started to investigate what is the reason of that and I've found that the problem is in the TSQLDataset component. So I make a simple example of an application that run one of my problem queries that fetches about 30000 rows  and the result was amazing d7: 1500ms, d2007: 13500ms  8 times slower !!!!

Here are some perameters of the TSQLConnection

Delphi 7:

  object SQLConn: TSQLConnection
    ConnectionName = 'OracleConnection'
    DriverName = 'Oracle'
    GetDriverFunc = 'getSQLDriverORACLE'
    LibraryName = 'dbexpora.dll'
    LoginPrompt = False
    Params.Strings = (
      'DriverName=Oracle'
      'DataBase=****************'
      'User_Name=******************'
      'Password=**************'
      'RowsetSize=20'
      'BlobSize=-1'
      'ErrorResourceFile='
      'LocaleCode=0000'
      'Oracle TransIsolation=ReadCommited'
      'OS Authentication=False'
      'Multiple Transaction=False'
      'Trim Char=False')
    VendorLib = 'oci.dll'
    Left = 20
    Top = 25
  end

Delphi 2007:

  object SQLConn: TSQLConnection
    DriverName = 'Oracle'
    GetDriverFunc = 'getSQLDriverORACLE'
    LibraryName = 'dbxora30.dll'
    LoginPrompt = False
    Params.Strings = (
      'DriverUnit=DBXDynalink'

        'DriverPackageLoader=TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader,DBXDynalinkDriver10' +
        '0.bpl'
      'DriverPackage=DBXCommonDriver110.bpl'

        'DriverAssemblyLoader=Borland.Data.TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader,Borla' +
        'nd.Data.DbxDynalinkDriver,Version=11.0.5000.0,Culture=neutral,Pu' +
        'blicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b'

        'DriverAssembly=Borland.Data.DbxCommonDriver,Version=11.0.5000.0,' +
        'Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=a91a7c5705831a4f'
      'DataBase=************************'
      'User_Name=**********************'
      'Password=*************************'
      'BlobSize=-1'
      'ErrorResourceFile='
      'LocaleCode=0000'
      'Oracle TransIsolation=ReadCommited'
      'RowsetSize=20'
      'OS Authentication=False'
      'Multiple Transaction=False'
      'Trim Char=False'
      'Decimal Separator=.'

        'MetaDataPackageLoader=TDBXOracleMetaDataCommandFactory,DbxReadOn' +
        'lyMetaData100.bpl'

        'MetaDataAssemblyLoader=Borland.Data.TDBXOracleMetaDataCommandFac' +
        'tory,Borland.Data.DbxReadOnlyMetaData,Version=11.0.5000.0,Cultur' +
        'e=neutral,PublicKeyToken=91d62ebb5b0d1b1b')
    VendorLib = 'oci.dll'
    Left = 20
    Top = 25
  end

And the Source is:

var
  aCnt : Cardinal;
begin
  aCnt := GetTickCount;
  SQLDataSet2.Close;
  SQLDataSet2.Open;
  while not SQLDataSet2.Eof do
  begin
    SQLDataSet2.Next;
  end;
  aCnt := GetTickCount - aCnt;
  ShowMessage(IntToStr(aCnt));
end;

What is the reason this kind of data fetch to be so slow?
0
iliya
9/14/2009 11:19:39 AM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1....

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end;...

What we need to learn as we migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2012
As we prepare to move from Delphi 2007 to the Delphi of next summer/fall, and 64bit some day, we are looking for a list of improvements to Delphi (from IDE to the language) that have been done from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE, as well as any planned ones for the next version. We understand the daunting migration to Unicode that awaits us but know that we have missed some "new and improved" items where we have to get all our developers up to speed on that may not be related to Unicode. So, we will need to plan some training before we jump in. Is there such a list out ...

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Web resources about - DBExpress terrible performance when migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007 - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Master & Dynamic MW60 wireless headphones offer style and performance
Priced at £419 (€579/$549), there's no denying that Master & Dynamic's wireless MW60 headphones are expensive—but boy do they look it. Cast out ...

Consumers value this in-car technology more than driving performance
... by the infotainment screen has been growing over the past year. In fact, consumers value in-car technology more than the car's driving performance, ...

Restaurant Performance Index indicates faster expansion in October
Here is a minor indicator I follow from the National Restaurant Association: Restaurant Performance Index Rose in October Driven by stronger ...

Daisy Ridley: On my first day, JJ Abrams said ‘my performance was wooden’
... was petrified. I thought I was gonna have a panic attack on the first day. JJ [Abrams] … he probably doesn’t remember telling me that my performance ...

Study: Airlines Padded Flight Schedules To Improve On-Time Performance Stats
... and packages to their destination safely and on time,” the spokesperson said. Are airlines padding flight times to improve on-time performance? ...

‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
One of the tracks Daniel Pemberton composed for awards contender Steve Jobs is ‘Circus of Machines’. The operatic piece that was performed last ...

Did Nicki Minaj Throw Shade at Jennifer Lopez for 'Anaconda' Performance at the AMAs?
When J.Lo broke out into a rendition of Nicki's hit, the 'Pinkprint' singer did not look impressed.

Supercomputing Trends: Performance Lags, China Rises, Cray Gains
While the overall performance of systems continues to increase, that growth continues to slow. We look at these and other supercomputing trends. ...

AMD’s new Radeon Crimson software crushes Catalyst, boosts performance
AMD has launched a complete overhaul of its driver stack today, with new performance boosting features, per-game overclocking, shader cache support, ...