dbexpress sqlite unable to open database file [Edit]

I m use delphi x6 trial,  i m create a simple application with firemonkey desktop, and create withs sqlitemanager a database test1.sqlite3

i m adding a form with component dbexpress: sqlconnection1! the path is c\utenti\utente\desktop and database test1.sqlite3   test is ok. i am addind table1 where sqlconnection = sqlconnection1, so i m addind datasetprovider1 and set property daset = table1,so i a m adding clientadaset adn set property providername= datasetprovider1 and property active = true, so addind datasource where property dataset = clientadaset1. so right click on clientdaset and select bind visual, create a link to Tstringgrid.., a
 design time tstring have record of the table,when run(f9).., this comparare this error "unable to open database file" why?

Edited by: Marcello Orrù on Jun 1, 2014 8:37 AM
-1
Utf
6/1/2014 3:37:27 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would start here:
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/NewbieMistakes#DjangosaysUnabletoOpenDatabaseFilewhenusingSQLite3

Marcello Orrù wrote:
> I m use delphi x6 trial,  i m create a simple application with firemonkey desktop, and create withs sqlitemanager a database test1.sqlite3
>
> i m adding a form with component dbexpress: sqlconnection1! the path is c\utenti\utente\desktop and database test1.sqlite3   test is ok. i am addind table1 where sqlconnection = sqlconnection1, so i m addind datasetprovider1 and set property daset = table1,so i a m adding clientadaset adn set property providername= datasetprovider1 and property active = true, so addind datasource where property dataset = clientadaset1. so right click on clientdaset and select bind visual, create a link to Tstringgrid..,
>   design time tstring have record of the table,when run(f9).., this comparare this error "unable to open database file" why?
>
> Edited by: Marcello Orrù on Jun 1, 2014 8:37 AM

-1
quinn

[FireDAC][Phys][SQLite]ERROR:unable to open database file. [Edit]
hi, I encountered a problem。 I basically created a page according to the APP.( [page address|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Mobile_Tutorial:_Using_FireDAC_in_Mobile_Applications_(iOS_and_Android)] ) After the deployment is complete compilation。 Running on the phone when the error message [FireDAC][Phys][SQLite]ERROR:unable to open database file. thank you Source Code: implementation {$R *.fmx} procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin if edit1.Text='' then begin label1.Text := 'not null'; edit1.SetFocus; ...

Unable to open the physical file. Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
PLEASE TELL ME A SOLUTION.... Server Error in '/PS' Application. The '/PS' is virtual directory of Local Host.Unable to open the physical file "G:\Personal Site Kit\App_Data\personal.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file G:\Personal Site Kit\App_Data\personal.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review th...

Opening up a PAS file opens up another instance of Delphi XE IDE... [Edit]
Here's the problem: When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is currently open? Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM > Here's the problem: > When I double click on a .Pas file. a new Delphi XE IDE opens up. > Is there a way to open up the file inside of the Delphi XE IDE that is > currently open? > > Edited by: Joseph Trapani on Jan 31, 2012 4:04 PM Drag and drop the file onto the IDE? BTW: I have my .PAS files set to open in a text editor ...

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Greetings, I have just arrived back into the country (NZ) and back into ASP.NET.  I am having trouble with the following:An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. It has only begun since i decided i wanted to use IIS, I realise VWD comes with its own localhost, but since it is only temporary, i wanted a permanent shortcut on my desktop to link to my intranet page.  Anyone have any ideas why i am getting the above error? have...

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'PROGRAM FILES (X86)\FASTREPORT [Edit]
Hello, i managed to compile all source-code files of a larger project with bcc64 (C++Builder4Update1). After fixing a lot of code producing bbc64 and ilink64 errors I get now: [ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'PROGRAM FILES (X86)\FASTREPORTS\LIBD18X64;C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\RAD STUDIO\11.0\DCP\WIN64' I don't use FastReports! The whole project can be build with bcc32 and ilink32 without problem. (beside ) The output of ilink64 in the IDE is attached. Can someone give me a hint? The path "C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\LibD18x64" is adde...

SQLite unable to open database at runtime
I am able to open an SQLite database in design and view data in the grid. However when I run the program I get the following error msg: exception class TDBXerror ... unable to open database. I also tried to code the database name in the OnCreate event using the following code SQLConnection1.ConnectionName:= 'D:\Library.db3'; SQLConnection1.Connected:= true; SQLConnection1.KeepConnection:= true; I still get the same error message. This is my first attempt at using Firemonkey and SQLite. I am sure there is something here I don't understand. What I am doing wrong? Ge...

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file .../App_Data\Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
I am trying to display data on an asp page from a sql express database that is in the app_data folder however when trying to run the application I get the above error. I also get the error when I right click on the asp page from within the IIS website. But when when I right click the asp page from with VS and select 'view in browser' it displays fine!I have tried setting the ACL for the App_Data folder for mymachine\ASPNET  to R/W as well as for the *.mdf and *.ldf file  to no avail.What am I missing here?...

Distributing Delphi XE dbExpress App
Ok - I am trying to get an applicaiton written in Delphi XE - using dbExpress to work on another machine.... I am working with Delphi Enterprise - XE - on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I am distributing to a Win 7 32 bit... So - from what I can see - I need to distribute the following: My application EXE :) dbxmss.dll sqlncli10.dll - SQL 2008 client dll What other files are required? IS there a document where I can read up on what needs to be distributed with my app? I use MidasLib - so I do not have to distribute Midas.dll. Any thoughts? Bradley MacDonald ...

"unable to find DBexpress configuration files"
I've installed Delphi 2007 upgrade (previously Delphi 2006, Delphi7) on an XP Pro platform. I'm not sure the installation of 2007 was a clean installation, and so I uninstalled and then reinstalled. My problem is the message "unable to find DBexpress configuration files" under the dbExpress tag in the Data Explorer. Also in Data Explorer when looking at the databases engines available there's only dbExpress and ado.net. Under D2006, for DBExpress I have MySQL, Interbase and ASA. In particular I want to see dbExpress showing Blackfish. I've checked C:...

delphi 2010 dbExpress data explorer broken [Edit]
I installed rad studio 2010 on a computer where I have rad studio 2007 & 2009 and while the dbexpress data explorer works in 2007 & 2009, it is broken in 2010. I get the dreaded error: Unable to cast object of type 'Borland.Data.TDBXDynalinkDriverLoader' to type 'Borland.Data.TDBXDriverLoader' How can I solve this? I tried to uninstall 2010 and then I re-installed it, I tried to modify/repair etc. Nothing works. I cannot believe someone in the team didn't try it. Thanks > {quote:title=costa basil wrote:}{quote} > I installed rad studio 2010 on a c...

New to DBExpression and unable to load libmysql.dll [Edit]
Hi I have difficulty getting the codes to work. I am using Delphi 7, MySQL 5, dbexpress. My program is simple: 1) read the registers of ODBC for the name of database and server 2) With the values of registry, test the connection to DB Here I have 3 controls:- edit for the name of DSN, btn_DSN to start testing and btn_Stop to close the program. Here:- {code} unit testDB_DSN; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls, ColorButton, Registry, checkDSN_DB, DBXpress, DB, SqlExpr; type TForm1 = clas...

Cant connect to Sqlite with DbExpress or FireDac, what am I doing wrong [Edit]
Hi All, Have up till now developed using Delphi XE3 TadoConnection -> Msaccess Jet.oledb.4 Tdatasource - TAdoQuery TAdoQuery - TAdoconnection Use DBEdit and DGrid and all works well, but would now like to change to Sqlilte and have treid a number of Guides with DBExpress and Firedac and the only thing that sort of worked was a Youtube guide from Alister Christie using DBExpress BUT as soon as try to Add a TsqlQuery to pullup the data, I can get the Query to access the data BUT the Dbedit fields are NOT editable !!!!!!!, The guide I was following was: TsqlConnection - SQLite DB TSql...

Data Explorer: Unable to find dbExpress configuration files
Hi, My computer crashed (disk error) and I am having to start with a fresh install of Windows which naturally means I am having to re-install all of my applications include XE6 (architect). I installed XE6 with UPD1 from the downloaded ISO file. All seemed to go and XE6 starts up without issue BUT in Data Explorer pane, under the dbExpress entry there is the text: "Unable to find dbExpress configuration files" Is this normal or did something go wrong in the installation? Thanks! Hello? Anybody? Does anyone else have this issue? Perhaps it is normal? Th...

Building XE2 Project unable to open file [Edit]
Hi, Upgrade from XE to XE2 Does anybody has a clue, why I got this message: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'CLIPBRD.OBJ' {code} I checked about clipbrd, it is used in nearly every obj I have but there is no reference or link to CLIPBRD. Why is te linker getting this error?? Please help me, Br Stefan Edited by: Stefan Brummel on Jun 1, 2012 3:08 PM Hi Again, Now I have completly recreated my project, and for the first step I added all my forms to a new project. The first step what I did, was to create a runtime able application, this wa...

Web resources about - dbexpress sqlite unable to open database file [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Delphi (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi's compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal and generate native code for several platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows , 32-bit ...

Latest apps in Browsers, Devart and Free to try - CNET Australia
CNET CNET Australia CNET is available in the following editions: Asia Australia China France Germany Japan United Kingdom USA Home Phones Computers ...

Software Development - ZDNet
New frameworks are emerging to give developers multiple tools to invent the future.

dbForge Fusion for SQL Server - Whatsnew
New features in the latest version of dbForge Fusion for SQL Server plugin for Visual Studio.

Solution Wizard - Easysoft.com
Products Services Solutions Support OEM Company Blog Easysoft Data Access Solution Wizard CONNECT FROM (CLIENT) Select ONE of the following options: ...

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Borland Delphi 6 Developer's Guide - Steve Teixeira, Xavier Pacheco - Google Books
... Delphi 6 Developer's Guide is completely updated for Delphi 6 and includes in-depth coverage on Borland's new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, ...

Te Waka o Pascal · EULA Change: No Client/Server in XE3 Pro. Not even 3rd Party.
I don’t enjoy posting this news. I really don’t. I had hoped that my next post would be a more positive report following the Auckland leg of ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi was originally developed by Borland as a rapid application development tool for Windows, and as the successor of Borland Pascal . Delphi ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To create applications for managed code platforms, a similar (but not mutually compatible) alternative is Delphi Prism . Delphi was originally ...