"SQL Error: Error mapping failed" with Delphi 6 Application and DBExpress

Im using Delphi 6, Firebird 2.x, dbExpress

The problem is only with remote database connection and not with local
connection.

The following connection gives and error
    Database := MyServer:C:\DEMO.FDB
But when locally connected i.e database in the same computer
    Database := C:\FBdatabases\dbAccounts.FDB

Following solution from Firebird forun worked
Actually, the issue is inside Borland's DBX driver for InterBase. It's
not very much compatible with Firebird. First of all, it uses some
internal (metadata) queries in the syntax FB dislikes, thus causing an
error. Second, it seems to handle the API errors improperly and this is
exactly the difference between FB v2.0 and v2.1. If you'd try e.g. the
Upscene DBX driver for Firebird, you'd notice that all test cases work
correctly with both FB v2.0 and v2.1. As for the Borland's driver, the
only suggestion I have is to turn off the "Get Metadata" property of
TSQLDataSet.

But I cant apply updates using TClientdataset. What can be done to
overcome this issue ?

Thanks in advance
0
Thatchina
11/3/2009 6:11:28 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SQL statement failed: (-305) I/O error Fatal error: A disk read from file "SomeDatabase.db" failed with error code: (38)
SQL Anywhere 10.0.1.3831 E. 2009-09-11 21:55:41. SQL statement failed: (-305) I/O error Fatal error: A disk read from file "D:\FHMSL\iFHMS\Data\Feedlot111.db" failed with error code: (38) -- transaction rolled back E. 2009-09-11 21:55:41. Error while executing hook procedure sp_hook_dbmlsync_end. Received this error while running a proc during sync. Tried to validate the db in Sybase Central resulting in the same error. I saw the post at http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/b5d958904160e576?fwc=1 and am wondering if th...

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

Asp.Net
Dear all, i have developed a test page with master page and report viewer control,and 3 reports, with .Net Framework 2.0, visual studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. The report viewer i use will show a report, with drill through to show a second report, and then from the second report to the third. The problem is whenever i try to navigate from second report to show the third report using drill through (using Navigation , Jump To Report), i keep on getting the following error which is "Failed to load viewstate". Further more, whenever i navigate from first report to second repo...

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

(dbExpress+Firebird)MyAppServer raise error"Assertion failed: pszNativeSQL" [Edit]
DataBase: Firebird 2.1.3 My AppServer: DBX4 + DataSnap Error Message: Assertion failed: pszNativeSQL, file ..\..\ib\sqld\ibcomm.cc, line 815 I can not determine what caused the error. (Already know that this is not a Firebird error.) help me, Please give me some suggestions, thanks! Edited by: Tong Yu on Sep 9, 2010 6:53 AM Edited by: Tong Yu on Sep 20, 2010 10:35 AM I found, Is DBXfb.dll raise assertion error, I would like to know the specific assertions in the ibcomm.cc line 815 What is the content? help me, please! Edited by: Tong Yu on Sep 18, 2010 7:59 PM ...

"AUTO FAIL" and "NO MEMORY" errors
When I try to load GroupWise 7.0.1 agents on a couple of my servers, they don't load and there is serveral "AUTO FAIL" and "NO MEMORY" errors. GroupWise is the only thing that I load on the server and it as 3 gigs of memory. There is also cluster services installed. Did anybody experienced this problem? Yann Laplante wrote: > When I try to load GroupWise 7.0.1 agents on a couple of my servers, > they don't load and there is serveral "AUTO FAIL" and "NO MEMORY" > errors. GroupWise is the only thing that I load on the server an...

"APWA Error
Hi, I am getting the below "APWA Error - Provisioning Application error" while trying to make use of a resource from the "Request & Approvals" tab in user application. --> com.novell.srvprv.apwa.APWAException: failed to obtain Provisioning Request Resource last at com.novell.srvpv.apwa.actions.GetResourceList.sortList... I searched in the forums, and found that a SR was going to be raised for a similar error. Can anyone please tell me about how to go on with this issue? Thanks, mvrk -- mvrk ----------------------------------------------...

Server Error in "/" Application Runtime Error.
I m geting the following error in ASP.Net applin while updating a value . Server Error in "/" Application Runtime Error. Description: An application error occured on the server. very often i m getting this server error.   Please kindly help me to resolve it.   Can you give more detail on the error so that we can help youVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

"Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004"
Hi Just setup iPrint on the server and tried to install the printer to the laptop and got the following message: Error code:11004 Error message: Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the database, but its associated data is not correct. Error group: WINSOCK Error code:11004 Anyone know what associated data it is referring to? Thanks in advance -- iangh2 A quick Google found this on http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm WSANO_DATA (11004) Valid name, no data record of requested type Berkeley description: The requested name is valid, but does not hav...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

FAQ #6. I get an "Assertion Failed: Duplicate use of ID "XXX" for object of type YYY.ZZZ" error
I've tried the temporary fix. It removes the Assertion Failed message, but if I click on the target control to relaunch the popup, I get : A Runtime Error has occurred.Do you wish to Debug? Line:191Error: '_popupBahavior' is null or not an object     Note: Sample code in post http://forums.asp.net/thread/1291795.aspx; will reply there instead.http://blogs.msdn.com/DelayThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

You may receive the Error Message "Server Error in '/application name' Application" while browsing an asp.net application
You may receive the following error message while browsing an asp.net application "Server Error in '/application name' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error mes...

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

Error "Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value setting datetime field value" with TADOQuery and TDateTime (Delphi XE2)
Hello all, I've created an application which should do some automated tasks. When I run the application normally (as admin on a Window Server 2008 R2 x64 + MSSQL Server 2008 R2) everything works just fine. But whe I run the application a a 'sceduled taks' (with a different Windows User account), I get the following error when I modify a datetime field of a SQL query and I try to post the record Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value setting datetime field value This is what I do (not exact query...): procedure Edit(aConn: T...

Web resources about - "SQL Error: Error mapping failed" with Delphi 6 Application and DBExpress - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress