Table edit

Casually I found that if Table1.edit line of code is written "before" Table1.First, Table exit from  Edit Mode.
Can someone confirm the above and tell more about why ? Thanks
0
Manlio

Manlio Laschena wrote:

> Casually I found that if Table1.edit line of code is written "before"
> Table1.First, Table exit from  Edit Mode.  Can someone confirm the
> above and tell more about why ? Thanks

Casually should be replaced here with *always*. The edit mode is for
the record moving the cursor will always change the dataset mode.
0
Lajos
5/25/2015 2:47:06 PM
Thanks for the answer. We "latin" have a different syntax :-) "Casually" was referred to myself, just because, during years, did never happen to me to put Table1.Edit before Table1.First, so I was never aware of the mode modification.
Anyhow Thanks
Manlio

> {quote:title=Lajos Juhasz wrote:}{quote}
> Manlio Laschena wrote:
>
> > Casually I found that if Table1.edit line of code is written "before"
> > Table1.First, Table exit from  Edit Mode.  Can someone confirm the
> > above and tell more about why ? Thanks
>
> Casually should be replaced here with *always*. The edit mode is for
> the record moving the cursor will always change the dataset mode.
0
Manlio

New table in Interbase not listed in Delphi XE2 for table name [Edit]
I created a new Interbase table in IBConsole and entered some data. When I go into Delphi and use a TSQLTABLE and try to enter the table name, the new table does not appear though the other tables do. I thought it might be related to permissions, but the properties of the new table sow permissions are there for SYSDBA, the same as the other tables, and sysdba is the user I connect to Interbase from Delphi as. I also have permissions set for PUBLIC. Also in IBCONSOLE when I click on the Server menu, the submenu included "user security" but it is grayed out, so I do not know ho...

Link FoxPro Database table to SQL Server Database table
I have LAN Server in witch Visual Foxpro Database reside.I have another remote server in witch SQL Server 2005 installed.I want to link Foxpro table to SQL Server Database Table.Is it possible? Can please someone help? Thanks MS...

a little help with transfering table A in Database A into table B in database B
I can't seem to find a good tutorial in transfering data from one table in database a into a different table in database b. The catch is that the fields in the tables don't match exactly. How can I do this? Examples, tutorials, etc are greatly appreciated.Thanks!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com All you need is INSERT INTO with column list that will give you control of how you the the insert into the new database, the other option was to use DTS.  Try the link below for the INSERT INTO statement.  Hope this helps.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/def...

How to edit sysmessages table in database MODEL?
I would like to change texts of system error messages stored in database MODEL, on sybase 11. Please help . Milan Jankov wrote: > > I would like to change texts of system error messages stored in database > MODEL, on sybase 11. There is no sysmessages table stored in the model database. Only sysusermessages. This is ordinarilly empty. -am ...

Editing a table in a database via a datagrid
I want a dataset where I can click Edit ("Editera" in Swedish) and edit the selected post in the database. But with the .aspx-file and its codebehind-file below, when I click "Editera" the dataset disappears from the page. namespace mysite {   using System;   using System.Collections;   using System.ComponentModel;   using System.Data;   using System.Data.SqlClient;   using System.Web;   using System.Web.SessionState;   using System.Web.UI;   using System.Web.UI.WebControls;   using S...

How To Connect to a Database from Delphi XE2? ( newbie ) [Edit]
Hi all! I'm thinking on using Firebird or Microsoft SQL Server Express - I want a free database - to create a database application. How do I connect the database from Delphi XE2? I was looking on the Tool Palette, and I've found "dbExpress" and "dbGo" ( I think that this last one if for ADO connection ... ). What is the diference between "dbExpress" and an ADO connection? What is the best? Do I need third-party components to connect to Firebird or Microsoft SQL Server Express, from Delphi XE2? Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards, Jo...

Database tables and lookup up tables?
Ok say I would like to build a table for of the following questions(say 6 questions for the sake of argument): Do I just stored the index of the radiobuttonlist. What are some resources that I could look at. Should I make a look up table. 5) If money were no object, I would live . . . Prefer not to say On a tropical island In a New York penthouse In an English castle On a Texas ranch In a Malibu beach house In a mountain retreat (Selected) On the moon None of the above 1 ---> 2 ---> 3 ---> 4 ---> 5) --->6 ...

Database table to formview to other table
Okay here's my situation I'm trying to make a page that the user is presented witha a single text box. This text box would be used to entering problems, complaints, etc. Apon Pressing insert there is a number of other fields that would be hidden that would be used to create a complete ticket to be written to a ticket database, this information would be pulled from a USer database using the User's login... Where I'm at... I currently am Using a Select statement for my User table, and an Insert Statement for my Tickets table. They are both in the same datasource and using Us...

Edit database table with LinkButton in gridview without EditItemTemplate
 Hi :  I have have a gridview with bounded data from database "Task" , I used LinkButton to open file from folder where file name got from database . I need too when click on Linkbutton change value in database (  to 1 ) this value used to bind image in Image field into gridview such as Email ; in another way I need to change image value when file opened ( only when Linkbutton clicked)   I need help in this subject   abusbeih wasim  create a link button in the gridview. You handle the link button click event in the gridview.RowCommand event.Vi...

DataGridView and Database
Hello,            I have a datagridview and user is allowed to add rows. Changes made is to be reflected in the database. This is the datagrid andColumn name, Valuetype, allow nullsColumn name, valuetype, allow nullsColumn name, Valuetype, allow nullsColumn name, valuetype, allow nulls Here the column name should be inserted into the database as a column name. the value type is the value feild to the database. So if a save button is clicked databse should be created / updataed for the same. Also if column is to be added dynamically ...

Edit data using a VIEW table from a SQL database
Hi All,   How can I set the update command of a data grid when in edit mode if the table being populated is a VIEW table from a SQL database? As I am populating the grid using a VIEW table I seem to being a error in the update command where i have highlightd RED:   Dim row As OwnerSet.OwnerVIEW1Row row = OwnerSet1.OwnerVIEW1.FindByRef(key)     I think this is because I have no primary key for the table so the FINDBY method does not work.   I’ve tried to set the DataGrid1 to:   DataGrid1.DataKeyField = “Ref”   but this still does work!  ...

UNAVAILABLE DATABASE, DELPHI XE5, IBLITE/TOGO [Edit]
XE3 INTERBASE IB2GO and IBLITE are registered and in License file, Server is running, and after setting the SQLConnection1 database to the local path and gdB file from the samples folder, when connected is set to true, get UNAVAIL DATABASE. gddemos.bdg does exist and of course can open fine with IB Console. userid and password are set to defaults. Does anybody know what is going on? Thanks for any ideas. Joe Edited by: Joe Henshaw Jr on Sep 20, 2014 2:49 PM never mind, looks like parameter for database wasn't correct for local db. Thanks anyways. never mind, looks li...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Edit my code to search 2 or more tables in access database file.
(ASP.NET 2) I have created a search page that searches  for entered text (serial - full or partial). This works fine. I need the perform the search across multiple tables e.g table1, table2, table3. Is this possible? All tables have the same identical columns. However, whatever I try, I cannot search mutliple tables. I've tried changing the select to "select serial, model, sold_on  from table1, table2" Can anyone help. My current single search working code is : <script runat="server"> Sub gogetit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Dim strConn As Str...

Create a custom webpage to edit/update a table in a SQL database.
Hi everyone, this is is my first post, so please reply and help. I'm working on a project right now that uses asp 2.0 and SQL server 2005 express edition. This is a general idea of the project. In our company some of us receive ECO notifications (engineering change orders) for our products and we need to implement these to the test scripts that are on the production floor.  So the project is about entering the new ECO into a database which will send an automatic notification to our test team. When they receive the notification they will have to sign in to the w...

Web resources about - Table edit - embarcadero.delphi.database

Table of United States Core Based Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for the United States of America . The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that ...

Motorhead fans pay tribute to fallen Lemmy with petition for 'Lemmium' on periodic table
Heavy metal fans lost one of their most iconic icons over Christmas with the sudden and unexpected death of Motorhead frontman, Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister. ...

Man, 21, falls 100m down Table Top Mountain
... himself down a mountain at Toowoomba after he fell from a significant height on Wednesday. Queensland Ambulance Services were called to Table ...

With this dowry I own your son: Indian brides turn tables
... India's efforts to stop baby girls being aborted are seeing the circulation of some surprisingly hard-hitting videos that are turning the tables ...

How Waiting Tables Made Me A Better Lawyer
According to small-firm columnist Gary J. Ross, this why waiting tables turned out to be good preparation for a legal career.

New ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ tables will arrive on Zen Pinball this week
... Star Wars: The Force Awakens is heading to Zen Pinball this week. The extremely popular, and fun, pinball app is adding two different tables ...

Standards organization accepts completion of last row of periodic table
... momentous discovery: it was accepting the existence of four new chemical elements. Combined, they complete the bottom row of the periodic table. ...

petition asks to have a heavy metal element on the periodic table named after Lemmy
Lemmy w/ Motörhead in Austin, 2015 (more by Tim Griffin) Heavy rock lost its most iconic figure over Christmas with the sudden and unexpected ...

Why homeowners are leaving billions on the table
More than 5M borrowers could qualify and benefit from a mortgage refinance, according to a new report.

Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina are bumped down to kiddie table debate ... and Rand is having a tantrum
The tell-me-again-why-this-exists kiddie table Republican presidential debate is getting some new blood in Thursday’s Fox Business Network debate. ...