Size of TWideString field

Hello,

I have one strange situation in one of my project.
My WideString fields size is 3 times larger that it is in database
because Firebird with UNICODE_FSS give me a option to store 3 time
larger strings in field and accept it in database.
Now I have new version of database which is UTF8 and my fields are now
has option to store only regular number of characters.
Anyway I have one question if my WideString fields size is 3 times
larger is this problem for app in part where app comunicate with
database and it will take more memory on app starting no matter what is
realy varchar length?

Thanks in advance...

--
Sasa Mihajlovic
---

Size of PortalAlias database field
Using DNN 2.1.2 the size of the PortalAlias field in the Portals table is nvchar 200. I have a client who has found it very useful to register many different descriptive domain names for his business. He now has so many that they do not all fit within this 200 character space. I would like to suggest that the size of this field be increased in the next DNN version. Could I get some other opinions on this please? 640K ought to be enough for anybody. Bill Gates I believe that has been done - I confessed to being greedy and wanting lots of space because if you put in http:...

About translate the data from big size database to small size database! thanks.
Hi: My server is Sybase 11.5 for NT4(called 'a machine'),because something reasons,i create a new database on other machine(called 'b machine'), and made the size different with 'a machine'.then load the .DMP file from 'a machine' into 'b machine'. now , i want to decrease 'b machine' database(device) size. how can i do? or how do migrate the data tables into a different size, some tables use identity data type! Another question is : How can i make a dual server, except mirror. thanks ...

Delphi XE3 Size Mismatch for field error
I already posted this in the Delphi/General group but this is a better place for it so I'm reposting. Can anyone tell me please where I can find the thread that Jeff Overcash mentioned below, or alternately tell me how to fix the problem please? TIA From my previous post..... Satara IT Department wrote: Hi, I'm converting one of my apps to XE3 (from XE2), I thought it was all going splendidly , i.e. I didn't have to make any code changes (except something to do with the OnGetTableName event which I've asked about in a separate post) to get it to build, but when ...

Unicode database field/record/key size limits?
I converted old FB database to from Charset=NONE to UNICODE_FSS. Then got errors when using a table containing large VarChar(16384) field. Changed it to VarChar(8192) and it worked. What are new Field/Record/Key size limits when working in Unicode with D2009 (& IB/FB)? AntonE "Anton Ekermans" <antone@true.co.za> wrote in message news:122352@forums.codegear.com... >I converted old FB database to from Charset=NONE to UNICODE_FSS. Then > got errors when using a table containing large VarChar(16384) field. > Changed it to VarChar(8192) and it worked....

Field size when creating new field
I am using SQLAW 5.4. Don't know if this problem is unique to SQLAW, but probably not. When using PB to create a new table I may have a field 30 characters wide. After creating the table, when I go to put data in the field (say in in data manipulation grid) the field always seems to be smaller than what I would like. It necessitates going into properties and putting in a number for the width that is greater than what is already there (1.364 is there, for example, by default). I am probably missing something fundamental but I do not see a way to have PB always create the fiel...

how to connect a database-field to an input-field

Delphi 2009 database update SQL includes fkCalculated field's condition?
ClientDataSet -> DataSetProvider -> SQLQuery -> [Oracle Database] Add fkCalculated field into TSQLQuery. Execute ClientDataSet.ApplyUpdates cast error: ORA-00904: invalid column name In Call stack window, The TSQLResolver.DoExecSQL carries strange 'where' clauses to PSExecuteStatement. ---------------------------------------------- ... DBXCommon.TDBXMorphicCommand.ExecuteQuery SqlExpr.TSQLConnection.Execute('update "TEST_TABLE" set'#$D#$A' "ID" = ?'#$D#$A'where'#$D#$A' "ID" = ? and'#$D#$A&...

Database size Vs offiles folder size
I made a gwcheck to check the user databases and if I add all user databases size, it gives me 130GB. But, only in offiles folder, there are more than 200GB. Does it mean that there are files with no owner? How can I maintain that? We need more free space on that volume, actually it has less than 15% of free space. Thankyou! FM Fabio, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: -...

Sharepoint Max size limits (database size)
Hi, The call to create a sharepoint site takes a uint, which limits the max sharepoint size to about 3300MB (so nothing larger then 3.3gig). This is a major problem for us, and i was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround.  Eric...

Database Size Estimation same as actual data size?
Hi, I want to estimate the size of a database from the table structure and the estimated data volume. Example : A table has a structure as shown below : CWLL_MAIN ( ID int, MO char(15), Ctr1 int, Ctr2 int, ... Ctr100 int ) go Create clustered index idx1 on CWLL_MAIN(ID, MO) go The Total size per row = 4+15+100*4 = 419 Bytes. Estimated Rows in table= 1000000 Can we say that the table size = 1000000*419 bytes ? Does sybase stores the data in compressed format or directly stores ? Thanks in Advance Regards Vasanth Vasanth wrote: > ...

column field length < database field??
I have a datawindow in which I have a column field. in the column field the length that I have fixed only fit 40 chars. The database field length is 50 char. The question is...What property/ies Do I have to set for I could write 50 chars although they weren't seen altogether in the datawindow column field? Thanks in advance Export the DW into it's "source" code. Then change the column length to 50 and re-import the source code! regards ... Chris <jomarca1> wrote in message news:3ff16e26.547c.846930886@sybase.com... > I have a datawindow in whic...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

Empty upload field overwriting database field problem
 Could someone please help me find the missing piece to this puzzle.  My issue is when i execute this form without entering a new image in upload field, it overwrites the field in the database.  I'm not to sure how to pass the value, or just not update that field.   Any help would be great. <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head runat="server">     <...

Size Mismatch
Hi all I work with DelphiXE2 and Intraweb 12 (latest version). I have one "WebProject" connected to a Firebird 2.5 database. I use TIBQuery for connecting to the database (Interbase palete from delphi). the following error appear when try to Query.Post; Size Mismatch - Field XXXX size is too small for data. (size is varchar(10) and user input 11 chars). so where is the problem? In the *IWDBEdit* component or in the *IBQuery (IBUpdateSQL)*??? I was always to the impression that IWDBxx components check the length of the field (connected to) and prevent you to input more...

Web resources about - Size of TWideString field - embarcadero.delphi.database