Peer to peer support for Oracle

I don't know where to get help with this Oracle startup problem. I'm now semi-retired and am a hobby
programmer. I have no longer access to Metalink as I had when working.

Up until now, I have used a HUAWEI dongle directly connected to my PC. First, the operating system
and Oracle start up, then I connect to the internet using Huawei Mobile Partner. Any application can
connect to Oracle and use it correctly. All OK.

Now I have added a 3G router which is connected to the PC by ethernet cable and has the Huawei
dongle connected to a USB port on the router.

All works correctly if I follow the sequence:

1) Start the PC with the router switched off, and wait until Oracle has fully started.

2) Power the router up and wait 2 minutes until Windows says the 100 Mb ethernet link is open.
Oracle.exe in Task Manager is about 210 Mb, and sometimes more, depending on activity.

However, if I switch on the router first and then start the PC, Oracle does not start correctly. It
rejects connection requests forever more, indicating Network Adapter could not establish the
connection: Code 17002. In Task Manager Oracle.exe occupies only 145Mb.

What can I do to get it to start correctly ??

Where should I look to be able to provide additional information to any helpful expert ???

And more importantly -- on what forum could I ask this question and have some hope of getting
assistance.

All assistance gratefully received.

--

JF
0

Have you tried sites like http://asktom.oracle.com ?

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

--
JF
0

PEER-TO-PEER
Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the PORT 139 NETBIOS feature that is SO intrinsic to FILESHARING ?? ,ala GNUTELLA , GROKSTER ,IMESH ,KAZZA ????????????? sstu wrote: > Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer > -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE > alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the > PORT 139 NETBIOS feat...

peer to peer
Hi guys I don't have to reset my home peer to peer often so I have totally forgotten how to do it. I am running win98se with all the updates, thin Ethernet cable Ethernet cards in each machine. The computer tells me that the ports, irq, and mem address match between hardware and software, the workgroup names are the same. I can see the one computer name in nhood on each machine but not both names on each machine. I uninstalled ZAF and moved the IE6.0 beta INTRANET security to low. This was working yesterday I installed a new copy of Win98se on my wife's machine which hadn...

Peer to Peer
Hi, I am studying a new Peer2Peer project and I have some concerns that speed limit cannot be done. I mean. The software can show the download (or upload) is using n% ( n<30) of your bandwidth but in fact it's using all of it. If I get the project, I will use Delphi + Indy. But first I would like to know from you if you can control your bandwidth through a software? TIA, Clément Hi, You generally cant control the peak bandwidth use (unless you have the intention to hack the network card in use). You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do th...

Peer to peer with XP
I'm back to my never ending network server dilemma... I last left off building a new server computer running W2Kpro and Metadot portal intranet server. It has been working well but not in active use, it's sitting on my bench running everything and backing itself up every night. Problem with Metadot is a) I cannot get direct file access to the HD. b) It's way more than we need. We basically just want to have access to shared MS access, word and excel docs on the server and be able to open them on any local PC. In the Win9x days this is what worked, but since the addi...

Peer to Peer Option
--____ADXKZADLVECJQHAJDWKJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 20 Feb 2006 10:29:28 +0000" Hi, Does anyone know how to setup the iFolder 3.2 peer to peer option? on the = iFolder website (www.ifolder.com) it says it is contained in the source = downloads. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Steve. --____ADXKZADLVECJQHAJDWKJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____SBDTGINQINGHZHNMBGVL____" --____SBDTGINQINGHZHNMBGVL____ ...

Peer to Peer Issues
I have a small network operating behind a NAT router, OSs consist of XP home and Ubuntu Linux. On my NAT router I have tended to block all ports outbound and open up as required. In the UK many TV networks operate a Peer to Peer system to allow viewers to catch up on TV programs after the initial broadcast. What are the main security issues with this, I understand P2P as effectively allowing anyone access to my PC but assume this is Read Only and only a specific directory. To date I have tended to use the streaming service but quality is less than obtaining the entire p...

Peer 2 Peer
Hi, is there any quick guide about using P2P functionality in 3.8?, i've been using unison between 2 hosts and worked well so far. Now I need to sync 4 machines with the same data and I guess iFolder would do a better job. Regards, -- ciriarte ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ciriarte, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Vis...

peer to peer programming
Hi, Does anyone know where I could find information about creating peer to peer applications in perl? (Like messengers that don't require a base server...) If it is possible to do it in perl, please tell me where I can find more about it if you know. Thank you. Octavian On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 20:45 +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I could find information about creating peer to peer > applications in perl? > (Like messengers that don't require a base server...) > > If it is possible to do it in perl, plea...

Peer to peer connection
Hi, I'm trying to make a program to transfer files between my pc and another that is behind a router. My side will act as master and the other just as a slave, serving what master asks without user interference. I know that the easiest way is to run a idTCPserver at the slave side and a idTCPclient at master's side, but this needs to forward the used port at the router. I want to keep out of this. So I try the reverse way. A idTCPclient at slave side and idTCPserver at my side as master (in my side I can forward ports). Starting the slave it connects to master-server. Af...

Ghost peer to peer
Sometimes we ghost image 1 machine from another (peer to peer). If I do this with ZCM, what must I do to the freshly imaged machine to have registration, etc. work correctly? -- willmw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ willmw, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or che...

Peer to peer applications
Am facing a problem in developing peer to peer appln. first of all a machine has two ips(one private visible in intranet like 192.168.0.121 and second public ip visible in internet 10.2.2.3).now i need to connect to a peer located at remote place with the same criteria(two ips).The problem is i cnt go through the public ip to internal ip.On reading some articles on net i came to know the technique used to connect through public ip to private ip is termed as "HOLE PUNCHING"/"PORT FORWARDING".can some one help me on this issue? r is there any alternative other than this.I have to do it progra...

Hamachi
Having briefly read about the new Hamachi VPN system I am of the understanding that to initially make the connection I have to log on to the Hamaci server to get the IP addresses. Would this not only be necessary for dynamic IP addresses. Geoff Lane Geoff Lane wrote: > Having briefly read about the new Hamachi VPN system I am of the > understanding that to initially make the connection I have to log on > to the Hamaci server to get the IP addresses. > > Would this not only be necessary for dynamic IP addresses. > > Geoff Lane > I'm not sure...

Peer to Peer on Novell network
We are having a problem running DBSrv50 on a Win95 machine on a Novell network. We get an error message that the server name is already in use or is running, yet there is no other sqlany server running on the network. (It works if I change the server name) Any idea why this might occur? The database server names gets registered with the Netware servers. To prevent this problem use the following parameter when you start the db server: -x IPX{SEARCHBINDERY=NO} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http:...

peer to peer with mynew xp
I got a new notebook, with my first use of xp. Our small lan is all w98se. When I plug in the notebook and set up an ip address, I can ping all the computers both ways but can't do the file share. from what I read xp doesn't use netbeui, but does install netbios which is used for the lan file and machine access. However, a few of the articles I read on this say xp has to install the netBEUI to work with win98 machines, yet MS discontinues support or recommendation of using thie proto. I see xp does supply the netbeui as an add on but since it is not part of the sta...

Web resources about - Peer to peer support for Oracle - embarcadero.delphi.database

Air Force Civil Engineer Support Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AFCESA began as the Civil Engineer Construction Operations Group at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base , Ohio in 1966. Two years later, the new ...

Australia v West Indies: Support for Marsh brothers leaves Burns, Khawaja in limbo
Australia have guaranteed the selection of one Marsh brother for the Boxing Day Test and are likely to retain the other too, which would leave ...

Nardwuar the Human Serviette gets love, support on social media after stroke
Well wishers are hoping Nardwuar the Human Serviette has a speedy recovery after a stroke in Vancouver.

Without Significant Changes, Diversity In The Legal Profession Will Remain On Life Support
According to Bryan Stevenson of Just Mercy , what are the four things required to bring about social change?

Chrome Beta v48 adds custom notification buttons, Presentation API support and more
... bringing along with it some notable changes that will make developers' jobs much easier. New in the Chrome Beta version 48 update is support ...

Cruz Soars to Front of the Pack in Iowa Poll; Trump Support Stays Flat
Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa survey also brings no joy to Ben Carson or Jeb Bush.

Migrants Gang Rape Women, Leftist Protest In Support Of Migrants
A “anti-racist” group held a demonstration in support of the migrants, after a Swedish women faced gang rape by asylum seekers.

Yahoo adds Gmail support to Mail app
Yahoo is looking to pull a whole lot of new users into its new Yahoo Mail app by adding support for Google 's popular Gmail. Yahoo, which has ...

Google Play Movies finally adds AirPlay support
... and one of them just got a pretty major update. The app in question is none other than Google Play Movies and TV. The update? AirPlay support. ...

Video Shopping Aimed At Millennials Supports Small Businesses & Shopping Small
... Business Saturday is behind us, shopping small is still going strong this holiday season. Among the many businesses that continue to support ...