No TDatabase, TTable or TQuery in my DXE8

Hi Guys,

	I have clearly missed something.  I have no TDatabase, TTable or
TQuery in my Components.

	I Installed BDE for XE8 but to no avail.

	I am trying an old app that used the BDE but can't get past the
initial load of the project due to the missing components.

	What have I missed please?

Regards & TIA,

Ian
0
Ian

Ian Branch wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> 	I have clearly missed something.  I have no TDatabase, TTable or
> TQuery in my Components.
>
> 	I Installed BDE for XE8 but to no avail.
>
> 	I am trying an old app that used the BDE but can't get past the
> initial load of the project due to the missing components.
>
> 	What have I missed please?
>
> Regards & TIA,
>
> Ian

You have to add the package. In the main menu Component - Install
Packages then click to add go to the bin folder where you've installed
delphi (program files\embarcadero\studio\16.0\bin) and choose dclbde220
and click open. The Embarcadero BDE DB Components will appear in the
list.
0
Lajos
5/7/2015 1:01:01 AM
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30185

Ian Branch wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> 	I have clearly missed something.  I have no TDatabase, TTable or
> TQuery in my Components.
>
> 	I Installed BDE for XE8 but to no avail.
>
> 	I am trying an old app that used the BDE but can't get past the
> initial load of the project due to the missing components.
>
> 	What have I missed please?
>
> Regards & TIA,
>
> Ian

0
quinn
5/7/2015 3:44:22 PM
Hi Guys,

	My thanks to both of you for the assist/guidance.

	Done & dusted.

Regards,

Ian
0
Ian

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

Database with Delphi XE3
I've been using Delphi 7 Pro for years and have had to deal with the PDOXUSR.NET access denied problem with Vista OS and up anytime my application uses the Borland Database Engine. I'm thinking of buying Delphi XE3. Can someone tell me if the PDOXUSR.NET Access Denied problem has been taken care of in this version? With Windows 7, it seems that my apps will only run if I have the user reduce their User Account Control to a level the access is no longer denied. I'm hoping this is not an issue with XE3. I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum for my question. I there is a be...

tTable v tQuery?
Hi Guys, When operating in a true C/S environment, what is the most efficient method to either edit/update multiple fields or add a new record? With a tTable one simply edits and posts. As this is controlled from the client end, it seems to me to be more efficient, perhaps, to update/add using tQuery & SQL. In doing this, where multiple, 20+, fields are involved, what is the most efficient way to firstly enter the data, then have it update the database? An option as I see it is to simply edit all the data in non-databound editors and then somehow scan or send the info...

delphi 2010 database
Hello, I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all works good for me. But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi, I prefer free or less than $100.00 Thanks On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said: > Hello, > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and > all works good for me. > But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) > I found many databases for Delphi, > I prefer free or less tha...

Delphi and Oracle Database
Hello Everyone, I have a need to be able to read data out of an Oracle database. I know how I can access it - but now I need to bring the databases inhouse for development purposes. So - I need to install an oracle server - but only for my development needs - but it needs to be able to handle some large databases - from 5GB to 50GB approximately. I have been dealing with MSSQL and MySQL for a while - and I have those servers licenses and running. However, I am not familiar with how Oracle does things. Does anyone out there have some suggestions as to what type of licens...

Amazing database for Delphi
In the past I used many databases with Delphi, like sql server, Interbase, BDE and many others, Last year I had standalone project for a Church, the project wasn’t that big, but had thousands of records with a lot of big tables. To avoid any dependencies “BDE, DLLs, servers etc.” I had to find small, compact, and compiles right into my EXE. However, after I looked around (you can find my post on this site), many developers recommended Absolute Database, so I tried it and the price was very good, I surprised how this database handles very advance and complex queries and very fast. I re...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

n rows in tquery (delphi)
as I should do for it selects 10 first registrations using the tquery ? in the isql I can use: set rowcount 10; select...... ; set rowcount 0 but the tquery not accepts this. does anybody have some suggestion? thanks . I don't know Delphi but I think you'll need to execute the SET ROWCOUNT 10 before you execute the query. You may even need to use an EXECUTE IMMEDIATE to do it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX If you are using ASA 6.x You can use the select top n... syntax. See the manual for details. Jason Hinsperger Product Quality Adaptive Ser...

TDatabase vs TTable and TDataSource
I point out that I use C++ Builder 4.0 for my game development! In the past, I've been using TTable and TDataSource to build my databases! My thinking was that if it worked, why change! But I've been curious ever since I've purchased the package, what is the difference between the TDatabase component and the TTable and TDatasource component! Is it possible to use the TDatabase alone or do I need to use another component with it. Nowadays, the concept of DBs is very wide. On one side you may deal with DBs that are primarily used on single machines, often called desktop DB...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Backup a MySQL database from Delphi
Is there an easy way to backup/restore a MySQL tables from my Delphi application. The database is hosted by my Web host. To remotely connect to my MySQL database, I use ADO (dbGo tab) components. My tables use MyISAM. Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? BTW, I use Delphi 2009. > Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? mysqldump does not need any additional connectivity layer, like ADO, ODBC or what else. mysqldump uses TCP/IP to connect to MySQL server. So, all what you need: - mysqldump of the your MySQL server version; - run mysqldum...

Database profile and databases
Hi all I have installed Syabse on linux and PB 6.5 on windows 2000. I am able to connect to the sybase server through dsedit utility and I am also able to connect PB development environment(database profile) to particuler database on sybase server. But when I want to see all the tables while clicking on database menu option an error messagebox displayed "Stored procedure pb60table not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether object exist.(sp_help may produce lot of output" . This error messagebox is displayed. I am not able to make any datawi...

Delphi Array to Oracle Database
I have a Oracle Package: CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Array_Test AS TYPE my_array IS VARRAY (10) OF String; PROCEDURE proc_array_test ( p_param1 IN Varchar2, p_array IN my_array); END Array_Test / In Delphi I created an array InfoArray : array[0..9] of String; and would like to pass InfoArray to the Oracle Package Array_Test as a parameter. How do I do that? dmMyDatamodel.stpMyStoredProcedure.ParamByName(‘p_param1’).Text := ‘TESTING’; dmMyDatamodel.stpMyStoredProcedure.ParamByName(‘p_array’) ???????? .... this is where I get stuck. I'm using DBExpress. Thanks ...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

Web resources about - No TDatabase, TTable or TQuery in my DXE8 - embarcadero.delphi.database