Installing Firebird, data and program on a bootable memory stick.

Hello.

I have found it convenient to have the firebird database program and
its database on a memory stick.
Still I have to install the firebird to the host machine and use an
Alias.conf according to which fixed disk label
the memory stick gets when inserted. (F:\MyProgram\Data\MyData.fdb and
so on.)
My two questions:

1. Is it possible to detect this fixed disk label, (F: or  G: or H:)
automatically and what syntax will do this?
2. Is it possible to make a memory stick like a virtual machine,
install the firebird, alias.conf, Myprogram, Mydatabase and boot from
it, so I don't have to wory about
installation restrictions on the host machine for the memory stick?

The environment will be Windows in all cases.
I have looked on Hiren's sites, but it looks spooky with all it's
configuration work.
(Worried about doing something wrong so I'm fucking up the host
machine. )

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

:)
Kai Inge
0
Kai

Installing Firebird, data and program on a bootable memory stick. #2
Hello. I have found it convenient to have the firebird database program and its database on a memory stick. Still I have to install the firebird to the host machine and use an Alias.conf according to which fixed disk label the memory stick gets when inserted. (F:\MyProgram\Data\MyData.fdb and so on.) My two questions: 1. Is it possible to detect this fixed disk label, (F: or G: or H:) automatically and what syntax will do this? 2. Is it possible to make a memory stick like a virtual machine, install the firebird, alias.conf, Myprogram, Mydatabase and boot from it, so I don'...

Firebird database and the program (exe file) on a memory stick?
Hello. Have anyone tried to have both data and program on a (3. party crypted) memory stick? And only the aliases.conf on the host computer so it finds the data? :) Kai Inge ...

Call data from database and change data in database.
How can I call the value of a field from a database and then use an "if" to do different things when the user clicks on a button? Also, how can I then change that value of the field when I want to? Thanks, Sam  Could you please explain the question in detail.......     From the question, we can get the value by   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(); con.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString; con.Open(); OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT ID FROM tabl...

USB Memory Stick: Bootable !!
I'd appreciate any info on making a ScanDisk Cruzer 1GB USB memory stick bootable; with DOS and Linx. I've scoured the internet and find all kinds of instructions, even found a utility on the HP site, but it's just not working yet. I have a laptop I need to work on with, of course, no floppy, and it's a real pain with this NTFS file system; I also tried making a "boot disk for XP" the way Microsoft states [placing ntdetect.com,etc... on the stick] and this doesn't work. It works all the time from a diskette on another PC. Thanks. zardoz wrote: &g...

inserting data to text file from database and inserting data back to database from text file
Hello friends.... I am looking for 2 things(using c#.net or vb.net and sql svr 2000) 1.convert data from sql server 2000 database (say customers table from northwinds database) to a text file(separated by commas or just plain space) 2.Insert the data from text file back to database. Can someone pls give me the detailed code to achieve this....really need this on urgent basis.......Thank You.Gurjeet,England As for detailed code, I won't give you :P however I can tell you one way of doing this (there are multiple ways).The way I'd do it would be simple:Retrieve the information fr...

Calling data from database and declaring variable to insert the data back into another table in database
Hello, I have called data from a database which is displayed on the screen (displays a particular item - then if the product is liked they click a buy button) then on the postback I declare the variables (as below) to be added back to a different table in my database, I have a problem in that it doesn't like the way I have declared the variable in bold (below is some of the code).  The variable is initially displayed from the database as decPrice and added to another table as decCartPrice on postback.  I get this error BC30469: Reference to a non-shared member requir...

2K data page = 64M Shared Memory, 8k data page = ??? shared memory
In the guide of sybase is recommended to use 64M of shared memory for 2K of date page, when use 8k of date page how much use of shared memory? /sbin/sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=67108864 <Leandro Renn�> wrote in message news:41da8679.738a.1681692777@sybase.com... > In the guide of sybase is recommended to use 64M of shared > memory for 2K of date page, when use 8k of date page how > much use of shared memory? > > /sbin/sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=67108864 While a larger page size may require a slightly increased cache size, there's no direct relationship. The...

How can I Install to Mozilla to a USB memory stick?
Hi, I would like to install Mozilla to a USB memory stick, so I have access to my web and email client (fully configured) wherever I go. I have installed to the stick, but it only works on the computer on which I carried out the install process. I am using Mozilla 1.5 on a Windows 2000 computer, installing to a USB stick with 200meg free space. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Gerhard Gerhard Zelenka wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to install Mozilla to a USB memory stick, so I have access > to my web and email client (fully configured) whe...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

memory, memory, memory
Name: bruce Email: bruceatlmcsoftwaredotcom Product: Firefox Summary: memory, memory, memory Comments: Hi, I run firefox all day like I run Outlook. I open/close a zillion tabs using a single instance of firefox, usually no more than 6 tabs at a time. But I've had 20 tabs open at once while I'm culling the NY Times articles I want to print. Every so often my mouse stops moving. Taskmgr shows firefox has 256 Megs of memory (or something equally large) and is using 95% of the cpu. Why?? Make this nonsense stop! Forget the IE/Firefox/Chrome competition. T...

Bootable USB deviced. (i.e. Memory Sticks)
Steve, Are you planning on supporting these in the future, as they more and more brands seem to be coming with this option, however obviously the PC would not boot form them unless the bios supports this. Thank Chris -- ==================================================================== To email me remove the obvious "Chris Grant" <cjgrant_aaa@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:c25j65$gna$1@news.grc.com > Steve, > > Are you planning on supporting these in the future, as they more and > more brands seem to be coming with this option, however...

Installing 11.2 from USB memory stick
I've just looked at the instructions 'here' (http://en.opensuse.org/Live_USB_stick) for creating a bootable USB stick for installing oS. The article mentions using the Live-CD. Does the DVD iso not work for this? -- *I**B**M* Thinkpad X60s | Intel L2400 1.66Ghz | Mesa DRI Intel 945GM video | 3GB Ram openSuSE 11.1 | Linux 2.6.27.29-0.1 pae i686 | KDE 4.3.3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [QUOTE=suse tpx60s] I've just looked at the instructions 'here' (http://en.opensuse.org/Live_USB_stick) for creating a ...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

Web resources about - Installing Firebird, data and program on a bootable memory stick. - embarcadero.delphi.database

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper