How to load database with 1000 jpeg images in Delphi 2010 ?

Does anyone know of an easy way to load a database with 1000 jpeg images ?

Can the same be done for flash (flv files) ?

Any help is always appreciated

Richard
0
Richard

Richard Caruana wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to load a database with 1000 jpeg images ?
> Can the same be done for flash (flv files) ?

What database? What data access framework are you using? Where are the
jpg files?

If, for instance, you have all your image files in one folder, you could
loop thru them and easily load them into just about any database,
creating a new record with a blob for each.

The same applies for any file type.

Loren sZendre
0
Loren
1/5/2010 11:54:56 PM
Richard Caruana wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to load a database with 1000 jpeg images ?
>
> Can the same be done for flash (flv files) ?
>
> Any help is always appreciated

Also, some people prefer to keep their images/blob stuff out of the database and
in the file system with only references to the file paths of the files in the
database.

Not sure if that is an option for you.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
1/6/2010 12:52:02 AM
Thanks for the recomend Lee.

If you have a project which can gather the 'file location info' from a folder containing 1000 jpeg files to try for comparison that would be great.
I thought the images could be made more secure though if they were incorporated into a database ( but I may be wrong).

But I shall stick to wanting to input the 1000 jpegs into their own blob field for now.
There was a JPEG component I used for doing this JPEG-component, but to my knowledge there is no Delphi 2010 version.
TONY WHYMAN spends most of his time these days working on UNIX shop software.

http://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=7

Any help is always apreciated.

Richard Caruana

> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote}
> Richard Caruana wrote:
> > Does anyone know of an easy way to load a database with 1000 jpeg images ?
> >
> > Can the same be done for flash (flv files) ?
> >
> > Any help is always appreciated
>
> Also, some people prefer to keep their images/blob stuff out of the database and
> in the file system with only references to the file paths of the files in the
> database.
>
> Not sure if that is an option for you.
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Lee
0
Richard
1/7/2010 7:24:34 PM
Richard Caruana wrote:
> If you have a project which can gather the 'file location info' from a folder containing 1000 jpeg files to try for comparison that would be great.
> I thought the images could be made more secure though if they were incorporated into a database ( but I may be wrong).

It all depends on whether you have full control over the server. There
are obviously advantages and disadvantages to both solutions. If you
keep the images in your db, it's very tidy -- your db backups handle
your images as well, and you don't have to worry about someone on the
network messing with them. But you get a hugely bloated db.

> But I shall stick to wanting to input the 1000 jpegs into their own blob field for now.

Here is some code that uses an Open dialog to store a jpeg into a BLOB
field in a Firebird 2.1 db, via RemObjects Data Abstract TDAMemDataTable
(something similar should work with most data access frameworks):

   if dlgOpenPic.Execute then
   begin
     rowCustDetPhoto.Edit;
     rowCustDetPhoto.FieldByName('PHOTO').LoadFromFile(
       dlgOpenPic.FileName);
     rowCustDetPhoto.Post;
     rowCustDetPhoto.ApplyUpdates(True);
   end;

Loren sZendre
0
Loren

delphi 2010 database
Hello, I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all works good for me. But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi, I prefer free or less than $100.00 Thanks On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said: > Hello, > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and > all works good for me. > But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) > I found many databases for Delphi, > I prefer free or less tha...

I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi
Hi there, I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi. How do I forced to load as c++? Thanks for the help Jorge <Jorge Uriarte> wrote in message news:393178@forums.embarcadero.com... > I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi. How > do I forced to load as c++? Did you actually install the C++ personality? Are you loading the IDE using the "Delphi 2010" shortcut (which loads bds.exe with the "-pDelphi" command line parameter)? You should be using the "C++Builder 2010" shortcut (...

Save Image in Database and read image from database
Hi, I've got a problem.I save a image in a database and try to read it again.It works great, but its very slow. Right now i know why, i make a small image from 100x75 pixels, but its still 3.1 MB !!!So thats why its kinda slow ;) But i don't know why its so slow?Can anyone help me? I get it from the database with this link:getImage.aspx?ID=34&thumbnail=110&p=hWith thumbnail i say he should be 110 pixels, and with p i say the height should be 110 ore the width should be 110, in the last case the h should be a w. My code for getImage.aspx:   System.Data.Sq...

Delphi 2010 Trial and Database modelling.
Hello I am trying to work out how to get to / use / install if required the database modelling in 2010 architect version. Apparently it uses/ comes with / integrates Embarcadero® ER/Studio® 8.0 Developer Edition but I can't seem to find it on the installation or web site for download. Any help / pointers on how to get started would be appreciated Thanks Paul On 2009-12-17 6:04 AM, Paul Richardson wrote: > Hello > > I am trying to work out how to get to / use / install if required the > database modelling in 2010 architect version. Apparently ...

dynamical DLL loading in delphi 7 & delphi 2010
Hello, i am loading a DLL dynamical in Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010: [delphi] var hDLL: THandle; pCode: Pointer; type TProcMainEntry = function: TForm; begin hDll := 0; if FileExists(Pfad + vpeDllName) then hDLL := LoadLibrary(PChar(Pfad + vpeDllName)) else SetLastError(2); if hDLL = 0 then RaiseLastOSError; pCode := GetProcAddress(hDLL, PChar(vpeFunction)); if pCode = nil then RaiseLastOSError; Result := TProcMainEntry(pcode)(); [/delphi] in delphi 7 there's a variable filled with data of the main application which used in the...

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

mysql database, delphi 2010 and connection charset
Hi. I want to write an application which will use a MySQL database. I made a basci connection and queries. Everything is ok, except viewing data from database on a website generated with php. I'm polish and using my national letters and this is problem. When i add text into database in my app written in delphi and then view it in app, everything is ok, national letter are correct. But, when i want to view this data on a website i see strange things where were national letters. Fields in database are defined i n UTF-8, website uses UTF too. I can see on website data added from delphi on...

If database is NULL I need a no image jpeg to load.
I'm currently using a gridview in VB, When doing a search it will pull up an image if one exist, and I would like it to display a specific image if the database column is NULL. My code is. . . <asp:GridView ID="AdsGrid" runat="server" DataSourceID="AdSearchDataSource" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="Id" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="5" AllowSorting="True" CssClass="item_list" HorizontalAlign="Left" BorderWidth="1" CellPadding="10" HeaderStyle-Font-Unde...

simple database options for my Delphi 2010 application
Hello, This is a very general question which I hope will provide me with some guidance on how to proceed with database design for my Delphi 2010 application. My application is currently used by a few groups of users which range from 4 to 12 users per group. The exe is 8 MB, and it is resident on a server owned by each group. Access is via Remote Desktop from client machines within the group network. Several users can be logged in to concurrent sessions of the application and that has never posed any issue. Each user within a group accesses the same database files. For my databases, ...

Are images stored in database or the path of the images is stored in database
In Ibuyspy store. Are images stored in database or the path of the images is stored in database ?HighOnCodingWanna get high! The image name is stored in the database e.g cart.gif. If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. Isaac Newton Hi, Is this a good idea to save the image name in the Database and the image in the Server's Folder. HighOnCodingWanna get high!  azamsharp wrote:Hi, Is this a good idea to save the image name in the Database and the image in the Server's Folder.Of course.It's a good idea.Otherwise the speed of&...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Possible for Image in database Visible only if image path exists in database?
I have an Access Database and i am using C#. I have a datagrid for a restaurant website that is populated by menu items. One of the Items is an image but not every item on the menu has an image. The ones that dont though come up with the little image placeholder like an image is supposed to be there. Does anybody know how I can make the image visible only if there is an image path stored in the database? //By the way, there are only 3 columns in the datagrid- the center column is populated by the Image, the Menu Item, and the Description of the Menu Item check out for 'helper functi...

Web resources about - How to load database with 1000 jpeg images in Delphi 2010 ? - embarcadero.delphi.database

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...