FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?

Hello,

I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack
can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro.

Thanks,
Regards,

Emmanuel Lion

FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No
FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see:

http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970

M. E.L. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack
> can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro.
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
>
> Emmanuel Lion

0
quinn
10/2/2013 4:17:16 PM
On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote:
> FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No
> FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see:
>
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970

Does this mean that if I purchase delphi XE5, the delivered FireDAC
cannot be used with my D2006 compiler (used with projects that most
possibly will never be upgraded to XE5 because of heavily dependent on
components not working with D2009<->DXE5 ??

--
Delphi programmer at Dep.of Nutrition research, Faculty of Medicine,
University of Oslo, Norway

Dmitry Arefiev  wrote:
"What is right now accessible as separate product,
has support for Delphi 5 - Delphi XE4. In the
future support for all Delphi's prior to XE4 will be
dropped."

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=594886&#594886
0
Robert
10/30/2013 3:55:28 PM
On 30.10.2013 16:55, Robert Triest wrote:
> What I understand is that it depends if FireDac is a separate product.
> Maybe from XE5 FireDac is not a separate product anymore..
>
> Dmitry Arefiev  wrote:
> "What is right now accessible as separate product,
> has support for Delphi 5 - Delphi XE4. In the
> future support for all Delphi's prior to XE4 will be
> dropped."
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=594886&#594886

As far as I know,

- Delphi XE5 pro is delivered with an integrated, limited, FireDAC
component set. (among limits, it is limited to local DB, no C/S DB access).

- You can still buy the client/server pack for XE5

- This FireDAC XE5 C/S pack can NOT be installed on Delphi 2007,
   but you get access to the FireDAC XE4 C/S pack, which is installable
on Delphi 2007, using /showide parameter when running the setup.

As I am NOT from Embarcadero, check that with them before buying.

Regards,
Mel
Alf Christophersen wrote:
> Does this mean that if I purchase delphi XE5, the delivered FireDAC
> cannot be used with my D2006 compiler

Yes. You must purchase the XE4 version to use it with any version prior
to XE5. Just as any version of Delphi prior to XE5 no longer gets any
new updates, FireDAC XE4 will not get any future updates either. If
updates are a requirement for your business, you then you need to
purchase a later version of Delphi at some point.
0
quinn

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion
CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of Char; How to convert to Delphi 2009? Bill Bill Miller wrote: > CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; > CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of Char; > > How to convert to Delphi 2009? > > Bill it depends heavelly on how it is used fearther down in your project and what you want to convert it to. I you want to simple convert the declarations ignoring UNicode altogether then the only think you have to change is the CharArray declaratin from a Char to an AnsiChar eg CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of AnsiChar; //----------- this changed This Shoold be enough that the procedures using it and are expecting ANSI characters in the string will work with out any changes. regards Yannis. -- "The difference between pornography and erotica is lighting." -- Gloria Leonard > it depends heavelly on how it is used fearther down in your project and > what you want to convert it to. > > I you want to simple convert the declarations ignoring UNicode > altogether then the only think you have to change is the CharArray > declaratin from a Char to an AnsiChar eg > > CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; > CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of AnsiChar; //----------- this changed > > This Shoold be enough that the procedures using it and are expecting > ANSI characters in the string will work with out any changes. Hi Ya...

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net
It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. Your information is great appreciated, Inung On 2011-06-21 18:20:17 +0100, Inung Huang said: > It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. > I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than > Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. If you are only running the code in the application once then, yes, you might notice a slight delay. THis is due to the JIT compiler transforming the IL to native code. However, if you then time the execution of the same code without restarting the program, you will notice that the time take should be comparable to "native" code; due to the fact that, after the first run, ..NET code *is* then as "native" as regular Delphi code. Joanna -- Joanna Carter [TeamB] Joanna Carter (TeamB) wrote: > However, if you then time the execution of the same code without > restarting the program, you will notice that the time take should be > comparable to "native" code; due to the fact that, after the first > run, .NET code is then as "native" as regular Delphi code. Correction: "should be faster than Delphi code" -- because the jitter is part of the .Net distribution and thu...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Memory usage in Delphi 2007 vs. Delphi 5
Going from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007 and finding something way unexpected. The reportedly *same code, and same data,* uses about 104 MB in Delphi 5 and about 400 MB in Delphi 2007 according to the Windows Task Manager. Now, I know that it is not the most accurate way of measuring memory usage, but it gives us an idea of the proportion of memory use in Delphi 2007. Before we go deeper, we just created 20,000 objects and added them to an object list in Delphi 5 and 2007. The result in memory use still looks like 50 MB (Delphi 5) to 178 MB (Delphi 2007). We've downloaded ...

What we need to learn as we migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2012
As we prepare to move from Delphi 2007 to the Delphi of next summer/fall, and 64bit some day, we are looking for a list of improvements to Delphi (from IDE to the language) that have been done from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE, as well as any planned ones for the next version. We understand the daunting migration to Unicode that awaits us but know that we have missed some "new and improved" items where we have to get all our developers up to speed on that may not be related to Unicode. So, we will need to plan some training before we jump in. Is there such a list out there? There used to be one on what has been done since Delphi 7 to D2007 <?> or so. Maybe there is one to XE. Thanks! -Eduardo > {quote:title=Eduardo A. Salgado wrote:}{quote} > As we prepare to move from Delphi 2007 to the Delphi of next > summer/fall, and 64bit some day, we are looking for a list of > improvements to Delphi (from IDE to the language) that have been done > from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE, as well as any planned ones for the next > version. > > We understand the daunting migration to Unicode that awaits us but know > that we have missed some "new and improved" items where we have to get > all our developers up to speed on that may not be related to Unicode. > So, we will need to plan some training before we jump in. > > Is there such a list out there? There used to be one on what has ...

Restore Delphi 2007 dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009
Over on another thread I mentioned that I was having problems with dbxpress after testing Delphi 2009. It started that I noticed that Delphi 2007 was compiling against the newer version of dbxpress drivers (dbxmys.dll, rather than dbxmys30.dll). This was spotted after testing an application on a colleagues machine that had the older driver, but not the newer. The application was "pure" 2007. This continued after uninstalling Delphi 2009. It was suggested that Delphi 2009 had overwritten my +dbxdrivers.ini+ file - and looking at it that looks like the problem. It was also...

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

Migration from Delphi 2007 Rad to Delphi XE Where is Quickreports
Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? > {quote:title=Colin Coleman wrote:}{quote} > Have installed and finally registered Delphi Xe, I am looking for Quickreports but am unable to find it anywhere, I asked the Distributer and was told its packaged in Delphi XE, Well I should have gone to specsavers......cos I cant see it any where ? Hello Colin, Delphi X...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Delphi 2010
*Upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010* (as of February 1, 2010) I bought a new computer in December and decided to upgrade from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010. Here are some lessons learned related to the Delphi upgrade, which I hope will make a similar transition easier for others. I still have an insurmountable problem with the speed of the IDE (#13 below). As background, my old system had 3 GB of RAM, 40GB of unused disk, a 3.8 GHz CPU, and ran under Windows XP. My new system has 12 GB of RAM, 770GB of unused disk, a quad core 2.67 GHz CPU, and runs under Win7 Home Edition. ...

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

ArcGIS runtime errors after upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3
We have an application written in Delphi Pascal that accesses the ArcGIS 9.3 API through the COM interface. We recently upgraded from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3 and ever since we upgraded we have been getting runtime errors in the ArcGIS libraries that we were not getting before. Specifically the error is always "invalid floating point operation". The first one that was occurring was happening in the method "sg.SgCoordRefSetZ". I was able to eliminate this error by adding a call to FGeoSpatialReference.SetZDomain(-10000, 100000.0) even though there is nowhere that we&#...

Web resources about - FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ? - embarcadero.delphi.database

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables