Firebird database and the program (exe file) on a memory stick?

Hello.

Have anyone tried to have both data and program on a (3. party crypted)
memory stick?
And only the aliases.conf on the host computer so it finds the data?

:)
Kai Inge
0
Kai

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Greetings, I have just arrived back into the country (NZ) and back into ASP.NET.  I am having trouble with the following:An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file (file location).../Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. It has only begun since i decided i wanted to use IIS, I realise VWD comes with its own localhost, but since it is only temporary, i wanted a permanent shortcut on my desktop to link to my intranet page.  Anyone have any ideas why i am getting the above error? have...

database and database file(.mdf)
 Hello everybody,Anyone plz explain the usage or implementation of the following while developing a web application using Visual Web Developer 2005:using databaseusing a database file(.mdf) Also any cons and pros over one another. Or is it like .mdf are easy to transfer. I am using SQL Authentication mode.Thanks and Regards,Sankar.   Sankar002:using databaseusing a database file(.mdf)  I think you are a little confused.A database like a sqlexpress or sql server has a data file with extension mdf.So a .mdf data file IS a database and vice versa so there is no ...

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file .../App_Data\Database.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
I am trying to display data on an asp page from a sql express database that is in the app_data folder however when trying to run the application I get the above error. I also get the error when I right click on the asp page from within the IIS website. But when when I right click the asp page from with VS and select 'view in browser' it displays fine!I have tried setting the ACL for the App_Data folder for mymachine\ASPNET  to R/W as well as for the *.mdf and *.ldf file  to no avail.What am I missing here?...

database file vs. database connection
Hi...I'm trying to build a web database application. What are the advantages/disadvantages when using a mdf file directly from the app_data folder instead of using a database connection.what is best pracise?  greetingsignorator  The MDF is a SQLExpress database so it is a server based database management system unlike a MDB which is an Access file based database.So using the MDF in your app_data folder is the same as using and connecting to a SQL Server 2000/2005 database.  ...

How could I restore the database from only the database device file?
Hi, I have to recover an ASE12.0 database. unfortunately, I haven't the database dump file. What I have is the original database device files backed up by os backup utilities. I even doesn't know all the database configurations. How could I? Thanks and best regards. Here is the first thing I would try: Create a new server, not used for anything else. Use the DISK REINIT command to add entries for the device backups to sysdevices. Then use the DISK REFIT command to rebuild sysdatabases and sysusages - what it does is scan all the disks looking for allocatio...

inserting data to text file from database and inserting data back to database from text file
Hello friends.... I am looking for 2 things(using c#.net or vb.net and sql svr 2000) 1.convert data from sql server 2000 database (say customers table from northwinds database) to a text file(separated by commas or just plain space) 2.Insert the data from text file back to database. Can someone pls give me the detailed code to achieve this....really need this on urgent basis.......Thank You.Gurjeet,England As for detailed code, I won't give you :P however I can tell you one way of doing this (there are multiple ways).The way I'd do it would be simple:Retrieve the information fr...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Give me .PDB files! (aka Program Database /Debugging files)
<Techno-wenie> Give me the NDA, I'll sign it. I just want to have a clue as to why I get a protection violation. For those who are confused, I'm talking about .PDB files generated by Visual C++. They provide some symbol information that is very useful for debugging or providing someone else with debugging information. In the past, even microsoft has given me .PDBs so I can help debug their stuff. I'm happy to provide stack dumps and code dumps arround the call stack. Baring that, can anyone tell me what a null pointer reference at offset 10b1a1ad in PKVM15U rel...

Is there any correction i have to make to the web.config file connectionstring before uploading to the database files for me to be able to assess my database?
 I just completed asp.net  website created with visual web developer 2005. During development, a database was generated named ASPNETDB.MDF which i took the liberty of adding extra newsletter table.  During development,  clicking the submit button, collect my data and send it to the database, and to view the data collected, i will have to login to view the newsletter administrative page and my web.config  connention string is <connectionStrings>  <add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilen...

Any solution for error message "Could not attach file 'App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'Database'."?
Hello, I'm trying to connect to Database.mdf from an asp.net file and I get the following error message:    Could not attach file 'App_Data\Database.mdf' as database 'Database'.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master' The connection string I use is:    Provider=SQLNCLI;Server=localhost\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=App_Data\Database.mdf;Database=Database;Trusted_Connection=Yes Thanks!!!Ornit Hi, that's because your account doesn't have enough priviledge on the database server.Use Sqlserver management studio to add the necesso...

repair access database with system database file
I'm using ADMSAccessService but have not found a way to inform the file system database (sysdb) to access the database microsoft access and repair it. Please help me. ...

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:..... failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.
Hallo! In my local test-appication in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition (VWD2008EE)  I can make a login with stored  login-data. After login I can't use any database. I use all standard DB-connections. The DB-Application-data are OK. Somewhere these DBs ar locked, but where?http://www.plbg.chPlanning of new IT Systems Hi, Would you please provide more details? What’s the connection string and is there database stored in folder App_Data? According to the error message, there may be several possible cause for the issue.  Please refer to the th...

Database File Version vs Database Engine Version
Hi. I was recently visiting a customer site and noticed, from Sybase Central, that the customer's database file displayed a 5.x version number, even though the ASA engine was version 7.0.2. This customer is running our pb6.5 / ASA 7 application under Citrix and is having problems which are not appearing at other customer sites. I would like to rule-out any possibility of these problems being generated by our application. Has anyone eliminated problems by upgrading the database file to the same version as the database engine? Does Sybase recommend that the file be kept &quo...

how to access other database in this database ?

Web resources about - Firebird database and the program (exe file) on a memory stick? - embarcadero.delphi.database

Firebird.com - Creative Services and Copywriting for Advertising, Design, PR and Music Video Productions ...
Firebird is a Creative Service Collectives providing Design Concepts, Copy and Script Writing, Song Writing, Firebird Music Production and Video ...

Pontiac Firebird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Pontiac Firebird is an automobile which was built by the Pontiac division of General Motors between 1967 and 2002. The Firebird was introduced ...

Firebird: The true open source database for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and more
Firebird SQL: The true open-source relational database

Queensland Firebirds (@TheFirebirds) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Queensland Firebirds @ TheFirebirds ...

ANZ Championship semi-final Live: Queensland Firebirds v Northern Mystics
The Queensland Firebirds host the Northern Mystics for a spot in their fourth grand final in five years.

Corletto cops nasty knock as Firebirds win (01:27)
NSW Swifts defender Julie Corletto sustains a nose injury during the ANZ Championship final as the Queensland Firebirds take out the thrilling ...

Firebirds' success demands permanent home
Queensland Firebirds captain Laura Geitz says the state's netball community deserves a new home.

Stephen Grott, of Dalby, jailed for stalking Firebirds netballer Romelda Aiken and others, using the ...
THE online predator who stalked Queensland Firebirds netball champion Romelda Aiken will spend a year in jail after pleading guilty to preying ...

Thunderbirds defenders respond to challenge against Queensland Firebirds
... coach Jane Woodlands-Thompson was full of praise for defender Sam Poolman after yesterday&#8217;s frustrating loss to the Queensland Firebirds ...

Live 2015 ANZ Championship Grand Final: Queensland Firebirds vs. NSW Swifts - Other Sports - Fox Sports ...
... the ANZ Championship. The Swifts led the entire game at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, but with less than 30 seconds on the clock the Firebirds ...