Delphi 2007 app on Windows 7?

I apologize if this is not the right group to post this question. I am
currently using Delphi 2007 but one of my clients is upgrading all their
hardware to Windows 7 - 64 bit. Do I have to upgrade all my development
tools to Delphi 2010 to be compatible or will apps compiled in Delphi 2007
still run on the Windows 7 machines?
Thanks,
Keith
0
Keith

Keith Wright schreef:
> I apologize if this is not the right group to post this question. I am
> currently using Delphi 2007 but one of my clients is upgrading all their
> hardware to Windows 7 - 64 bit. Do I have to upgrade all my development
> tools to Delphi 2010 to be compatible or will apps compiled in Delphi 2007
> still run on the Windows 7 machines?
> Thanks,
> Keith
They will most likely run w.o. problems. Depending on the app it might
be necessary to run it with administrator rights.

albert
0
Albert
3/4/2010 11:00:00 AM
> {quote:title=Keith Wright wrote:}{quote}
> I apologize if this is not the right group to post this question.

It's probably not, since you posted to Database->General, and I don't see one mention of a database in your question. :-) No problem, though.

> I am currently using Delphi 2007 but one of my clients is upgrading all their
> hardware to Windows 7 - 64 bit. Do I have to upgrade all my development
> tools to Delphi 2010 to be compatible or will apps compiled in Delphi 2007
> still run on the Windows 7 machines?

Your apps should run fine, as long as you don't do anything with it that isn't proper to do as a non-administrative user. For instance, your application should not write to anything under the Program Files or Windows directories, or write to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry, and so forth. Of course, your app won't support the latest dialog styles or features added to the Common Controls that weren't available under Windows XP or 2000, since those are the versions that D7 uses.
0
Ken

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

DBExpress terrible performance when migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Hi, When I'm migrating my project from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007, I found that the speed slow down 3-4 times. I've started to investigate what is the reason of that and I've found that the problem is in the TSQLDataset component. So I make a simple example of an application that run one of my problem queries that fetches about 30000 rows and the result was amazing d7: 1500ms, d2007: 13500ms 8 times slower !!!! Here are some perameters of the TSQLConnection Delphi 7: object SQLConn: TSQLConnection ConnectionName = 'OracleConnection' DriverName = '...

Delphi 2007 TStream and Windows 7

Windows 7 ... Delphi 7
The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! Me too, from what I've heard so far. They are releasing it as a public beta tommorrow (the first 2.5 million in line only): Windows 7 page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ Information on Downloading and Installing Windows 7 Beta http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/07/information-on-downloading-and-installing-windows-7-beta.aspx How to Get in on th...

Delphi for building Windows 7 apps
We recently started promoting Delphi as a solution for building Windows 7 apps as part of our outreach to new users. We've set up a Windows 7 Development Center web page and we have a web seminar coming up next week. We're also doing some advertising that ties in with the timing of Windows 7 general availability this week to help get the word out. So far it has all been going really well with good interest in the ads, traffic to the page increasing by about 50% every day and hundreds of signups for the "Getting Started with Windows 7 Application Development" webinar. I...

Delphi 2007, TRegistry and Windows 7
It appears as though TRegistry.GetKeyNames does not work when running under Windows 2007. Even when using using the 'Run as administrator' option. The resulting string list is always empty. Anyone have any clue as to how to get around this? My program is trying to read from an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Stephen Boyd wrote: > under Windows 2007. Windows what? -- -Mike (TeamB) Mike Williams (TeamB) wrote: > Stephen Boyd wrote: > >> under Windows 2007. > > Windows what? > OOPS! Windows 7. Stephen Boyd wrote: Never mind....

Delphi app on Windows 7 slower
Hello, Yesterday a client of me has replaced 2 XP client PC's with 2 new Windows 7 PC's. Now our delphi app is 8x slower on the network than in the old situation. How can this be solved ? Is this a W7 feature to solve the Windows safety problems ? Hubert > {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote} > Is this a W7 feature to solve the Windows safety problems ? Which version of W7? The 64 bit one? What about other applications? Which AntiVirus is installed (some are known to slow down TCP/IP connection)? There is no reason why it could be slower. Higher secur...

Windows 7 - 64 bits
Hello! I know that this is probably not a Delphi issue, but I ask, just in case... perhaps someone had a similar problem... I use D2007, Firebird 2.5 and IBX components, and ClientDatasets (I know IBX doesn't support FB, but I just use it in a very simple way, so there's no problem with that - I think) A customer of mine has this problem: Using Windows 7 64 bits, when he deletes a record in a table the PC hungs completely. The mouse, the keyboard... everything. He has to turn the PC off. I'm sorry I have not more details about the problem. The question is: is t...

Delphi 2007 Windows 7 Crash On Exit
I have Rad studio 2007 installed on Windows 7. Occasionally when I exit I get the windows Crash message. All files are saved correctly and things function correctly. It is just annoying. Anybody seen this? Am 21.04.2010 20:35, schrieb Gary Gonnella: > I have Rad studio 2007 installed on Windows 7. Occasionally when I exit I get the windows Crash message. All files are saved correctly and things function correctly. It is just annoying. Anybody seen this? Yes, I have randomly seen this, too. Didn't investigate further, because I'm mostly on D2010 and use D2007 only for one old...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Web resources about - Delphi 2007 app on Windows 7? - embarcadero.delphi.database

The Windows Blog

If you're fine with Microsoft's approach to privacy in Windows 10, you're out of touch
Yeah, I'm going to bang that drum again. We've talked endlessly about privacy and telemetry in Windows 10. Endlessly. It's brought up some interesting ...

Life hack: The scientifically proven way to defog your car windows faster
It's winter, which means that you're going to have to deal with foggy windows when you start up your car . While lots of people have their own ...

It looks like Microsoft is making a SIM card for Windows devices
Microsoft is making a SIM card for Windows devices, according to an app listing titled "Cellular Data" that references "a Microsoft SIM card." ...

LG’s New Signature Refrigerator Has a Viewing Window and Auto-Open Doors
... than ever, LG’s new signature fridge lets you take a peek inside the fridge without wasting energy. Just walk up and knock on the window panel ...

Microsoft is launching its own data SIM for Windows devices
Microsoft appears to building its own contract-free cellular data service for getting Windows 10 devices online, if a curious app store listing ...

New Windows 10 stats show Microsoft is closely watching you — but is it an issue?
Windows 10 is collecting more information than some people may have realized, as is evidenced by the company's recent usage reports. Is this ...

Microsoft shares some of the data it has been collecting from Windows 10 users
In a new blog post Microsoft explains some of the data it has been collecting from Windows 10 users, though the company doesn’t say how long ...