I have an appliction tha that is writen in Delphi 5 with ADOConnetion, ADOTable, and  ADOQuery components.

I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.

I have the program building in with Delphi 2007.  Is there anything I need to do to convert the ADO to ADO.NET?
0
Unitime

> I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.

Why ?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev

Do you know what I need to do to convert the existing connections in ADO to ADO.NET?

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.
>
> Why ?
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev
> AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL,
>   Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX,
>   ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine
0
Unitime
4/1/2009 4:58:36 PM
Unitime Development wrote:

> I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.

That is a bad decision since D2007 is the last version of
Delphi that supports the CodeGear implementation of .NET
and VCL for .NET. If you really want to go to .NET and use
the Delphi language get Delphi Prism which is the .NET
platform that will be supported going forward.

The only connection between ADO on Win32 and ADO.NET is
that they both contain the letters "ADO" in the name. They
are completely different techologies using different
components.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Delphi 2010
*Upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010* (as of February 1, 2010) I bought a new computer in December and decided to upgrade from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010. Here are some lessons learned related to the Delphi upgrade, which I hope will make a similar transition easier for others. I still have an insurmountable problem with the speed of the IDE (#13 below). As background, my old system had 3 GB of RAM, 40GB of unused disk, a 3.8 GHz CPU, and ran under Windows XP. My new system has 12 GB of RAM, 770GB of unused disk, a quad core 2.67 GHz CPU, and runs under Win7 Home Edition. ...

Project Manager Delphi 2007 vs Delphi 5
I am in the midst of moving from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007. I have a .BAT file that I use to do some post processing on the executable after it is built. In Delphi 5, I just added the .BAT file to the project manager. Then when I wanted to execute the .BAT file I just right clicked its entry in the project manager and selected Execute. There doesn't seem to be anyway to add the .BAT file to the project manager in Delphi 2007. How can I set up something similar to what I had in Delphi 5? I thought about using a Post Build event but I don't necessarily want to execute the .BAT fi...

Memory usage in Delphi 2007 vs. Delphi 5
Going from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2007 and finding something way unexpected. The reportedly *same code, and same data,* uses about 104 MB in Delphi 5 and about 400 MB in Delphi 2007 according to the Windows Task Manager. Now, I know that it is not the most accurate way of measuring memory usage, but it gives us an idea of the proportion of memory use in Delphi 2007. Before we go deeper, we just created 20,000 objects and added them to an object list in Delphi 5 and 2007. The result in memory use still looks like 50 MB (Delphi 5) to 178 MB (Delphi 2007). We've downloaded ...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

Web resources about - Convert Delphi 5 ADO App to Delphi 2007 ADO.NET - embarcadero.delphi.database

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...