Can you recommend a simple non dependancy Database to work with Delphi 2010

Hi
I recently bought Delphi 2010 having moved from Lazarus/FPC, I used lazarus with Zeoslib package to use single file Sqlite databases in my apps and it worked great.
Having bought Delphi 2010 PRO  the current Zeoslib does not support delphi 2010, so I am looking to embed a database in my apps that does not require any additional files installing on the end users computer except maybe a dll file with the executable.
My question is does delphi ship with anything similar to what I have described above, or can anyone recommend a freeware component that will function with Delphi 2010.

Thanks for any Help
0
Philip

> with the executable.  My question is does delphi ship with anything
> similar to what I have described above, or can anyone recommend a
> freeware component that will function with Delphi 2010.

Assuming your apps only need single user db access, you can use our
free Embedded version of NexusDB.

http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=FreeEmbedded

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Nexus Database Systems
> {quote:title=Philip Moyles wrote:}{quote}
> Hi
> I recently bought Delphi 2010 having moved from Lazarus/FPC, I used lazarus with Zeoslib package to use single file Sqlite databases in my apps and it worked great.
> Having bought Delphi 2010 PRO  the current Zeoslib does not support delphi 2010, so I am looking to embed a database in my apps that does not require any additional files installing on the end users computer except maybe a dll file with the executable.
> My question is does delphi ship with anything similar to what I have described above, or can anyone recommend a freeware component that will function with Delphi 2010.
>
> Thanks for any Help

Thanks Eivind

I installed NexusDB when I was finding all the fully functional Free packages, Jedi, LMD, Cindy, and the Awesome Alphalite packages.
As I am overloaded with components and its all very new I didn't want to create a test app until I could find an embedded database that would fulfill my needs.
again thanks for your help

Philip Moyles
0
Philip

simple database options for my Delphi 2010 application
Hello, This is a very general question which I hope will provide me with some guidance on how to proceed with database design for my Delphi 2010 application. My application is currently used by a few groups of users which range from 4 to 12 users per group. The exe is 8 MB, and it is resident on a server owned by each group. Access is via Remote Desktop from client machines within the group network. Several users can be logged in to concurrent sessions of the application and that has never posed any issue. Each user within a group accesses the same database files. For my databases, ...

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

delphi 2010 database
Hello, I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all works good for me. But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi, I prefer free or less than $100.00 Thanks On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said: > Hello, > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and > all works good for me. > But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) > I found many databases for Delphi, > I prefer free or less tha...

Database Workbench, where can I set a Database Restricted so only aliases can use the database?
Hello. Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias. Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench. :) Kai Inge > Now I want a database to be not available unless approached by an alias. > Can't find where I set this, in Database Workbench. This is a setting of your Firebird server installation. Check out the DatabaseAccess configuration parameter in firebird.conf. Set it to: DatabaseAccess = None -- With regards, Thomas Steinmaurer http://www.upscene.com/ Professional Tools and Services for Firebird FB TraceManag...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Delphi 2010 Trial and Database modelling.
Hello I am trying to work out how to get to / use / install if required the database modelling in 2010 architect version. Apparently it uses/ comes with / integrates Embarcadero® ER/Studio® 8.0 Developer Edition but I can't seem to find it on the installation or web site for download. Any help / pointers on how to get started would be appreciated Thanks Paul On 2009-12-17 6:04 AM, Paul Richardson wrote: > Hello > > I am trying to work out how to get to / use / install if required the > database modelling in 2010 architect version. Apparently ...

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

mysql database, delphi 2010 and connection charset
Hi. I want to write an application which will use a MySQL database. I made a basci connection and queries. Everything is ok, except viewing data from database on a website generated with php. I'm polish and using my national letters and this is problem. When i add text into database in my app written in delphi and then view it in app, everything is ok, national letter are correct. But, when i want to view this data on a website i see strange things where were national letters. Fields in database are defined i n UTF-8, website uses UTF too. I can see on website data added from delphi on...

Will AES_FIPS encrypted database work with non encrypted UltraLite database when synch
ASA Sever version: 10.0.1.3694 Any one know if we encrypted a database with AES_FIPS and then try to synch it with non-encrypt UltraLite database will it work? Thanks in advance for you help. Rachan Terrell Rachan, Database synchronization is not affected by database encryption - database encryption happens between the file system and the database server. When the data is in-memory, it's unencrypted data and is encrypted when it's written back out to disk. The MobiLink server, as any other database client, will receive the same data as always (result set...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

How to load database with 1000 jpeg images in Delphi 2010 ?
Does anyone know of an easy way to load a database with 1000 jpeg images ? Can the same be done for flash (flv files) ? Any help is always appreciated Richard Richard Caruana wrote: > Does anyone know of an easy way to load a database with 1000 jpeg images ? > Can the same be done for flash (flv files) ? What database? What data access framework are you using? Where are the jpg files? If, for instance, you have all your image files in one folder, you could loop thru them and easily load them into just about any database, creating a new record with a blob for each...

Web resources about - Can you recommend a simple non dependancy Database to work with Delphi 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.database

Cronyism + Dependancy = the Farm Bill
With the support of many Republicans, the House Agriculture Committee has approved a five-year farm and nutrition bill. The 35–11 committee vote ...

YouTube - The Obama Phone Lady Wakes Up
Veröffentlicht am 15.01.2013 During an unprecedented interview, Alex talked to one of the most visible supporters of Obama during the 2012 presidential ...

Iran–Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The war began when Iraq invaded Iran, launching a simultaneous invasion by air and land into Iranian territory on 22 September 1980 following ...

Welcome to Burnside War Memorial Hospital
The Burnside War Memorial Hospital is committed to providing premier acute medical, surgical and obstetric health care for patients, clients ...

collect3 mobile - XBMC Remote
XBMC Remote 1 of 13 2 of 13 3 of 13 4 of 13 5 of 13 6 of 13 7 of 13 8 of 13 9 of 13 10 of 13 11 of 13 12 of 13 13 of 13 Examples of the TV Guide ...

LE CERVEAU À TOUS LES NIVEAUX!
SITE MAP Level: BEGINNER Click on a subject to go to its page. Molecular Cellular Neurological Psychological Social Anatomy by Level of Organization ...

Richard Dreyfuss biography and filmography
Richard Dreyfuss biography and filmography. RICHARD DREYFUSS Date of Birth: October 29, 1947 &quot;I don't think film acting is necessarily ...

Michaela Felton’s blog - 360-BUZZZ
Latest blog posts by Michaela Felton.

Project and Fund
40 Days & 1001 Nights is a multifold project in which Tamalyn Dallal traveled to five predominantly Islamic countries and lived in each one for ...

Buy Cheap Generic Wellbutrin Sr (Bupropion 150mg) online Without a Prescription
Buy Cheap Generic Wellbutrin Sr (Bupropion 150mg), Generic Wellbutrin Sustained-Release is an antidepressant. It is also effective as a smoking ...