borland.public.delphi.database.general not fond

Hello.
My problem is I am trying to connect to a newsgroup that
I have configured in Outlook Express 6, under Windows XP and appears
this as follows mistake :

411 Group borland.public.delphi.database.general not found.

Setup:
    Count: newsgroups.borland.com
    Server: newsgroups.borland.com
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 119
    Security (SSL): 0
    Error Number: 411
    Code: 800ccca5

With the newsgroup of Newsgroups.borland.com before it could enter the group
borland.public.delphi.database.general,
This is for all groups that begin with borland.

I hope you can help me thank you very much.

Excequiel
0
excequiel

excequiel arostica wrote:

> borland.public.delphi.database.general

The newsgroup is now
embarcadero.public.delphi.database.general.

For more information about the new newsgroups and server
see http://dn.codegear.com/article/38431

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

I have managed to setup my account to post messages on this website, but however i cannot seem to configure my Outlook Express to view and post these forums anymore.
I have added a forums.codegear.com newsgroup, and when i attempt to view the newsgroups on this i am asked for my login name and password (which i assume would be the same for logging on to this site, but my login details will not work there.
Is this web based forumn now the only way to view the borland.public.delphi.database.general now it is on embarcadero?
If it is possible to configure via the Outlook Express can someone please summarise how to configure this?

BC.
0
Christine
8/27/2008 2:03:46 PM
Christine Moore wrote:

> If it is possible to configure via the Outlook Express can someone
> please summarise how to configure this?

	Yes, instructions for OE are in this article:

http://dn.codegear.com/article/38435

	-Craig

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/

I have followed the instructions in the link, but i still experience problems when i try to download the Newsgroups.
I am prompted for my username and password, and when i enter this i am just prompted for it again. The server that it is trying to connect to is forums.codegear.com
Any ideas?

Regards,

BC.
0
Christine

Forgot to add, i can view all posts in Outlook Express but not add or reply to any.

BC.
0
Christine
8/27/2008 4:27:55 PM
"Christine Moore" wrote in message news:7371@forums.codegear.com...

> I have followed the instructions in the link, but i still experience
> problems when i try to download the Newsgroups.
> I am prompted for my username and password, and when i enter this i am
> just prompted for it again. The server that it is trying to connect to is
> forums.codegear.com

Then it doesn't think what you are entering matches your DN user name and
password. Go to dn.codegear.com. Can you log in there? If it says "Welcome,
Christine Moore" in the top right, then click on that to get to your
profile, otherwise try to log in. Check your login name, and email yourself
your password to verify that.

--
Wayne Niddery - TeamB (www.teamb.com)
Tips to Get Published: http://dn.codegear.com/article/38467

| I have followed the instructions in the link, but i still experience problems when i try to download the Newsgroups.
| I am prompted for my username and password, and when i enter this i am just prompted for it again. The server that it is trying to connect to is forums.codegear.com
| Any ideas?

I am not sure if this is related to your problem or not, but I have been having intermittent access problems with these groups the past couple of days.  Yesterday I went a couple of hours, four different times, without being able to D/L or post.  Eventually, each time, things appeared to go back to "normal" without me doing anything specific to resolve the problem(s).

08/27/2008 09:14:11

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/27/2008 5:57:48 PM
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:27:55 -0700, Christine Moore wrote:

> Forgot to add, i can view all posts in Outlook Express but not add or reply to any.

You don't need to authenticate to read messages.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

If this message was successfully posted, then the problem has gone without
me changing anything. So I agree it must be an intermittent problem.

CM.
0
Christine
8/28/2008 9:17:40 AM
Christine,

| If this message was successfully posted, then the problem has gone without me changing anything. So I agree it must be an intermittent problem.

Yep.  I saw it.  And JohnK e-mailed me that they had found and fixed the problem.  (At least he said he HOPED it was fixed. <g>)

08/28/2008 09:40:53