borland.public.delphi.database.general not fond

Hello.
My problem is I am trying to connect to a newsgroup that
I have configured in Outlook Express 6, under Windows XP and appears
this as follows mistake :

411 Group borland.public.delphi.database.general not found.

Setup:
    Count: newsgroups.borland.com
    Server: newsgroups.borland.com
    Protocol: NNTP
    Port: 119
    Security (SSL): 0
    Error Number: 411
    Code: 800ccca5

With the newsgroup of Newsgroups.borland.com before it could enter the group
borland.public.delphi.database.general,
This is for all groups that begin with borland.

I hope you can help me thank you very much.

Excequiel
0
excequiel

excequiel arostica wrote:

> borland.public.delphi.database.general

The newsgroup is now
embarcadero.public.delphi.database.general.

For more information about the new newsgroups and server
see http://dn.codegear.com/article/38431

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

I have managed to setup my account to post messages on this website, but however i cannot seem to configure my Outlook Express to view and post these forums anymore.
I have added a forums.codegear.com newsgroup, and when i attempt to view the newsgroups on this i am asked for my login name and password (which i assume would be the same for logging on to this site, but my login details will not work there.
Is this web based forumn now the only way to view the borland.public.delphi.database.general now it is on embarcadero?
If it is possible to configure via the Outlook Express can someone please summarise how to configure this?

BC.
0
Christine
8/27/2008 2:03:46 PM
Christine Moore wrote:

> If it is possible to configure via the Outlook Express can someone
> please summarise how to configure this?

	Yes, instructions for OE are in this article:

http://dn.codegear.com/article/38435

	-Craig

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/

I have followed the instructions in the link, but i still experience problems when i try to download the Newsgroups.
I am prompted for my username and password, and when i enter this i am just prompted for it again. The server that it is trying to connect to is forums.codegear.com
Any ideas?

Regards,

BC.
0
Christine

Forgot to add, i can view all posts in Outlook Express but not add or reply to any.

BC.
0
Christine
8/27/2008 4:27:55 PM
"Christine Moore" wrote in message news:7371@forums.codegear.com...

> I have followed the instructions in the link, but i still experience
> problems when i try to download the Newsgroups.
> I am prompted for my username and password, and when i enter this i am
> just prompted for it again. The server that it is trying to connect to is
> forums.codegear.com

Then it doesn't think what you are entering matches your DN user name and
password. Go to dn.codegear.com. Can you log in there? If it says "Welcome,
Christine Moore" in the top right, then click on that to get to your
profile, otherwise try to log in. Check your login name, and email yourself
your password to verify that.

--
Wayne Niddery - TeamB (www.teamb.com)
Tips to Get Published: http://dn.codegear.com/article/38467

| I have followed the instructions in the link, but i still experience problems when i try to download the Newsgroups.
| I am prompted for my username and password, and when i enter this i am just prompted for it again. The server that it is trying to connect to is forums.codegear.com
| Any ideas?

I am not sure if this is related to your problem or not, but I have been having intermittent access problems with these groups the past couple of days.  Yesterday I went a couple of hours, four different times, without being able to D/L or post.  Eventually, each time, things appeared to go back to "normal" without me doing anything specific to resolve the problem(s).

08/27/2008 09:14:11

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin
8/27/2008 5:57:48 PM
On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:27:55 -0700, Christine Moore wrote:

> Forgot to add, i can view all posts in Outlook Express but not add or reply to any.

You don't need to authenticate to read messages.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

If this message was successfully posted, then the problem has gone without
me changing anything. So I agree it must be an intermittent problem.

CM.
0
Christine
8/28/2008 9:17:40 AM
Christine,

| If this message was successfully posted, then the problem has gone without me changing anything. So I agree it must be an intermittent problem.

Yep.  I saw it.  And JohnK e-mailed me that they had found and fixed the problem.  (At least he said he HOPED it was fixed. <g>)

08/28/2008 09:40:53

XanaNews Version 1.18.1.52  [Everyone's & Q's Mods]
0
Quentin

borland.public.delphi.database.general not fond #2
Hello. My problem is I am trying to connect to a newsgroup that I have configured in Outlook Express 6, under Windows XP and appears this as follows mistake : 411 Group borland.public.delphi.database.general not found. Setup: Count: newsgroups.borland.com Server: newsgroups.borland.com Protocol: NNTP Port: 119 Security (SSL): 0 Error Number: 411 Code: 800ccca5 With the newsgroup of Newsgroups.borland.com before it could enter the group borland.public.delphi.database.general, This is for all groups that begin with borland. I hope you can hel...

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

A general question about supporting offline databases
I am a bit of a newbie with Delphi databases, we've been using Delphi for 15 years but we have always used a proprietary binary data format. We now want to switch to an SQL file format. For now we're working with SQLITE, so the Java and C# guys in our shop can read the file too. We have all the latest tools now, XE5 with FireDAC, Datasnap, REST etc. I am very, very impressed with what we can do now. Currently, we have a Delphi desktop app that controls the data file, and use XMLRPC calls from the clients to send and receive transactions. We have what we call a "refresh&...

"borland.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general" group replacement?
There was a nice place to post relases announcements about 3rd party components - "borland.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general" group. Is there any place to post such ANN at this forum? Mikhail Oleynik wrote: > There was a nice place to post relases announcements about 3rd party > components - "borland.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general" group. > Is there any place to post such ANN at this forum? news://forums.codegear.com/embarcadero.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general or https://forums.codegear.com/forum.jspa?forumID=92&start=0 -- ...

Database with Delphi XE3
I've been using Delphi 7 Pro for years and have had to deal with the PDOXUSR.NET access denied problem with Vista OS and up anytime my application uses the Borland Database Engine. I'm thinking of buying Delphi XE3. Can someone tell me if the PDOXUSR.NET Access Denied problem has been taken care of in this version? With Windows 7, it seems that my apps will only run if I have the user reduce their User Account Control to a level the access is no longer denied. I'm hoping this is not an issue with XE3. I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum for my question. I there is a be...

delphi 2010 database
Hello, I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all works good for me. But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi, I prefer free or less than $100.00 Thanks On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said: > Hello, > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and > all works good for me. > But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) > I found many databases for Delphi, > I prefer free or less tha...

Delphi and Oracle Database
Hello Everyone, I have a need to be able to read data out of an Oracle database. I know how I can access it - but now I need to bring the databases inhouse for development purposes. So - I need to install an oracle server - but only for my development needs - but it needs to be able to handle some large databases - from 5GB to 50GB approximately. I have been dealing with MSSQL and MySQL for a while - and I have those servers licenses and running. However, I am not familiar with how Oracle does things. Does anyone out there have some suggestions as to what type of licens...

Amazing database for Delphi
In the past I used many databases with Delphi, like sql server, Interbase, BDE and many others, Last year I had standalone project for a Church, the project wasn’t that big, but had thousands of records with a lot of big tables. To avoid any dependencies “BDE, DLLs, servers etc.” I had to find small, compact, and compiles right into my EXE. However, after I looked around (you can find my post on this site), many developers recommended Absolute Database, so I tried it and the price was very good, I surprised how this database handles very advance and complex queries and very fast. I re...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Backup a MySQL database from Delphi
Is there an easy way to backup/restore a MySQL tables from my Delphi application. The database is hosted by my Web host. To remotely connect to my MySQL database, I use ADO (dbGo tab) components. My tables use MyISAM. Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? BTW, I use Delphi 2009. > Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? mysqldump does not need any additional connectivity layer, like ADO, ODBC or what else. mysqldump uses TCP/IP to connect to MySQL server. So, all what you need: - mysqldump of the your MySQL server version; - run mysqldum...

Delphi Array to Oracle Database
I have a Oracle Package: CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Array_Test AS TYPE my_array IS VARRAY (10) OF String; PROCEDURE proc_array_test ( p_param1 IN Varchar2, p_array IN my_array); END Array_Test / In Delphi I created an array InfoArray : array[0..9] of String; and would like to pass InfoArray to the Oracle Package Array_Test as a parameter. How do I do that? dmMyDatamodel.stpMyStoredProcedure.ParamByName(‘p_param1’).Text := ‘TESTING’; dmMyDatamodel.stpMyStoredProcedure.ParamByName(‘p_array’) ???????? .... this is where I get stuck. I'm using DBExpress. Thanks ...

how to access other database in this database ?

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

Delphi embedded Database with Pivot
Hello, We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease deployment issues. All our code is standard SQL, except for the call to the PIVOT command, which we need, and seems specific to SQL server. Do any of the native delphi databases have commands similar to Pivot? Thanks, Dave -- David Novo wrote: > Hello, > > We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We > want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease > ...

Web resources about - borland.public.delphi.database.general not fond - embarcadero.delphi.database

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...