BDE and SQL commands

Hello!

I am upgrading an old application (a big one with houndreds of forms). It's database Components are BDE, and the database is a MS SQL Server.
Change to FireDac would be an enormous job!

My problem is I want to do SQL commands like "Where In (1,2)"  and "IsNull(Field, 0)".

These command are not supported by BDE and I get an error executing them. Is there any way in BDE to bypass any syntax checks and just send the Query to the MS SQL server untouched?

Best regards, Mikael
0
Mikael

By default, the BDE does not parse your SQL. It sends it straight to the
server. I recommend you use embarcadero.public.bde.general group for any
further questions regarding the BDE.

I'll also note that should look at refind to convert your application
from BDE to FireDAC. For details see:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Migrating_BDE_Applications_to_FireDAC

Mikael Lenfors wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am upgrading an old application (a big one with houndreds of forms). It's database Components are BDE, and the database is a MS SQL Server.
> Change to FireDac would be an enormous job!
>
> My problem is I want to do SQL commands like "Where In (1,2)"  and "IsNull(Field, 0)".
>
> These command are not supported by BDE and I get an error executing them. Is there any way in BDE to bypass any syntax checks and just send the Query to the MS SQL server untouched?
>
> Best regards, Mikael

0
quinn

what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ?
i am being dirty to Access DataBase from Sql Sever Database for my new work.But the sql string of Access sounds like a little different,can i use  the sql string of SqlSever for Access database,too?another question is: Does Access DataBase support Sql StoreProcedure??? when i worked in Access2000 ,did not see any about StoreProcedure,but i download a file named AccessHelper.cs  , some function of it looks like support StoreProcedure,Does it?  i want to fly ... Hi dkzeng ,Your first question     The string of both sqlsever and acce...

Sybase SQL Anywhere <--> Delphi non-BDE,ODBS,SQL Links Data Access.
Betatesters are welcome! Non BDE, but BDE-like ... http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html Edward Smirnov pr@microolap.com Hi Ed, This is the sqlanywhere general forum. If you want us to try your product, at least describe it technically. I notice no readme, help files, or faq's at your site..... Edward Smirnov wrote: > > Betatesters are welcome! > > Non BDE, but BDE-like ... > > http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html > > Edward Smirnov > pr@microolap.com I agree with Al. Although I'm curious, and co...

How to SQL command on Sybase database?
Dear everybody I'm using software's name "Symposium Server". It's a Computer Telephony Integration(CTI) for controling the Nortel PBX. This software is using Sybase database for maintain the call informations and It is provided the permission to query the data by using SQL command too. But I don't know the structure of SQL command for query Sybase database because I cannot use SUBSTR or TO_CHAR on it same Oracle database. Please tell me that where I can found SQL command document for query on Sybase database? Regards, The hidden dragon ...

INSERT data into SQL table... TableAdapter Commands or SQL Commands? Which is best?
I've been working on some unbound data forms, and trying to decide what is best when inserting and/or updating a record into a SQL table.    I can successfully use SQL commands to insert data from VS2008 into a sql table on the server, doing something such as... Dim conn As New SqlConnection("server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourDatabaseName")Using conn conn.Open() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("UPDATE tableName SET folderName = @folder WHERE id = @id", conn) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@folder", txtFolder.Te...

How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database?
Hi guys,I'm trying to find solutions to help me in creating a SQL Mobile 2005 database from a SQL 2005 database, with the same table structure and data.May I know how can I achieve this?Thanks.Regards,Jenson Hi Jenson, Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server 2005 is able to open SQL Mobile 2005 database. However you need either SQL or .NET code to convert SQL Mobile 2005 database this way. Here is an example from MSDN forums which is to convert to xls instead: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78640&SiteID=1Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Suppo...

Database SQL Insert / Update Command
Hi there. I just want to ask on how one could verify that the insert/ update command issued on ASP.NET / VB.NET command is executed and committed.  Like:Dim strSQL As StringstrSQL = "Insert Into...."Connect to database.Execute the SQL..Disconnect  So what parameter do I need to check that the Database tells me that the update or insert command was successful and committed properly.Thanks.  TransactionScope is probably what you're looking for. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/system.transactions.transactionscope.aspx An alternative way I find that's easy to use a...

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

SQL Server Database File vs SQL Server Database -VWD Express
VWD Express 2008, SQL Server Express 2005. I have been using SQL Server Express with ASP and VB for some years - I just create a DB in Management Studio Express, have SQL Server set to 'SQL Server and Windows authentication', and use a connection string with 'sa' and a password (I never have managed to get it working with 'integrated security', but that is probably irrelevant to this post). So I have a list of DB's attached to SQL Server that I can see, attach, detach etc in MSE. I am getting started with .NET. Working through a VWD Express book tutori...

sql express 2008 database to sql server 2008 database what bits do I need to download
I need a client program for my pc so I can put my sql express 2008 database on a sql server 2008.  My SQL server is off on some generic web host. I tried management studio 2005 express version won't open my .mdf file but it opens my web host database. I tried to download full version of sql server 2008 but couldn't find the management studio program in the download.    Is there a trial or a preview I can download from microsoft that has the bits? Thanks Dan. I don't ask many questions but I'm trying to partisipate in this community.Good Luc...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

Delphi BDE alternative for Sybase SQL Anywhere
ASADAC (Sybase SQL Anywhere Data Access Components) ver. 1.0.0.122 final release is available. ASADAC works with Delphi 4/5 and Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.x / 6.x / 7.0 without BDE/ODBC. Operation with ASADAC looks absolutely the same as operation with BDE. History/Bug list is available on http://www.microolap.com/History(BugReport)EN.html ASADAC page: http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html Downloads page: http://www.microolap.com/MODownLoadsPage.html Edward Smirnov asadac@microolap.com http://www.microolap.com ...

Insert SQL on Sql Command
i'm using an sql command for insert query it looks like this cmd=new sqlcommand("insert into tblname values('" & textbox1.text & "')",cn) cmd.executereader the problem is if i type a singlequote or double quote an error is throwing,invalid syntax .... how can i s'rt out it with out using a sql stored procedure thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPras© Hi, try replacing the single quotes present in your input with double single quotes ... example below: string sqlInput = textbox1.text.Replace("'","''...

Web resources about - BDE and SQL commands - embarcadero.delphi.database

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PSA: You can now type ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in Google Hangouts with an easy slash command
Sage LaTorra, a Test Engineer at Google, just told the world about an awesome little Easter egg he added to Google Hangouts. He's one to often ...

How to start using Google app voice commands to make your life easier
... last time I used Siri for anything but to hear it beatbox (which is tragically awful), but as CNET points out in a new video, the voice commands ...

A rescue puppy is an internet star after learning to smile on command
... video that was viewed over 13 million times . The video was posted by Amanda Robles, his temporary foster owner. It shows him smiling on command, ...

Alabama Probate Judge Faces Conflicting Commands In Same-Sex Marriage Cases
A federal judge refuses to put an order striking down the state's ban on same-sex marriages on hold. Mobile County Probate Judge Don Davis now ...

Rescue puppy flashes "cheesy" grin on command
Video of American Staffordshire Terrier puppy smiling after being told to "Say Cheese" goes viral

Space graffiti discovered inside Apollo 11 command module
Workers at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum uncover astronauts' scribbles that haven't been seen for 40 years.

Inside tomorrow's mobile drone command post
... for serious work. But how to monitor and control them? The Trident is a converted Mercedes-Benz van that can act as a complete mobile command ...

First Females Start Applying To Join Marine Special Operations Command
'MARSOC remains committed to sustaining and improving our combat effectiveness'

Abbreviated pundit roundup: Cruz and Rubio rumble at GOP debate, but Trump still commands attention
We begin today’s roundup with Josh Voorhees at Slate who catalogues Ted Cruz's whining and awkward jokes during the debate (with video): Say ...