2 Decimal point value Problem..

Hi guys,

Need help!
How to create a DBF table with Floating Point column (2 Decimal Places)  in Delphi code?
Thanks.

Regards,
Eric
0
coiner

coiner roy wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Need help!
> How to create a DBF table with Floating Point column (2 Decimal
> Places)  in Delphi code?  Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Eric

Which Delphi version?
Which Database components?
No problems with creating other kinds of dbf-tables or columns?

Tiedo
Tiedo

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

how to convert value with decimal point into value with decimal comma
Hello,  I like to know how I can change (for example) the value 55.55 into 55,55. (The system in my country is using comma's instead of points) I'm starting with  a string with the value "55.55" Then I will convert it to a double 55,55 Do I need the the system.Globalization namespace or is there just a simple solution?               Hi,If you are just going to use this format for display then it would be easy to do this:double dTemp;dTemp = 55.55;Response.Write(dTemp.ToString().Replace(".",","));H...

Problem with decimal point in datawindow #2
I have a problem with decimals in a datawindow. -When i use a decimal with editmask #0.00 or #0,00 the number i receive from the datawindow is not a decimal For ex.: dec (datawindow.Object.decimal[1]) = 165 (and not 16.5) I tried to change the settings in the registry in the beginning of my program, because the standard on my computer the decimal sign is a comma. So I change it in the program to a point and at the end of the program back to a comma . I also tried to use an edit field but then i have the same problem. What can i do about this? Thanks Glenn Whic...

Using Data Values from 2 tables of a database to calculate an average of the 2 values
Hi all,I had a ChemDatasbase with 2 tables (LabData & LabResults) in the Sqlexpress server of my SQL Server Management Studio Express. In my VWD 2005 Express, I used DropDownList and GridView controls in the Default.aspx of my RPD-1 website to get the following output:          RPD-1 Output                   Label1: LabData-SampleID                  &n...

Keeping DBEdit value to 2 decimal point
How can I prevent the DBEdit from accepting more than 2 decimal points? I have a situation that the DBEdit gets an amount like 2.675 and at exit, it gets rounded up to 2.68. We need this to alert the user and not round the amount at exit, or not accept more than 2 decimal points to begin with. Any suggestion is appreciated. what about regular expressions? ^[0-9]*[.,]?[0-9]{0,2}$ I haven't test the expression so you have to find it by your self. > {quote:title=Deborah Sassounian wrote:}{quote} > How can I prevent the DBEdit from accepting more than 2 decimal points? &g...

CompareValidator fail if currency value more than 2 decimal point
Does anyone encounter problem using the compare validator against a textbox with operator=DataTypeCheck, type="Currency" and the textbox value contains more than 2 decimal point? With type="Double" it works fine with more than 2 decimal point but must not have comma. Below is my test result: Currency 10,200.20 pass Currency 10,200.204 fail Double 10,200.20 fail Double 10200.204 pass Any suggestion to overcome this issue? Leon ...

how do i keep a value with 2 integers following a decimal point?
 Hi All.I have a number like 0.50 i.e a value representing money in a double variable.However, it loses the last 0 and i am left with 0.5. I am using the formatCurrency function but still no luck. The problem is when i display the value stored, it only displays at 0.5 not 0.50. Any solutions?Thanks  How many parameters are you passing to FormatCurrency()? The second parameter, which is optional, specifies the number of decimal places to display. I looked here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3352e6f5(VS.80).aspx Try FormatCurrency(moneyAmount, 2) Hope this helps. EDIT...

how to round mumeric value upto 3 decimal points in asp 2.0
hi i want to rount numericvalues up to 3 dicimal points in asp 2.0, how can i achive this goal.   If you just want to show this value as string use:  x.ToString("0.000") - to show always three decimals (even they are zero) x.ToString("0.###") - to show only existing decimals - up to three.   If you need it as number - after string conversion - just use Decimal dec = Convert.ToDecimal(x.ToString("0.###"))   Code works in all ASP 2.0 languages Regards,Florin Antoci...

Database problem #2
Hello, I'm getting the stupid data type mismatch error when trying to select from my access database. The problem is I'm trying to select by ID which is an autonumber and I've verified the number being sent via the query is valid. I'm completely stumped on what to do here. Any advice? hello, can u show us some code please !!!Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Decimal Problem #2
Hello all, I need some help regarding the dreaded decimal point. We are migrating from PB 5.0 (win 95) to PB 7.0 (win 2000). Some of out clients have the decimal separator set to a "," comma. The older PB 5.0 application displays decimals correctly (1,47). but once we upgraded the same value is displayed (1,00). Can somebody help? TIA matt We have Version 7.0.2 Build 8003 "Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message news:1VMW$QJ3AHA.290@forums.sybase.com... > What build are you on? Have you applied one of the more recen...

database problem #2
i have this very serious error... when i open startup page at client computer the database(microsoft access database) in the server is automatically lock.. so when i open again the startup page to another client... it generates error.. it say the record is lock... coz the page request cannot write to the server database.... what is wrong with this??.. thanks in advance.. This is a well known security issue. The ASPNET user must have rights to create files in the folder where the MDB file is located.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Database problem #2
Dear Sir/Madam, I am using SQLAnywhere 5.504. I have a table called rate. When I executed 'validate table rate' in ISQL, a message 'run time SQL error -- Primary key for rate has missing index entries' is prompted. After I have dropped the primary key and validate the table again, a message 'run time SQL error -- row count in SYSTABLE incorrect' is prompted. I don't want to unload the database because the size is about 1.2GB and with about 20 remote databases for replication. What can I do? Regards, Charles. Charles, you have a pretty signif...

Storing values with more than 2 decimal places in a NUMERIC(9,2) field
With Interbase 7.5.1 I recently found that dbExpress (Delphi 7.1) allows to store more than two decimal places in a column which is defined as NUMERIC(9,2). Is this known behaviour? A related problem with dbExpress in Delphi is, that a record who uses more than 2 decimal places in this DECIMLA(9,2) column can not be edited in a data entry form which uses TSQLQuery and TClientDataSet: the ApplyUpdates method will fail with "record not found or modified by an other user". Best Regards -- Michael Justin SCJP, SCJA betasoft - Software for Delphi™ and for the Java™ ...

decimal point #2
------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C1A834.21827C90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am trying to move the decimal point 2 places to the the left. Eg : To make 4536233 into 45362.33 I tried this $total = "4536233"; $total = sprintf("%0.2f",$total); print "$total"; But I get this 4536233.00 Can anyone help please Regards Stuart Clark ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C1A834.21827C90-- Dear Stuart, The Sprintf function may not be able to change the value of the scalar varia...

Web resources about - 2 Decimal point value Problem.. - embarcadero.delphi.database

Penny (Irish pre-decimal coin) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The penny (1d) ( Irish : pingin ) coin was the third smallest denomination of the pre-decimal Irish pound , worth 1/240 of a pound or 1/12 of ...

Dewey Decimal Classification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This highly organized system categorizes books on library shelves in an efficient, specific and repeatable order that makes it easy to find any ...

4th Grade Splash Math Worksheets to learn decimal numbers, multiplication, division & fractions for kids ...
Get 4th Grade Splash Math Worksheets to learn decimal numbers, multiplication, division & fractions for kids on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Dewey Decimal Tattoo - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Children's librarians represent.

Math of the Day: Sesame Street’s The Count Reads Pi to 10,000 Decimal Places
... has created a true monster out of your favorite Sesame Street vampire, with audio of The Count reading every digit of Pi out 10,000 decimal ...

Paul Harapin heads Decimal Software after VCE ousting
Former VCE Asia-Pacific boss, Paul Harapin, has taken over as CEO of Decimal Software.

Feeling green: the dangers of decimal currency
The curious case of possibly toxic coins, via Austria and a devastatingly original idea for Canberra.

Jobless Rates With Another Decimal
The BLS reported a jobless rate of 8.3% for both January and February. Adding an extra decimal, the unemployment rates would actually be 8.26% ...

JPMorgan Sued by Trader Over $3 Million Decimal Point
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is being sued by a trader who says he accepted a contract from the investment bank because a typographical error made him ...

.Decimal Archive - Houston Gamer
It was only back in August when newly-formed Houston game studio Orb Interactive launched a Kickstarter campaign for “.Decimal”, a sci-fi take ...