"unavailable database" fishFacts demo not running Delphi 2010 Enterprise [Edit]

I tried making an Alias but not sure what name should be? It is a gdb dbDemos.gdb file in

C:\Program Files\Common Files\CodeGear Shared\Data\dbdemos.gdb

I tried starting 2009 Interbase server But that did not seem to help.

Strange to be having such problems.Debugger does not seem to give helpful answer.

Any help is appreciated

Richard

PS it would be nice to see youtube clip on how to make a a report with a database grid and how to print it.

Also nice to see a video on how to make an installation disk for a database project? Or is Inno  Setup the best option for this ?

More help on how to migrate Delphi 5 components / projects to Delphi 2010 would be nice too.

Edited by: Richard Caruana on Jan 5, 2010 3:32 PM
0
Richard

"Richard Caruana" wrote in message news:199996@forums.codegear.com...
>I tried making an Alias but not sure what name should be? It is a gdb
>dbDemos.gdb file in
>
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\CodeGear Shared\Data\dbdemos.gdb

Are you trying to use the BDE (TTable or TQuery)?

If so, don't. The BDE (SQL Links) has been deprecated for years now. For any
new application you definitely want to use something else.

The easiest components to use with Interbase are the IBX (IBExpress)
components.

> I tried starting 2009 Interbase server But that did not seem to help.

You can see if IB is running by looking at Services. The development license
requires you to restart it every couple of days is all.

> PS it would be nice to see youtube clip on how to make a a report with a
> database grid and how to print it.

A database grid will not produce a printed report. Use a report engine.

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
0

I tried double clicking fishfact.dproj while delphi 2010 Enterprise is running.

and I get "unavailable database"

Not sure what to ... I thought the project was 'ready to go".

6:00am in the morning grey matter has not engaged yet. (PS old Delphi C/S 5 Enterprise user)

I thought the project was ready to go???
0
Richard
1/7/2010 7:08:45 PM
"Richard Caruana" wrote in message news:200704@forums.codegear.com...
> Hello Wayne,
>
> I tried double clicking fishfact.dproj while delphi 2010 Enterprise is
> running.
>
> and I get "unavailable database"

Are you sure you installed the BDE when you installed Delphi?

Try starting the BDE Admin from control panel, does it start?

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
0
Richard Caruana wrote:

> and I get "unavailable database"

That message normally means that the InterBase server
service is not running. Go to Control Panel |
Administrative Tools | Services and make sure that the
InterBase Guardian and the InterBase Server have started.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

I tried starting Interbase 2009 Server....

Services error message
"Windows could not start the Interbase 2009 Server gds_db service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Any help is appreciated

Richard Caruana

> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
> Richard Caruana wrote:
>
> > and I get "unavailable database"
>
> That message normally means that the InterBase server
> service is not running. Go to Control Panel |
> Administrative Tools | Services and make sure that the
> InterBase Guardian and the InterBase Server have started.
>
> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Richard
1/8/2010 10:25:31 AM
I have no idea why the IB server service would not run on
Vista. I don't have a Vista machine. Did you install the
version of IB that comes with D2010 or did you download the
free Developers Edition and install that?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
> Did you install the
> version of IB that comes with D2010 or did you download the
> free Developers Edition and install that?

I downloaded the Delphi 2010 ISO then made a dvd from it and installed the IB 2009 from that.

Kind regards

Richard
0
Richard
1/8/2010 9:32:00 PM
Richard Caruana wrote:

> I downloaded the Delphi 2010 ISO then made a dvd from it
> and installed the IB 2009 from that.

As I said, I have no idea. Perhaps someone else will have a
suggestion. I assume you were logged on as an administrator
when you did the install. My only other suggestion is to
download the Developers Edition of IB2009 and install that.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

Don't I get a free copy of IB 2009 with Delphi 2010 like I did with Delphi 5 C/S Enterprise ?

I ran the product license Manager in c:\Codegear\Interbase\bin

What do I do now?

I found the following...
Are the Server and ToGo Trials supplied as FULL FREE versions to owners of Delphi 2010 ?

Download Free Trial

Please select the platform, language and version you would like to download.
PLATFORMS 	LANGUAGES 	VERSION 	SIZE
InterBase SMP 2009 (9.0.3.437) Developer Edition for Windows
Windows 	English 	2009 	17.1MB

InterBase SMP 2009 (9.0.3.437) Server Trial for Windows
InterBase SMP 2009 Server Trial for Windows, English language version 90-day Trial Download Updated: 18-Aug-2009
Windows 	English 	2009 	17.1MB

InterBase SMP 2009 (9.0.3.437) ToGo Trial for Windows
InterBase SMP 2009 ToGo Trial for Windows, English language version 90-day Trial Download
Windows 	English 	2009 	12.2MB

from page

https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/interbase

Edited by: Richard Caruana on Jan 8, 2010 6:31 PM

Edited by: Richard Caruana on Jan 8, 2010 6:52 PM
0
Richard
1/9/2010 2:56:54 AM
Woop dee doo !  IB Server 2009 and console have been started.

All I had to do was download Developer Version of  IB 2009 SMP from
https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/interbase

FishFact Demo is now is now running.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by: Richard Caruana on Jan 8, 2010 7:46 PM
0
Richard
1/9/2010 3:47:40 AM
You also could have used the serial number provided in the install.htm
file included with Delphi 2010.

Richard Caruana wrote:
> Woop dee doo !  IB Server 2009 and console have been started.
>
> All I had to do was download Developer Version of  IB 2009 SMP from
> https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/interbase
>
> FishFact Demo is now is now running.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> Edited by: Richard Caruana on Jan 8, 2010 7:46 PM
0
quinn

Database Attributes are always "database shutdown", but DB runs [Edit]
Hello, one of our InterBase production systems now shows a strange status in the Database header: * the transaction number no longer increases * the Attributes are 'database shutdown' We have backuped / restored the database and the problem still exists. If we open the database in IBConsole and check the Database statistics, we get this report every time: {code} Database header page information: Flags 0 Checksum 12345 Generation 265 Page size 8192 ODS version ...

"unavailable database" interbase 2009 to go edition [Edit]
Hello, I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc.. The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error. I did the next steps: - I used TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application. - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application. ...

generate all "CREATE DATABASE" DLL and all "DATABASE
Hi, I would like to generate all "CREATE DATABASE" DLL and all "DATABASE OBJECT" DLL. I don't want to use SQL central to this because I have a lot of database, I prefer a automatic process instead of a manuel one. Thank you so much form your help R�mi >>>>> "mi" == mi Roy <R> writes: mi> Hi, I would like to generate all "CREATE DATABASE" DLL and all mi> "DATABASE OBJECT" DLL. mi> I don't want to use SQL central to this because I have a lot of mi> database, I pref...

Always "safe" to run "Repair Local Database"????
I have read many TIDs about NDS corruption after running "repair local Database" in DSrepair. In the course of performing an NDS "Health Check" prior to upgrading from NetWare 5.0 to NetWare 5.1, I came up with several obituaries (DEAD and BACKLINKED) when I "Checked External References". Now I don't know how to get rid of them, and am afraid to corrupt the NDS database on this server by performing "Repair Local Database". Thanks On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:37:55 GMT, rsims@appliedtm.com wrote: >I have read many TIDs about NDS cor...

embedded firebird :"Unavailable database" [Edit]
Hello, I just installed firebird Embedded, by copying the firebird file "fbembed.dll" at the root of my delphi(2006) application and then renoming it to "GDS32.dll" On my form I put an TIBDatabase and in the proprety "Database name", i mention the path oy data base (base.gdb), I pass after that the "Connected properties " to "True" I enter my username and my password and I have an error message: "*Unavailable database*" ... What is this? I searched and I found that Firebird server (embedded) accepts only one connection...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

"Run until return" not working correctly in Delphi 2010
Hi everybody, for me, "run until return" does not work correctly when in debug dcus. Imagine a new VCL forms application with this method: procedure TForm3.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); var A: WideString; begin A := 'Hello World'; A := ''; end; 1. Compile the program with "debug dcus" on. 2. Set a breakpoint to the first line and run there. 3. Do "trace into" (F7) and find yourself in procedure _WStrLAsg from the System unit. 4. Do "Run until return" (shift + F8). I would expect to be back on the first line ...

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

[Delphi XE2] "Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box [Edit]
"Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box when using windows classic theme (windows 7 64bits). Notepad on the contrary still have the "Seacrh ..." box in its open file dialog. Check the images below(they are not mine but show the issue) This one does have the "search document" box in the upper right corner. http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png This one does not have it. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. ...

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

"Access database" and "Login error"
Hey guys,I'm trying to get an Access database to be the location of the username/password combinations. I've done it is as far as I can tell, but I'm now stuck with the following error.These are some of things I have doneSet up the database in ODBC under the name "OdbcServices"Put the database in the "App_data" folder in the website directoryThanks for any help that you guys can give about the error.The Naked Programmer------------------------------------------ Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the proc...

Web resources about - "unavailable database" fishFacts demo not running Delphi 2010 Enterprise [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.database