Timeout

I received this error message during a query:
Request timed out due to user timeout

How can I set a longer timeout?

The query works fine with BDE, but takes 10 minutes.
In shorter queries the ADO version is much faster than the BDE version, even though the ADO version has to go through ODBC. But in the full query, the ADO version times out.

Thanks,
Jon
0
Jon

Jon,

  If you are using the TADOQuery, the CommandTimeout doesn't work
(http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=18033), so use the TADODataSet set
it's CommandTimeout as needed.

Good luck,
krf

<Jon Jacobs> wrote in message news:8476@forums.codegear.com...
>I received this error message during a query:
> Request timed out due to user timeout
>
> How can I set a longer timeout?
>
> The query works fine with BDE, but takes 10 minutes.
> In shorter queries the ADO version is much faster than the BDE version,
> even though the ADO version has to go through ODBC. But in the full query,
> the ADO version times out.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon
0
Kevin
8/29/2008 7:07:40 PM
> {quote:title=Jon Jacobs wrote:}{quote}
> How can I set a longer timeout?

TADODataSet has CommandTimeout property that you can set.
Default value is 30 seconds

regards

/Micke
0
Mikael
8/29/2008 7:10:19 PM
> {quote:title=Jon Jacobs wrote:}{quote}
> How can I set a longer timeout?

TADODataSet has CommandTimeout property that you can set.

regards

/Micke
0
Mikael
8/29/2008 7:10:19 PM
>TADODataSet
Thank you all very much.

Jon
0
Jon

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

ADO Timeout?
Anybody knows if I can change the default ADO timeout on the windows registry?  Thanks!"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience" ADO or ADO.NET?  Command timeout? Connection timeout? Why the registry??  Why not where it's being used?Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site ADO,   not ADO.NET.  The reason we want to use the regsitry in this case is because this is a legacy VB6 application that we do not want to recompile and redeploy again. We just want to override the value on the producti...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

ASA8 and Delphi ADO? Is it work?
Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with Delphi via ADO. ---------------------------------- Oleg Kovalevsky Moscow, Russia I haven't tested ASA8 with Delphi, but I'm using ASA7 with Delphi 5 and ADOExpress. There are some glitches, but ASA support has been very helpful with addressing the problems. On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:01:05 +0300, "Oleg Kovalevsky" <okovalevsky@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with >Delphi via ADO. > > >----------...

Delphi 2010, ADO and Datamodule
I installed Delphi 2010 on a Windows 7 x64. I have build a few applications using a datamodule and several Adodatasets, connecting to a SQL server. Until Delphi 2009 everything worked fine. When I open the project with 2010, I get an error, stating it can not find something, it probebly is not installed corectly. I tried reïnstalling without any succes. Projects with the sam AdO conecctions but no Datamodule run fine. Any sugestions? Regards, Kees Flipsen Kees Flipsen wrote: > I get an error, stating it can not find something, Do you really expect someone to be able...

System.ADO with Delphi debugger.
By 2 or 3 days Delphi debugger D7 , D9 and DXE stops with a System ADO fatal error (irretrievable error), when the program sets to True the ADOConnection's connected property. If the executable program run outside IDE the error does'nt raise, but when it starts inside IDE with debug option the error raise and the program stops and don't open the desired connection. I tried to repair MDAC on my system (Win32 XP SP3), but the problem remain. What can I do to use the debugger into IDE? (I use Delphi since 11 years and this problem never raised). Studio Rubabno Chairman wrote: &...

Delphi, ADO, SQL Anywhere
This combination seem not to work together. I'm using D5 Enterprise, ASA 6.03 w/latest EBF On some tables it works. But most of the tables produce a message "An Error occured". As soon as data bound contols are used, the connection just gives errors. It seem to work fine, if I use client based cursors. But this option copys the server table to the local client. This is not acceptable for my large tables. It lasts several minutes on my pc. Are there plans to release a native OLE DB provider for ASA or at least to fix the ODBC driver so, that ADO can be used? I am very...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

Delphi + Long Binary + ADO
How can I update a long binary field in an ASA6 database using Delphi + ADO (not ADOExpress)? I have the blob in a string, but when trying to update the field, I get an "invalid variant conversion" error. If I re-type the field to a long varchar, the update seems to work, but I concerned that this may be affected by code page selection. Do I have to worry about raw bytes written to a long varchar not coming back in exactly the same form? From the database side of things, a LONG VARCHAR and LONG BINARY should be treated exactly the same way. I might try posting this ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Intersolv/ADO Timeout Error
Hi All, I'm getting an error upon calling certain stored procs from Sybase11. Of the many sp's we have on this system, we have 6 that, from time to time will just not run. They return this error: Run-time error '-2147217871' (which is an ado error# - Execution aborted because a resource limit has been reached; no results have been returned) ct_results(): user api layer: Internal Client Library error: Read form the server has timed out. The funny thing is, these are not huge stored procs. They only run for about 20 -30 secs before returning this error. I ...

Web resources about - Timeout - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Mom On Timeout - Delicious recipes, fun crafts, DIY, and more!
Hi there! I'm Trish - the resident "Mom On Timeout". I am a stay-at-home mommy and love spending precious time with my two little boys, Reece ...

Timeout (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... take place, unless another specified event occurs first; in either case, the period is terminated when either event takes place. Note: A timeout ...

Kyrie Irving and coach David Blatt disagree about timeout: Cavaliers at Knicks - YouTube
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving and coach David Blatt disagreed about a late timeout during a game against the New York Knicks.

Should the NBA reduce the number of timeouts per game?
Should the NBA reduce the number of timeouts per game?

New Android apps worth downloading: RetailMeNot update, Kiddy Timer Timeout Toothbrush, UNO & Friends ...
Save some money this weekend with the updated coupon app RetailMeNot, which brings you discounts from the stores around you and has added deals ...

Galaxy Button Lights App Finally Lets Galaxy S6 Users Change The Capacitive Button Timeout
In their infinite wisdom, most US carriers opted to remove the Galaxy S6 settings to change the backlight timeout for the capacitive back and ...

NorthWestern Energy calls 'timeout' on controversial MSTI power line
BUTTE — NorthWestern Energy officials have told multiple federal agencies to stop their work on a controversial power line, halting progress ...

Rajon Rondo and Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle Have Heated Exchange During Timeout - Bleacher Report
Dallas Mavericks point guard Rajon Rondo joined the team in mid-December, but it looks like he is already butting heads with his head coach, ...

A timeout from the usual raving about the degenerate Village menagerie, except for a Borowitz Report ...
The House Republican Menagerie gathered behind closed doors today and apparently with a bare minimum of opposition chose Majority Whip Kevin ...

Oakland Mayor Threatens Anarchists With a Timeout
This woman makes David Dinkins look like a pillar of granite when it comes to placating mindless thuggery. Heck, Mikey Bloomberg could give her ...