TBlobField, ADO and SQLite

Hi,

I have some code that uses TADOQuery.CreateBlobStream to read the contents of a BLOB field. The code has worked fine for many years with MS-Access. Switching to SQLite, suddenly it all goes wrong with the error message that I am attempting an invalid typecast. This happens even though SQLiteStudio reports the field in the base table as a BLOB, the run-time field type is ftBytes, and an explicit typecast of the field as a TBlobField works.

Anyone know what is it about SQLite that prevents CreateBlobStream working?

Thanks

Trevor Cooper
0
Trevor

I have an appliction tha that is writen in Delphi 5 with ADOConnetion, ADOTable, and ADOQuery components. I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. I have the program building in with Delphi 2007. Is there anything I need to do to convert the ADO to ADO.NET? > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. Why ? -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine Reasons for change: - We already own the Delphi 2007. - We have existing product (code) what was created in Delphi 5. - We are wanting to update to the newer version and convert to the ADO.NET connection instead of the ADO. - I am being told to upgrade becuase ADO has issues with locking up machines and meno when used with SQL on very large datasets. Do you know what I need to do to convert the existing connections in ADO to ADO.NET? > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. > > Why ? > > -- > With best regards, > Dmitry Arefiev > AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, > Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, > ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine Unitime Development wrote: > I need to upgr...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    connTemp.Open ConnDriver        Set rsTemp = connTemp.Execute(sqlStatement)            Set ExecuteSQL = rsTemp        Set rsTemp = Nothing    Set connTemp = NothingEnd FunctionNow as you can see, this makes it easy for me to execute database connections, which can be done like this:Set rsTemp = ExecuteSQL("SELECT * FROM tablename ORDER BY id DESC")  Do Until rsTemp.EOF = True      Response.Write rsTemp("name")      rsTemp.MoveNext  LoopSet rsTemp = NothingThis code will loop through the database, displaying all the results in descending order. It will write the information from the column named 'name'. That's all well and good, but what I'm experiencing is using ADO.NET isn't as easy or simple as this.So far, I'...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.Connection Dim cmdText As String Dim cnnString As String cnnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=<database>;Persist Security Info=False" With myCnn .ConnectionString = cnnString .Open() End With cmdText = "SELECT * FROM <table>" myRst.Open(cmdText, myCnn) tblFields = myRst.Fields Dim TotalCount As Integer TotalCount = tblFields.Count For Each myField In tblFields Debug.Print myField.Name Next myField myRst.Close() This code works in VB6, but I really need it for an ASP.NET application. I want to get away from ADO and into ADO.NET Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks There are way to many way to list how to do this. You co...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

ADO
Does anyone have any examples of using Microsoft's ADO and powerbuilder. I am looking into ways of getting metadata of any connections I make in my Powerbuilder Application. Currently I am using the ODBC API's to achieve this. I have looked and tested some ADO calls in VB and find that it is much faster than ODBC in getting metadata. Thanks In Advance Derrick ...

ADO
I use Sql server.Is ADO most appriate for operating with this?Please tell me some good knowledge resourse . If not please tell me what is more appropriate and also please tell me some good knowledge resourse. Pero perov wrote: > I use Sql server.Is ADO most appriate for operating with this?Please > tell me some good knowledge resourse . If not please tell me what > is more appropriate and also please tell me some good knowledge > resourse. Yes ADO (dbGo) is the most appropriate. -- Regards, -Steve Faleiro- What about anydac or sdac? Thx "Steve Falei...

ADO
Hi Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to use the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI? Thanks David Billingham Senior Software Developer - Poise Associates Email: db@poise.co.uk PS Why do so many people have problems unsubscribing? I run a Majordomo list and it's a comman thing for people on the list to get in a real tangle about unsubscribing.... :) This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. Use of this e-mail or of any information in it other than by the addressee is un...

ADO
Hello friends, I am developing a .NET application using VB.NET which connects to Oracle 9i and inserts some data.I have done it using OLEDB I mean System.Data.OLEDB namespace and objects.Now my question is can I do the same thing using ADO like in classic ASP instead of OLEDB. If so could you pleae show me with a sample code to create a connection object , command object and passing connection object to command object , execute the command and dispose the command object. Thanks in advance Tadak....

ADO
Hi NG, i try to connect to a sybase-db via adodc (visual basic). i can only select from the db. Updates will produce a e_fail. now i read in the white paper of msdasql, that msdasql requires an odbc-driver to be odbc-version 3.x conformance level 1. the sybase ase odbc driver (v. 3.50.00.10) are only core. is there a way to connect sybase using ado? please help me marcel Sybase 12.0 (PC-client) - VB6 - SP5 - MDAC2.6 firstly,you can install the mdac 2.6,and then install the oledb provider for sybase, the second step: you can use the createobject("adodb.conne...

ADO
Hi All, all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as CursorLocation <adUserServer>. Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay attantion for ? regards and TIA Jan Waiz Yes, you can aduseclient with ASA 8.0.1 and ASA 7.0.4 ebf 2738 or later. If you use client side cursors, you cannot retrieve multiple result sets from a stoed procedure. This has nothing to do with ASA, but you should only use client side cursors for small result sets, otherwise you risk running into application performance issues, since the res...

ado
Is anyone using ADO in PB 5.04 successfully? thanks! adam hodge ahodge@crowechizek.com ...

ADO
I don't know if I am posting this to the right spot, but boy do I need help! I have to create a VB project using visual studio to do the work. The tables I need to do the work is one part of the problem, they are mdb files. Do i have to have access to open mdb files because I don't have that and i can't find a free trial. Believe it or not this is my smalles problem. I have no idea how to do some of the things the project asks for. I will include the instructions and the file I have to open. Input: to complete you need existing file CustomerOrder.mdb that has 2 tables: customer and orde...

ADO
I have some problem to connect with transaction component to a ODBC LotusNoteSQL driver. I want to try with ADO component. I search some sample. Can you help me? Thank Thierry More info.... When I try to connect with transaction, and Select with Query, I have no problem with test button (I can see all my records) but in a form with any object (grid, listview ...) I see nothing !!! SOS, Heeeeelppppp meeeeeee Thierry ...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

ADO.NET equivalent to ADO recordset
I'm new to ASP.NET 2.0 and ADO.Net but have some experience with oldschool ASP and ADO :)My question is ADO.NET has an equivalent to ADO recordset?In normal ADO I use to read and compare database cells 1 set User= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 2 User_sql = "SELECT * FROM tblUsers WHERE UserName='" & Request.Form("UserName") & "'" 3 User.open User_sql, Conn 4 5 if User("Password") = Request.form("Password") then 6 Response.write(User("Password"))7 end if ...

ADO vs ADO.NET (Part #1)
Hey,For some reason I am having trouble figuring out how to do things using ADO.NET. I will write out sample code to perform a simple operation and if someone is so kind would you give me the .NET equivilent. I have a few books but they are not doing a very good job of teaching me and each book uses its own method.... I loved how simple ADO was.. sucks they had to go and change every detail of it for .NET (although I do like the fact there is not a persistant database connection)Classic ASP ADO CodeTake into consideration that strCon already has the connection string definedDim adoConDim ado...

Converting .NET ADO Dataset to ADO Recordset
Hi Experts, I have a .NET dataset and I have to convert it to an ADO Recordset to call a method of an ocx because the parameter of this method is an ADO recordset. How can I do that ??? Here is my function where I have to convert Public Sub DisplayAgentStats() Dim objConnection As SqlConnection Dim objCommand As SqlDataAdapter Dim sConnStr As String Dim sSQL As String Dim ds As New DataSet() Dim ReturnCode As Integer sConnStr = "server=ServerA;database=DB1;uid=sa" sSQL = "sele...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

Web resources about - TBlobField, ADO and SQLite - embarcadero.delphi.ado