TADOQuery Throwing "S1000HY000connection is busy with results..."

Hi.  I asked this question back in 2011 and never got a satisfactory response.  My supervisor told me to drop it.  But this is now happening to a customer and has become a hot topic again.  Hoping I'll get something more helpful this time around. :)

Here are the details.  I have an application written in Delphi 7.  For my connection string, I check to see what operating system it is being run on.  If the OS is Windows 8.0 and greater, I use sqlncli.11, otherwise I use sqlncli.1.  The error happens ONLY when connected to a SQL2005 instance when on an XP.  It never happens in any other circumstance. I've attached to SQL2008 and SQL2012 instances from the XP and have never encountered this error. I can run the application on Windows 7 using the same ins
tance and do not see the error.  I know our application is not designed for multiple result sets, but I thought I'd give it a shot to see if I'd see an improvement.  While in the Delphi debugger, I changed the connection string to include the phrase "multipleactiveresultsets=true".  After the TADOConnection is opened, the MARS has been forced to false when I hover over the opened connection.

I don't know if it matters, but the connection is not thru ODBC.  The sqlncli.1 is version 2005.90.3042.0.  I honestly don't think throwing a MARS phrase in the connection string is the best way to fix this. Besides, it seems something overrode the setting in the connection upon opening it.

Please, does anybody have something else I can try?
0
Debbie

TADOQuery Throwing "S1000HY000connection is busy with results..." #3
Hi. I asked this question back in 2011 and never got a satisfactory response. My supervisor told me to drop it. But this is now happening to a customer and has become a hot topic again. Hoping I'll get something more helpful this time around. :) Here are the details. I have an application written in Delphi 7. For my connection string, I check to see what operating system it is being run on. If the OS is Windows 8.0 and greater, I use sqlncli.11, otherwise I use sqlncli.1. The error happens ONLY when connected to a SQL2005 instance when on an XP. It never happens in any other ci...

TADOQuery Throwing "S1000HY000connection is busy with results..." #2
Hi. I asked this question back in 2011 and never got a satisfactory response. My supervisor told me to drop it. But this is now happening to a customer and has become a hot topic again. Hoping I'll get something more helpful this time around. :) Here are the details. I have an application written in Delphi 7. For my connection string, I check to see what operating system it is being run on. If the OS is Windows 8.0 and greater, I use sqlncli.11, otherwise I use sqlncli.1. The error happens ONLY when connected to a SQL2005 instance when on an XP. It never happens in any other ci...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Delphi XE3 "Connection is busy with results for another command"
Hi, I have a little program in DelphiXE3 connecting to MSSQL Sqlexpress 2012 that uses three DbExpress parametrized querys connected to a TSQLConnection that has these parameters: DriverName=MSSQL GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMSSQL LibraryName=dbxmss.dll VendorLib=sqlncli10.dll The querys open cascade and when I try to open the last one I get a "TDBXError with message Connection is busy with results for another command" If I use the same program connecting to Firebird, Informix or Oracle databases I dont have this trouble. Any help will be appreciated, Hernando. I...

Results of "hiatory" or "autocomplete" search
Name: Peter Herklotz Email: softwareatpch-edvdotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Results of "hiatory" or "autocomplete" search Comments: Hello, in your release note you mention that the new display makes finding the web site you're searching for easier. In my opinion the opposite is true. The new display - at first glance a seemingly unstructured mixture of different font sizes - makes finding the result rather quite hard. What used to be findable with one short look at the result list now requires a really concentrated review of all the lines appear...

Using "+" or "||"

replace the "." with a ","

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Me" is better than "You"

"To" and "From" missing

Web resources about - TADOQuery Throwing "S1000HY000connection is busy with results..." - embarcadero.delphi.ado