TAdoDatSet.Modified does not work!?

Hello!

In my application I want the user to confirm when cancelling updates. So
tried to examin in the onBeforeCancel event of TADODatSet if
DataSet.Modified is true. It is never. So I tried to test against
adFoc.UpdateStatus = usModified. This does not work either. So what's wrong?

Do the cursor settings have an influence? These are: Cursor Location =
clUseClient, CursorType = ctStatic.
CommandText := 'select * from dbm.persons where idfoc=:IdFoc';

Any ideas?

Thx in advance! Regards,

Klaus
0
Klaus

Check TadoDataset.recordStatus property

> In my application I want the user to confirm when cancelling updates. So
> tried to examin in the onBeforeCancel event of TADODatSet if
> DataSet.Modified is true. It is never. So I tried to test against
> adFoc.UpdateStatus = usModified. This does not work either. So what's wrong?
>
> Do the cursor settings have an influence? These are: Cursor Location =
> clUseClient, CursorType = ctStatic.
> CommandText := 'select * from dbm.persons where idfoc=:IdFoc';
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx in advance! Regards,
>
> Klaus
0
Brian

Modify a working Delphi XE4 installation does not work
Hello, i need to upgrade the intraweb component in Delphi XE4 to the official atozed license. The info from atozed is first to uninstall the bundled version. But when i start the installation wizard from XE4 and select modify, a message "serial number unvalid" appears and i can only stop with taskmanager. What can i do. Thanks Theo Ok, i found the solution myself. Here is how it goes: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43089 ...

ASA8 and Delphi ADO? Is it work?
Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with Delphi via ADO. ---------------------------------- Oleg Kovalevsky Moscow, Russia I haven't tested ASA8 with Delphi, but I'm using ASA7 with Delphi 5 and ADOExpress. There are some glitches, but ASA support has been very helpful with addressing the problems. On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:01:05 +0300, "Oleg Kovalevsky" <okovalevsky@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with >Delphi via ADO. > > >----------...

ADO Connection not working if Delphi and Oracle not on same computer
I had Delphi working fine with Oracle using ADO when Oracle 11g is on the same pc as Delphi. I tried to use Delphi from another pc and I do not know what to enter for "Servername" on the Build connection string screen. Originally I had tough I needed to enter the computer name, aka Hostname. I also tried entering a name of the oracle instance or Oracle service, and also tried using this info in for format of hostname.service and \\hostname-service. Can someone help -is it just the computer name, is it the ip address, does it need the Oracle instance name? Thanks. steve Hel...

I need to modify this code ESC / POS to work in Delphi XE3
Please, this code has always worked in Delphi 2007 but I decided to migrate to Delphi XE3 and I no longer work for the issue of unicode variables. I tried changing in many ways and not hit. I need to print direclty to printer dot-matrix. Can anyone help? {code} unit AREPrinter; {$B-} interface uses Windows, SysUtils, Classes; type TAREPrinter = class(TComponent) constructor Create(AOwner:TComponent); override; destructor Destroy; override; private fDocumentTitle: AnsiString; fPrinterName: AnsiString; fPrinterHandle: DWord; fLevel: Integer;...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

ADO Connection with VB6 works, XE2 does not work
I am facing a strange problem in a concrete Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium SP2 machine, with other machines in the same local network all is working ok. My tests are the following: 1.) I create an *.UDL file. I click in "Test connection" and it works, I am using the generated string to test the connection in the programs: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=mypassword;Data Source=SERVIDOR\HOMEDES; 2.) Using an old VB6 program to connect to the SQL Server it works. 3.) Using a test program using XE2 it does not work, it fails in the lin...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Unit working on delphi 7
Hello, i have unit working on delphi7 - 2010 BUT on XE5 give me a lot of errors can you help me please to check whats wrong in the unit on XE5 {$WARNINGS OFF} unit CommonMemoryUnit; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Classes, Dialogs; type TCommMemNT = class(TObject) private FMemPtr:pointer; FhProcess:THandle; FdwProcessId:DWORD; FSize:integer; FPosition : Cardinal; protected procedure Open(AllocSize:integer); procedure Close; public constructor Create(hTarget:HWND;AllocSize:integer); destructor Destroy;override; procedure Ze...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Work Order Driver... Update Work Orders with modified values.
I have a work order driver setup that manages the removal of "job Positions" at future dates. When a Position is stamped with an end date, a work order is created, and the "nwoContent" value is the value of an attribute that I want deleted from the user at the appointed hour. However, we have found over time that HR sometimes modifies the position AFTER they have stamped the end date. The modify comes through and another work order is created. The original work order errors out... it ultimately works but is VERY messy. Too many work orders get created, too ...

modify is not working ...
Hello together, I try to modify the value of an attribute. This attribute is has multiple values. the following code is what i do: ----------- snip ---------- $ldap = Net::LDAP->new ( $ldaphost ) or die "$@"; $mesg = $ldap->bind ( "$ldapuser", password => "$ldappassword", version => 3); foreach $tmp (keys %add) { $entry = $ldap -> modify ( "$tmp", add=> [ 'member' => $username ] ); } foreach ...

Web resources about - TAdoDatSet.Modified does not work!? - embarcadero.delphi.ado