TADOConnecton from multiple threads (IntraWeb?)

I'm trying to determine if I can use a single TADOConnection from an IntraWeb application, with TADODatasets in different user sessions.

Basically that means that, having a single TADOConnection, it would have datasets in different threads using the connection at the same time.

So... is that situation thread safe, or will I be required to use a TADOConnection in each usersession (thread).

I didn't intend to crosspost the question, but after posting in the Intraweb section it occurred to me that it may be a more generic database question.  This thread over there:

 https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=109434&tstart=0

Thanks,
Dan
0
Dan

> {quote:title=Dan Barclay wrote:}{quote}
> I'm trying to determine if I can use a single TADOConnection from an IntraWeb application, with TADODatasets in different user sessions.
>
> Basically that means that, having a single TADOConnection, it would have datasets in different threads using the connection at the same time.
>
> So... is that situation thread safe, or will I be required to use a TADOConnection in each usersession (thread).
>
> I didn't intend to crosspost the question, but after posting in the Intraweb section it occurred to me that it may be a more generic database question.  This thread over there:
>
>  https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=109434&tstart=0

For info, I did get an answer over on the IW forum (see link above).

The answer is:  No, TADOConnection is not thread safe.  More link references in the other thread.

Dan
0
Dan

Multiple Threads vs Multiple applications.
Hi: We have been experimenting with using multiple threads with an application that does number crunching. We noticed we cannot successfully spawn more than 4-5 threads or we run into memory errors. Interestingly, if we launch multiple instances of the applications we can exceed the 4-5 limit. In addition, the calculations run quicker when using multiple instances of the application as opposed to multiple threads in a single instance. Is this typical and what is going on here? Anyway to speed up the threads? Thanks Bob "Bob McKinnon" <stardate10@hotmail.com...

Multiple threads use Multiple cores?
Hi, I really dont know whether this question belongs to this category or not. If so, Im sorry for that. Iam developing windows forms application, which have database connections and includes some graphics related work. I work with threads. If I go for CPU with multiple cores, will my multiple threads run on multiple cores? I think each executable is a single process which has a unique ProcessID (As per Windows Task Manager). One particular process may have multiple threads. If one particular ProcessID bo und to one core, then all threads belongs to that process will run on same core. Co...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Scheduler Issues
hi, i just want to raise up this issue in DNN 2.1.2. cause i not sure whether this issues is address in v3.0. I created a scheduler module which will read the transaction out from a table and broadcast out sms to the customer periodically. This scheduler is running fine since day when i have only one portal created in DNN. Problem start when i created another DNN portal when use the same instance and database. Since the second portal created, i received some call from customer in portal one and portal two where they received duplicate sms sometimes. It is the same content we send out fr...

Thread in thread...
I have a main thread that loops for a change in some datas, and then perform (within the same Execute) some operations... procedure MyThread.Execute; var _each:Integer; begin _each := 0; while not self.Terminated do begin if _each < MyDataCount then begin ...perform things on MyDatas[_each] _each := _each + 1; end else _...

multiple threads
if a program spawns multiple children, does that mean it has multiple threads? __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/ > if a program spawns multiple children, does that mean > it has multiple threads? no, that means is has multiple processes you'll be able to see them (if you are fast enough :) by typing ps axuw on the command prompt of your UNIX system Perl isn't too good at threading -- Gabor -- Gabor Szabo http://www.tracert.com...

multiple threads
hey all i have the following code: [code] private string Test() { .... for (int i=0; i<=j; i++) { return DoSomething(i); } .... } private string DoSomething(int i) { ....stuff here takes awhile to process using processinfo (cmd.exe)... } [/code] what i want to do is do run DoSomething for each i without having to wait for the previous i to complete. so for (int i=0; i<=j; i++) { return SomethingWithoutWaitingForThisToComplete(i); } how do i do that?...

multiple threads?
hello, earlier i hv created a web service where i used to create separate threads as soon as the web app started (Application_Start) the threads kept on running and when the application was taken down (Application_End) i used to stop the threads. cassini would be god sent to me if i could do the same thing here. can i?? regds, kidoman...

Multiple threads
Hello, I have the following code listed below which spawned from an example off the Sybase website. However I get the following error message at the line indicated below. //create the child thread uo_mainframe realtime_functions realtime_functions = Create uo_mainframe //create the communication object for the main thread uo_mainframe_comm mf_comm mf_comm = Create uo_mainframe_comm //register the child thread SharedObjectRegister("uo_mainframe", "mf_thread") SharedObjectGet("mf_thread", realtime_functions) //pass the primary thread the w...

about multiple threads
Hi, I want to use the shared object to make a asynchronous call to the server's method.I make two user object: one is shared object and the other is callback object.one function in the callback object is below: // function name is notify() long ll_rv ll_rv = iw_employee.setdw(ablb_data) if ll_rv = -1 then MessageBox("Error", "SetDW call failed!") end if return ll_rv one fuction in the sharedobject is below: //function name is dataretrieve(auo_callback) //auo_callback is a instance of callback object blob lblb_data long ll_rv ll_rv = iuo_emp...

Thread not threading
XP-P Moz 1.3 I have never been able to make the Thread icon really thread any messages. If I want them grouped together, the best I can do is sort by the Subject column. I have click and double clicked till my fingers dropped off on the little black "speech bubble" looking icon which denotes Threads, but absolutely nothing happens. What's the scoop with this? Thanks! Dorothy wrote: > XP-P Moz 1.3 > > I have never been able to make the Thread icon really thread any > messages. If I want them grouped together, the best I can do is sort by ...

Intraweb and threads
I am using Intraweb 11.0.60 with C++ Builder XE. I would like to know if there are some special settings or procedures to follow for treads programing in Intraweb? On 11/25/2013 9:52 AM, Arsene Mamert wrote: > I am using Intraweb 11.0.60 with C++ Builder XE. > I would like to know if there are some special settings or procedures to > follow for treads programing in Intraweb? Just the normal thread stuff in any Delphi app. -- "Programming is an art form that fights back" IntraWeb IRC and Web Chat: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Support/IRC.aspx ...

Web resources about - TADOConnecton from multiple threads (IntraWeb?) - embarcadero.delphi.ado