query for two mdb files

I use Delphi 7 with ADO
I need ask a one query to tables in two different access (*.mdb) file.
It is possible?
0
Piotr

> {quote:title=Piotr Muller wrote:}{quote}
> I use Delphi 7 with ADO
> I need ask a one query to tables in two different access (*.mdb) file.
> It is possible?

I think you need to use the "IN" operator, but
check all the syntax options in this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/113701

There are many other sources of info on this.  I Googled "access sql multiple MDB" and found that link on the first page of hits.

mIKE
0
Mike
8/22/2008 7:19:55 AM
> {quote:title=Mike Ver Hagen wrote:}{quote}
> I think you need to use the "IN" operator, but
> check all the syntax options in this article.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/113701
>
> There are many other sources of info on this.  I Googled "access sql multiple MDB" and found that link on the first page of hits.
Thanks mIKE
This is good solution.
0
Piotr

Query two tables in separate .mdb files
I would like to build a query that utilizes two different tables. Each table exists in a separate .mdb file. I don't even know if this is possible or how I would start. Any thoughts? Sean W.Sean W. I linked the tables within one of the Access databases. Not the method I wanted, so if anyone knows how to link tables programmatically from within ASP.NET, I would appreciate hearing about it.Sean W....

Using ADO: two Excel files and two ADOConnections Simultaneously
Windows 7, Delphi XE2. I am using ADO to access two separate excel spreadsheets. They have identical structure. Thus, I have set up two ADOConnections, two ADOQueries, and two TDatasets and connected them all together in a data module. I also have two dbgrids on the main form, one for each spreadsheet. I have prelinked the ADOConnections to the ADOQueries and the datasets and grids. The settings for each connection chain are connected identically except for the files pointed to. The object is to display each spreadsheet in a grid. OK, so I am making the connections dyna...

How to properly close ADO connection to mdb file so ldb files goes away?
I have an app that uses ADO to connect to a Jet Engine .mdb file. The user can open a form named frmBkUp, from the menu on the main form ,that has a button on it that when clicked runs the code listed below. If the user clicks on the button once you see the message pop up saying "found ldb". If they click on it again I get an access violation error. What I am trying to do is learn how to close all connections to the mdb file so the ldb file will go away. My goal is to close all connections then copy the .mdb file to a location that the user selects, as a way for the user to...

Inserting/Updating to ADO (.MDB file)
--=_D983EBAC.C2A3FD7A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Could someone potentiall help me.. I'm getting a message saying that = this operation is not supported. It appears to be on the ->AddNew(); = method. How can I insert and update data in Access databases in my = question. What syntax can be used? I've already got reading solved. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D $rs->AddNew(); $rs->Fie...

Query two Access database files at the same time
I have two database files: one contains company names and IDs, the other contains deal information. I need to write a query that displays the company name along with the deal record. In the Access query builder I managed to do this with 'Deals LEFT JOIN [;database=<company database file>].Suppliers' and it works perfectly. When I try to use that working query with a TADOQuery component in D6 I get a 'Parameter object improperly defined...' error. Is there a way to use the [;database syntax in Delphi or is there a different way to combine the databases to look up...

What's the difference between having an mdb file in a folder in solution explorer in VS and having the mdb file in SQL server?
 Hi,  I have always had my mdb file in sql server and been able to use it just fine without having it in a datafolder in vs. But, a lot of the times when I downloaded a sample for instance, the sample comes with the mdb file in the datafolder. What's the difference between having an mdb file in a folder in solution explorer in VS and having the mdb file in SQL server? And can it work if it's in VS and not in SQL server? Cheers, E Hi, there isnt much of a difference except that the data file is attached to SQL server at runtime where the other scenario already h...

ADO Query to Append Tables from two Access Databases
I want to append a table form one database to a table from another database. Both tables have exactly same structure and the databases are developed using MS Access. How to write ADO query to do this? My query would be something like this: AppendQuery.SQL.Clear; AppendQuery.SQL.Add('insert into tbl1'); AppendQuery.SQL.Add('Select * '); AppendQuery.SQL.Add('from tbl2'); AppendQuery.ExecSQL; How to distinguish that tbl1 and tbl2 are from two different ADO Datasets in this query? To which datasource AppendQuery will be attached? Thanks. Shobha ...

App_Data folder .MDB file error: Operation must use an updateable query
 Hi: My .mdb file (MS Access database) is located in App_Data folder, it works find in my local pc (can write/read...), but once I upload my application to a server, I can grab the data into my webpage, but it will give me an error: "Operation must use an updateable query." if I want to INSERT/UPDATE the database. I know it is permission issue. and I know: "App_Data folder grants Read and Write permissions for the folder to the ASPNET or NETWORK SERVICE user account".Now, I need this .mdb file can accept my INSERT query when a website user submits some info from my...

Query problem. Joining two queries
Hello,  After two days of trying to put two queries together, I feel frazzled and further from where I need to be. Actually I could not even get anything to really run with out errors especially with missing right parens.. If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Below are two separate queries. Query 1 returns all rows in the database.  Query 2 currently returns 1 row because the where statement is set up for the one row, but I need to change so that it some how links to Query 1 and the two fields derived from Query 2 will be listed for each row coming b...

How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" (auto update) query to SQL Server
How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" query (one SQL Server table only) that once a table field is edited - the underlying query results are updated. Kind of like the "LIVE" query concept from the BDE etc. Below is the ADO query that I am using and it generally *seems* to work well where once a field is edited (via TADOQuery.Edit and .Post), the query result are also changed. I think it is true that after an edit the change is always visible in the same program using the same query object. {code}procedure ExecuteQryTable( Connection: TADOConnection; Qry: TADOQuery...

How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" (auto update) query to SQL Server [Edit]
How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" query (one SQL Server table only) that once a table field is edited - the underlying query results are updated. Kind of like the "LIVE" query concept from the BDE etc. Below is the ADO query that I am using and it generally *seems* to work well where once a field is edited (via TADOQuery.Edit, .Post etc), the query result are also changed. I think it is true that after an edit the change is always visible in the same program using the same query object. {code}procedure ExecuteQryTable( Connection: TADOConnection; Qry: TADOQuer...

Two gridviews for two different queries at the same time
I am doing a project a Online Flight Reservation System.The condition for data selection through queries is that: when the user selects for One-Way trip then only the first gridview will show the flights from departure station to destination station but if the user selects for the Round-Trip then I want to display the flights from departure station to destination station in GridView1 and the return flights in GridView2.What should I do for this ? Do I have to use more than one DataSets for individual GridView Contols, each dataset containing different queries Or I need to combine both t...

how to convert Access MDB file into an ASCII file ?
Hi, I have opensuse 11 installed. I would like to know if from this OS, there's a way to export a Table from Microsoft Access MDB file, into CSV or ASCII text format? But I need it to run from the shell, because I would like to put this command into a script to run automatically. For example, something like this: mdbtools <filename.mdb> <table name> <output_filename.txt> -- newbie09 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Trouble with access is that it uses microsoft's own formatting and not that many a...

Web resources about - query for two mdb files - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Query - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Qubole Debuts Presto-As-A-Service, Based On Facebook-Created Open-Source Interactive Query System
Facebook announced last November that it would open-source interactive query system Presto , and now cloud big data platform provider Qubole ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.co/TgHECDe5 ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.

Query Strings - Quora
Quora is your best source for knowledge.

Google News Follow Query - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
searchengineland.com/google-news-adds-follow-news-query-5...

Legal query raised over super trawler
Legal query raised over super trawler

Passenger 'absolutely humiliated' by Jetstar pregnancy query
Passenger 'absolutely humiliated' by Jetstar pregnancy query

Sydney siege: Urgent query after bailed gunman 'slipped through the cracks'
He had a long history of violent crime and mental instability. So why on earth was he free on bail?

'Pies query Cloke frees after AFL loss
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley stresses Travis Cloke's lopsided free-kick count was not the No.1 issue after they lost to Richmond by five ...

Perth family query 'fair go' of deportation
A Sorrento family being deported back to the UK on Friday over a visa wrangle believes that immigration bureaucrats have not lived up to the ...