Problem with Windows 7

Hi...
I have got a problem using my booking program in Windows 7.  I am using
Excel sheets and this connection string:
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;' +
           'Data Source=' + Edit1.Text + ';' +
           'Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;'

I have also tried this:
Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;' +
           'Data Source=' + Edit1.Text + ';' +
           'Extended Properties=Excel 12.0;'

Both working fine under XP and Vista but NOT under Windows 7.

Anyone experienced this problem or know whats wrong here?

All help would be appreciated!

--
Regards
sijo

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:58:15 -0800, Stein Ivar Johnsen wrote:

> Both working fine under XP and Vista but NOT under Windows 7.
> Anyone experienced this problem or know whats wrong here?

What error message do you get?

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

I get this exception error message:
'No such interface supported'

Regards
sijo

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:58:15 -0800, Stein Ivar Johnsen wrote:
>
>> Both working fine under XP and Vista but NOT under Windows 7. Anyone
>> experienced this problem or know whats wrong here?
>>
> What error message do you get?

0
sijo

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Delphi 7 Translation Manager problem on Windows 7
Using Windows 7 Ultimate + Sp1 64 bit. When I try moving to the Workspace tab I get this error: "Cannot open file D:\myproject\ENU\MyFile.dfn? The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I had no problem moving to this tab on Win-XP. Did you manage to use the Translation manager with a project containing many forms on Win7? Thanks in advance Am 05.11.2014 11:16, schrieb lior ilan: > Using Windows 7 Ultimate + Sp1 64 bit. > When I try moving to the Workspace tab I get this error: > "Cannot open file D:\myproject\ENU\M...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7
win7 also have language problems. I used to fix the code below. But it did not work. I tried to indicate in the images. Thanks for your help. // initialization SetThreadLocale(LANG_TURKISH); GetFormatSettings; // [url=www.resimupload.com/ds144165673_screenhunter_01may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r3/thumb_144165673.jpg[/url] [url=www.resimupload.com/ds116050513_screenhunter_02may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r7/thumb_116050513.jpg[/url] [url=www.resimupload.com/ds501028062_screenhunter_03may.html][img=http://pic1.resimupload.com/r8/thumb_501028062.jpg[/url] ...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7
win7 also have language problems. I used to fix the code below. But it did not work. I tried to indicate in the images. Thanks for your help. // initialization SetThreadLocale(LANG_TURKISH); GetFormatSettings; // http://www.resimupload.com/ds144165673_screenhunter_01may.html http://www.resimupload.com/ds116050513_screenhunter_02may.html http://www.resimupload.com/ds501028062_screenhunter_03may.html Edited by: Mesut Yaz�l�m User on May 14, 2010 3:26 AM I suspect the TDateTimePicker component was initialized before the launch of the code overriding the current date ant time. U...

Delphi 7 & Windows 7 & Touchscreen (button press/release effects problem)
Everything works fine with a mouse. Now when I try to use my application with a touchscreen I can see that events are generated just fine. The problem is there is no button press/release event generated in the entire application. The application doesn't have this problem under windows XP. Any idea what could be causing this? Tumer TOPCU wrote: > Everything works fine with a mouse. Now when I try to use my > application with a touchscreen I can see that events are generated > just fine. The problem is there is no button press/release event > generated in the entire ap...

Windows 7 ... Delphi 7
The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > The new Windows 7 reminds me very strong of Delphi 7 ... a good feeling! Me too, from what I've heard so far. They are releasing it as a public beta tommorrow (the first 2.5 million in line only): Windows 7 page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ Information on Downloading and Installing Windows 7 Beta http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/07/information-on-downloading-and-installing-windows-7-beta.aspx How to Get in on th...

Problem using Delphi 6 with Windows 7 [Edit]
I have had all kind of problems with Delphi 6 and Windows 7. For example, when I try to open a TStringList file over a network drive I get the following error message (MyList.LoadFromFile(s:\info\tables\table.doc);): "--------------------------- Debugger Exception Notification -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Project Tools_CREG.exe raised exception class EFOpenError with message 'Cannot open file ...\table.doc'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. --------------------------------------------------------------...

Windows 7 Windows update problems
Anybody had trouble with yesterday's critical updates? We had two win7 machines fail to reboot after doing critical updates, and had to use system restore to get them back operational. Anybody else seen or heard anything about this? A quick google search didn't turn up anything. On 12/01/2011 15:02, David Kerber wrote: > Anybody had trouble with yesterday's critical updates? We had two win7 > machines fail to reboot after doing critical updates, and had to use > system restore to get them back operational. > > Anybody else seen or heard anythin...

Problem installing help with Delphi/CBuilder 2010 on Windows 7
I am having an issue with the help system with Delphi and CBuilder 2010. I'm running Windows 7 64bit and each time I hit the help icon in the IDE I get the following error message: "The Microsoft Document Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please re-install our documentation." I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still have this error message. I'm not sure what else there is for me to do. Does anyone have any clue as to how to resolve this problem? Thanks Tribble Carter wrote: > I am having an issue with the h...

Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in my organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the program. In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert files in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in clients with windows XP when I run the command dw_1.update() I get a...

Delphi 7 won't start up anymore on Windows 7 (except in Windows safe mode) [Edit]
I'm using Delphi 7 PE under Windows 7 Home Edition. Since four days Delphi will not start anymore. When I start, I see an entry "delph32.exe" in the Windows Task Manager (process tab, not application tab) but this will disappear sillently after some seconds. No error or warning message is given. I tried several things already, after searching the internet for a solution: - start delphi in comptability mode - start delphi as administrator - give full right on the installation directory of delphi - disable UAC - restore windows to the previous restore point None of ...

Delphi 7 and Windows 7 x64
I have a number of applications that cannot be migrated from Delphi 7 because of third party components. Is it possible to run Delphi 7 on Winows 7 or is it necessary to use VMWare? Will programs compiled with Delphi 7 run on Windows 7? Tom Thomas Hahn wrote: > I have a number of applications that cannot be migrated from Delphi 7 > because of third party components. Is it possible to run Delphi 7 on > Winows 7 or is it necessary to use VMWare? Will programs compiled > with Delphi 7 run on Windows 7? It run OK, you must have admin rights to install Cesar Rom...

Reinstall Delphi 7 on Windows 7?
My projects work fine in Delphi 7 on my old XP machine so the problems I am now experiencing under Windows 7 must be due to the Delphi set-up in Windows 7. I have attempted to reinstall this - after entering my serial number and authorization code the installer bombs out with the error "1311 file not found C:\Program Files\Borland\DELPHI~1.cab ...." certainly this file does not exist but nor does it exist on the XP machine. I downloaded the original Delphi from the old Borland site which is now not avai lable. Does anyone know what this *.cab file is all about or how I can get new...

Using Delphi 7 in Windows 7
I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. I have Delphi 7 working to some extent - it will open my projects and display my units and allow me to edit the code then compiles the *.exe file - BUT it will not display my forms. View/Forms - shows the list of forms and will open the associated unit but neither this nor F12 will display the form itself. Consequently I am unable to edit the form itself or its properties. Any ideas about what might be preventing these from displaying? > {quote:title=Ian BASIRE wrote:}{quote} > I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7. I h...

Delphi 7 + Windows 7 = No Help
Okay, so has anyone figured a solution to this problem yet? Delphi 7 uses winhelp for it's help system and Windows 7 does not include winhelp. The problem: Although Vista has a winhelp download, Windows 7 does not, and the Vista winhelp download will not install on Windows 7. The solution: Waiting to find out. Anthony Walter wrote: > The solution: Waiting to find out. It was released about a half an hour ago for download... :-) http://tinyurl.com/yz6s397 Mark > {quote:title=Anthony Walter wrote:}{quote} > Okay, so has anyone figured a solution to this pro...

Web resources about - Problem with Windows 7 - embarcadero.delphi.ado

6 problems with the Moto X Play and how to fix them
... every other smartphone and tablet out there, the Moto X Play is not without its issues. Which is why, we've rounded up some of the common problems ...

Apple is working on an iOS app for troubleshooting device problems
... with knowledge of goings-on at Apple’s Infinite Loop HQ,” the in-development application asks customers “basic questions to boil down the problem” ...

Sleeping in on weekends linked to health problems
... morning snoozes (however glorious they may be). Sleeping late on days-off—and other sleep-time adjustments—are linked to metabolic problems ...

DeAndre Hopkins Having No Problem with Darrelle Revis, Burns Him for 61-Yard TD - Bleacher Report
Many believed Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins would be stranded on Revis Island this Sunday. He hasn’t been—at all...

This is not just some oddity from Ottawa: Yoga really is a cultural appropriation problem.
Here 's a story from Canada. At the University of Ottawa, the Centre for Students with Disabilities has decided to end its program of free yoga ...

Oil Patch Problems: Rigs Down 60%, Production Down 3%, $40-$50 Price Doesn't Work
... has not hand a monthly close below $40 since mid-2004. And $40 to $50 is not even profitable, putting producers into a bind. Oil Patch Problems ...

E. Coli Isn't Chipotle's Only Problem
Brand perception was way down even before the latest outbreak.

Google's self-driving car has a huge problem
Google is designing a fleet of driverless cars. Throughout testing, engineers have noticed that the human tendency to ignore the rules of the ...

Apple admitted there's a problem with the iPad Pro
... The launch of the iPad Pro hasn't been smooth. In addition to the issue of iPad Pros crashing when being charged, there has also been a problem ...