Problem with the Delphi 2009 Translation Tool [Edit]

I am new to the Delphi 2009 translation tool. In order to familiarize with the Translation Tool I found the tutorial *"ITE and ITM Tutorial for Delphi 2005* (+http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/32974+) and used the proposed step by step approach to localize the example (from english to french): success! I tried the same procedure on another simple project: success again.

Given these successes, I tried to apply the same procedure to a more complex project written originally in french (FRC) coded originally with D6 and ported to D2009 w/o any problem. It is a program that uses 8 forms, the BDE, a Paradox database and Quick Report 504 to print some data.

I followed exactly the step-by-step procedure. The Resource DLL Wizard produced a MyApp.ENC project containing all the forms of the project, a MyApp_DRC.rc file and 8 other files (DBLOGDLF.dfm, DBPWDLG.dfm, QRABOUT.dfm, QRCOMPED.dfm, QRENVED,dfm, QRLABED.dfm, QRPREV.dfm and PRPRGRES.dfm), The +HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CodeGear\Locales+ entry of the registry also contains the correct path to the project and its value is *ENC*.

So far so good *BUT* when I run the program with ENC activated, *the main form displayed without any string translated and no MyApp.ENC was generated in the directory of the project*. No exception no notification of any sort occured.

What did I do wrong?

Georges

Edited by: Georges Trottier on Oct 1, 2011 3:17 PM
0
Georges

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Translation tools for Delphi 2009
Hello, I am moving to Delphi 2009 to use its Unicode features for translating to other languages. I was wondering what tools to use for translating applications, I am aware of TsiLang, Sisulizer and Multilizer. I would like the application to have all the language files in one build, so that the user has the option of changing languages at runtime, and reduces overhead for me. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to integrate multiple languages within Inno Setup (the installation package I use) so it gives the user the option to select a language before installing. Thank...

Translation tools for Delphi 2009
Hello, I am moving to Delphi 2009 to use its Unicode features for translating to other languages. I was wondering what tools to use for translating applications, I am aware of TsiLang, Sisulizer and Multilizer. I would like the application to have all the language files in one build, so that the user has the option of changing languages at runtime, and reduces overhead for me. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to integrate multiple languages within Inno Setup (the installation package I use) so it gives the user the option to select a language before installing. Thank...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Web resources about - Problem with the Delphi 2009 Translation Tool [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Translation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whereas interpreting undoubtedly antedates writing , translation began only after the appearance of written literature ; there exist partial ...

Translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Translations is a three-act play by Irish playwright Brian Friel , written in 1980. It is set in Baile Beag (Ballybeg) , a Donegal village in ...

Accused terror plotter Omarjan Azari to challenge translations of phone call with ISIS leader
Exclusive: A Sydney man accused of planning an IS murder plot is challenging the charge.

Google Translate adds iPad Split View, printed text translations for more languages
Google is rolling out a couple notable updates to its Google Translate apps that adds additional languages for translations of printed text and ...

Elspeth Lynn Joins FCB Inferno, Translation Hires Li and More
... BMW, Nivea, Microsoft and Oreo. In 2015 it was one of the most awarded U.K. agencies for the Sport England campaign "This Girl Can." Translation ...

Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?
Facebook appears to be experimenting with automatic translation , including the extension of that functionality to calls to action . Reader ...

Copyfish: free OCR and translation for Chrome
... and get more results. A Settings dialog has options to set your preferred input and destination languages. Or, if you only need OCR, translations ...

MH-17 Yet Again, Poring Over the Data (and Translations); Serious Factual Errors by Time and Western ...
... US citizen who speaks and reads Russian, and who works in the US State Department, just recently decided to review some video footage and translations ...

good translation is very important
... They’re proving their point with this fun taste test , showing why Google Translate may not be the best choice when it comes to translation. ...

Android Marshmallow has a hidden feature: universal translation
Android 6.0 'Marshmallow' allows users to instantly translate text between languages from within popular apps including WhatsApp, TripAdvisor, ...