problem accessing databases on local server

I'm using adoconnection to connect to SQL server data base, I have both Delphi 7 and Delphi 2009 and SQL server 2005 on a Vista machine. In Delphi 7 when I try to build the connection string everything goes well and I can setup the connection using bellow connection string:
Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=NTSS;Data Source=.
but the same didn't work on Delphi 7 and I got the this error:
Microsoft Data Link Error [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead (recv()).]General network error. Check your network documentation.
the weird thing is that after I have confirmed the error I'm able to connect to the database when the program runs but not from the IDE interface. I thought that may be there is a problem with Installation because that was working fine before but after reinstalling Delphi 2009 nothing has been changed. Could someone help me with this error, because I need to have access to database on the design time and that is not possible in this case.
0
Davit

Davit,

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 06:19:26 -0000, Davit Markarian  wrote:

> In  Delphi 7...
> Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
> Info=False;Initial Catalog=NTSS;Data Source=.
>
> the weird thing is that after I have confirmed the error I'm able to
> connect to the database when the program runs but not from the IDE
> interface.

While my personal preference is to avoid design-time connections as much
as possible (and I'm also still using XP), when accessing my local
SQLserver2005 instance I use a connection string with my machine name as
the DataSource, not just the "." which you have.

		....;Data Source=IMS-W05

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems

Thanks for the reply but  have tried all posble chosses my machine name NUTNB01 or IP address but none has helped.
0
Davit
1/13/2009 9:56:31 AM
What about something like this...w/o the integrated security:

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=sa;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=IMS_Security_Tables;Data Source=MIS-4327;

my machine name is MIS-4327
0
Carl

Database access problems when testing on local IIS server
Hi,  I'm pretty new to this but I'm having problems connecting to the database.  I have an sql express connection with connection string as follows:<connectionStrings> <add name="KenyaConnection" connectionString="Server=claudiu\SqlExpress; Database=KenyaWildlife; Trusted_Connection=yes;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  This database comes up in solution explorer as locatlhost/KenyaWildlife.dbo  Then I created a login which created a new database called aspnetdb.mdf. I figured out...

Problems with Response.Redirect Problem & SmtpMail problem on main server (they are ok on local server)
In my previous post , I mentioned my problem that with response.redirect that does not work on main server (it works on local server). I could find a solution by making a comment for authorization section of the web.config as follows:  1 <authentication mode="Forms">2 <forms name=".ASPXUSERDEMO" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All"/>3 </authentication>4 <authorization >5 <!-- <deny users="?"/> -->6 </authorization> It solved the problem and pa...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Problem accessing SQL database in server
After I uploaded my web page and my sql database to my server I get the following error: Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not open new database 'dsyfa.dnh.sk_0254bfa0-5525-4634-bee7-1b99fd021b34'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.Could not attach file 'I:\Data\Web\dnh.sk\dsyfa_78676f0b-4b12-4502-8792-5141335ef179\www\App_Data\GamesDB.mdf' as database 'dsyfa_0254bfa0-5525-4634-bee7-1b99fd021b34'.File activation failure. The physical file name "F:\My Stuff\Software Development\C#\ATLAS\Projects\GameSite\App_Data\GamesDB_log.LDF" may be incorrect.The log cannot be ...

Access Database connects locally but not on server
I have an access 2000 database on my projects.aspx page. When I created it in Web Matrix it worked fine. I transferred everything over to Visual Studio.Net 02 and it did add a lot more code but still worked. Here is the code. Me.OleDbConnection.ConnectionString= "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password="""";User ID=Admin; " & _ "Data Source=e:\html\domains\webaddress.com\db\MM1.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended " & _ "Properties="""";Jet OLEDB:System database="""";Jet OLE...

Problem with access database on a hosting server
I have an access database on a hosting server for my website.  However, i have coded my app so that when I item select one of my dropdown list, it is suppose to populate the second list with data from the database.  This works fine locally, but does not work on the hosting server. I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. Disk or network error. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception ...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Problem in accessing sql server database in iis
hi i have developed asp.net application with sql server express. i have added  one mdf file in my app_data folder. and refer data from my local .mdf folder. its working perfectly in my local folder, But when i try to access through IIS it does not working. i have given permissions  to my application folder. i think i have to give permission for access data base. how can i assign select, insert , update and delete permission for tables which are in my local folder,   please help me..  Thanks & RegardsTamil. HI Tamil.  Just check your connection string. I...

Problem opening access database on 2003 server
I have code that runs correctly on a Windows 2000 server, but when I copy the files to the 2003 server it can no longer access the database. I have given domain users, aspnet and the anonymous account modify permissions on the database directory and file and the directory the aspx file resides. The error message I receive is: Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Source: mscorlib Stack Trace: at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBind...

Database Connection Problems (Access & SQL Server)
Hi folks, I am a newbie so please help me explicitly, thanks. I recently downloaded the webmatrix. Now when i try to create a database connection through the wizard, it gives me certain messages: for connection to Access: "An unhandelled exception has occured in the application" when i click details it tells me this: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Matrix.Packages.DBAdmin.DBEngine.Access.AccessDatabase.CloseAdoxCatalog(ICatalog adoxCatalog) at Microsoft.Matrix.Packages.DBAdmin.DBEngine.Acc...

Access Database and SQL Server database
Hi, I have an access database server and a sql server DB. The  Structure of both DB is same . The data is updated or inserted in access DB. I want to update SQL Server DB on a any event say button click. All updated data or new data in access DB should be reflected on SQL Server DB . Can anyone guide on the approach to be attempted. Thanks   Mark this as an answer if you find my it helpful.Thanks,Anubhuti ONe approach would be to use the System.Data.OleDb library and store connection strings for each database in your web.config file.  Each time you need ...

Can I access a legacy database on a unix server through ADO.NET ?
Hi,  I am developing  an IT system  for an accounting and auditing firm in  .NET.   The organization has a legacy database running on unix server containing firm's important data. The IT system should provide the following services to the clients. - Based on designation system should authenticate the employees. - Should log all access to the system. - Should be able to access and retreive the data from the database. -  Should  support scheduling for office meetings. - Control access to the web sites users are accessing. Can I  ...

Compatability problem Windows7 and ADO database acces from Delphi XE
All, I don't know where i need to post this, so i thought i'd try here, if someone can tell me where i need to put this posting. I have an application written in Delphi XE which uses ADO database connectivity. It retrieves data from an IBM i (AS400) using SQL either directly or via user defined table functions on the server side. (Queries are run via TADOConnection, TADODataset and TADOQuery) The application runs 100% perfectly on Windows XP, but when i try to run the program on Windows7 i have the following issues: 32 Bit. All the UDTFs work correctly except one. This is not...

Web resources about - problem accessing databases on local server - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...